My sincere thanks to those maintaining this post and giving me a heads up on the July 3rd party. We just booked for the six of us. I have a son with special needs who just can’t do the big firework crowds. We did a HEA dessert party around Thanksgiving to avoid the crowds and it worked out magnificently. This is an awesome board - thanks for spreading some pixie dust our way by letting us know they were open for booking!

**Attention** The 9/17 dessert party finally opened up tonight for anyone who wants to book that date!! :yay:
Yay! Thank you sooo much @areno79 for staying diligent on this! I even went to check this morning, then got distracted at work and forgot until I came to check the boards. I booked Plaza garden for 9/17, maybe I’ll see you there!!

Thanks for letting us know July 3rd was open. I have been checking every morning and then checking this thread every evening. Booked the garden viewing! I did this same Dessert party in February and it was awesome. So happy not to have to battle the crowds for the Fireworks.

I had been wanting to book this since I started planning this trip last summer, but due to budgeting I was afraid we were going to just have to rough it out with the crowds and hope for the best. LOL. Thankfully, last night I was able to snag my family reservations to this on 6/7, so we are -sure- to get a good viewing of HEA before leaving on the 9th. With this being our first trip, I really wanted to be sure we got to see the show without having to worry about staking out a spot and then getting squished by the crowd. The dessert portion will likely be wasted as we have dinner reservations at CRT at 5:30 that night, but you know...I just don't really care. Haha. With this possibly being our only trip we get to take, I'm willing to pay the price tag for my crew to have a nice(er) experience than being in that hoarde of folks. Haha.

Yay! Thank you sooo much @areno79 for staying diligent on this! I even went to check this morning, then got distracted at work and forgot until I came to check the boards. I booked Plaza garden for 9/17, maybe I’ll see you there!!

Awesome! Glad you were able to book :)

I really wanted to thank the forum as this thread has been a blessing for advertising the right dates for the HEA party and I could finally get my reservation for July 4th.
However I'd like to know if my credit card will be credited back automatically with the money I paid when I cancel online on my MDX the previous reservation I had for the party that was later in July... or do I have to phone ?

I really wanted to thank the forum as this thread has been a blessing for advertising the right dates for the HEA party and I could finally get my reservation for July 4th.
However I'd like to know if my credit card will be credited back automatically with the money I paid when I cancel online on my MDX the previous reservation I had for the party that was later in July... or do I have to phone ?
Your credit card should be automatically refunded if you cancel the previous reservation online - it just might take a few days for the refund to come through .

Thanks to everyone for the notification of the July 3rd party! I was able to snag the terrace view for my party of 8. I had already been talking to my group about watching from the Poly, so now we have a split group on watching from the terrace or the Poly beach. DH is worried that with a large party, we won’t have a table right at the railing and therefore won’t be worth the money since we won’t have a front row view. I know this has been discussed already, but is the view great from the second or third deep tables? If not, we’ll probably cancel and stick with the Poly beach. GaDisneyDad14 shared some amazing photos from the Poly last year so I know that’s a great view!

Thanks to everyone for the notification of the July 3rd party! I was able to snag the terrace view for my party of 8. I had already been talking to my group about watching from the Poly, so now we have a split group on watching from the terrace or the Poly beach. DH is worried that with a large party, we won’t have a table right at the railing and therefore won’t be worth the money since we won’t have a front row view. I know this has been discussed already, but is the view great from the second or third deep tables? If not, we’ll probably cancel and stick with the Poly beach. GaDisneyDad14 shared some amazing photos from the Poly last year so I know that’s a great view!

In the past they used to have many rows of reserved tables (your name was on it when you arrived) on the terrace and then when the fireworks started everyone would rush to the railing so you had no choice but to stand up. That is no more (thank goodness for the price you pay). There is only one row of tables lined up all along the length of the railing. You sit at your table, first come first served basis so show up early, eat your desserts/drinks and remain seated for the fireworks. The view is good but not the best as it is from an angle.
Have a great time!

https://www.disboards.com/threads/h...ble-for-booking.3604693/page-82#post-59193734

Did you consider the Garden Plaza instead of the Terrace? Then your party can definitely sit together in the (fake) lawn and if there are kids in the group there’s room to move around. The view is fantastic!

What happens in heavy rain / thunderstorms?
I assume the food portion is fine but will the show still go on?
I think it is a 5 day cancel and next week is all rain, 100 to a low of 80 % on the night of our dessert party.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter