MK Opening Family video montage - our wonderful day

SO MAGICAL! Wow, what a once in a lifetime experience! I too, teared up watching it, just beautiful. Toon-town will be missed by many, but your video, is actually a very nice tribute to it in a way. It was very cool to see your perspective from the train station looking our onto the crowd, loved it. I sure hope someone sees this and you are able to get vieo of your special day, but if not you guys did a great job of putting together an amazing video of it.

Very, very cool! :) How adorable and your son is just precious! I loved how it was edited as well - great job! :):thumbsup2

Thanks for sharing this special moment!
Heather

Totally teared up watching. What a great experience! What a great job on the video! Awesome memories.

Wow! Great video! Love the part of Mickey and your son running to each other. What a once in a lifetime experience! Your son is adorable!

How PRECIOUS!!! I'm actually crying while watching your video - I don't know why! I'm so glad your family had this outstanding experience! Way Cool!

I'm such a sap! Watching Mickey run towards your son made me tear up! I remember being 4 and meeting Mickey for the 1st time & how important/magical that was!

That video is soooo well put together. Your DH obviously knows what he is doing!!! A treasure for you and your family forever. :goodvibes

Thanks for the wonderful feedback everyone. It really was a wonderful, magical morning especially given the impending closure of Toontown Fair. :guilty:

I found it ironic that one of the verses in the Toontown song mentions: "there's only one town that's a toon kind of home and they'll never want to move away." But they *are* moving away!

Here are some answers to questions:

How are families chosen for this?
We were at the Magic Kingdom turnstiles a bit before 7:45 when the park opened at 9. This was easy because we were staying across the street at Bay Lake Tower and the walk was only 5 minutes. I've read that the timing was similar for other families who've posted about being selected as opening family here on the Dis. They were only letting in families with breakfast reservations. We asked if we could get through the turnstyles to get a photo in front of the floral Mickey. The CM said "one moment, I will check with someone" and then a manager type came over to ask us if we wanted to open the Magic Kingdom!!!! We were thrilled.

Did you all get to do other fun stuff as family of the day?
Although this is often referred to as Family of the Day, the official title is Opening Family. Once the opening ceremony was over we went on our way. One or two other families are also chosen later in the day to be in the daily parade. That's a different experience.

Was there a photopass photographer taking pictures of your family?
Yes there was a PhotoPass photographer at the front of the park taking pictures from down below. Many of these are in the video. We don't have the CD back from PhotoPass yet so the PhotoPass pics shown in the video are just screen captures. Once we get the CD back my hubby will put in the high resolution photos and it will look even better. There was no PhotoPass person in Toontown but A CM from the entertainment department took our camera in Toontown and took photos of us meeting the characters, photos of the characters on the train and then the photos from the other side of the train with us facing the crowd.

The editing was really great on the video, what software?
The software is actually web-based application called Animoto.com -- they make it really easy to put in photos and video clips and turn out a great looking video.

And the song, is that off a Disney CD?
The Toontown song is actually from Tokyo Disneyland and was on their Official Album years ago. The other music from the actual opening ceremony has been on the past few WDW official albums.

How exciting...brought tears to my eyes watching your little guy run to Mickey...that is what it is all about!!

Omigosh, me too! That is what I love so much about Disney... pure unadulterated joy! What a super treat! You couldn't possibly have a bad day after that! Thanks for sharing!:thumbsup2

Ok I don't know why buy I was crying from the time that video started to the time it ended. What a Magical day for you and your family!!! To me that is what Disney is all about!!! This make me even more excited for our family trip in May! This will be DS2 first time to see Mickey and I hope to see the magic in his eyes when he meets him for the first time. Thank you sooo much for sharing that video!!!

THANK YOU so much for posting this video!! I just viewed it with my DD7 and we both loved it! I also became quite teary eyed - such an awesome experience or your family.

I teared up, too! Glad I wasn't alone!

I'm with the majority on this one, the video of your son and Mickey running toward each other was spectacluar!!

Thanks for the wonderful feedback everyone. It really was a wonderful, magical morning especially given the impending closure of Toontown Fair. :guilty:

I found it ironic that one of the verses in the Toontown song mentions: "there's only one town that's a toon kind of home and they'll never want to move away." But they *are* moving away!

Here are some answers to questions:

We were at the Magic Kingdom turnstiles a bit before 7:45 when the park opened at 9. This was easy because we were staying across the street at Bay Lake Tower and the walk was only 5 minutes. I've read that the timing was similar for other families who've posted about being selected as opening family here on the Dis. They were only letting in families with breakfast reservations. We asked if we could get through the turnstyles to get a photo in front of the floral Mickey. The CM said "one moment, I will check with someone" and then a manager type came over to ask us if we wanted to open the Magic Kingdom!!!! We were thrilled.

Although this is often referred to as Family of the Day, the official title is Opening Family. Once the opening ceremony was over we went on our way. One or two other families are also chosen later in the day to be in the daily parade. That's a different experience.

Yes there was a PhotoPass photographer at the front of the park taking pictures from down below. Many of these are in the video. We don't have the CD back from PhotoPass yet so the PhotoPass pics shown in the video are just screen captures. Once we get the CD back my hubby will put in the high resolution photos and it will look even better. There was no PhotoPass person in Toontown but A CM from the entertainment department took our camera in Toontown and took photos of us meeting the characters, photos of the characters on the train and then the photos from the other side of the train with us facing the crowd.

The software is actually web-based application called Animoto.com -- they make it really easy to put in photos and video clips and turn out a great looking video.

The Toontown song is actually from Tokyo Disneyland and was on their Official Album years ago. The other music from the actual opening ceremony has been on the past few WDW official albums.
I just wanted to say that I just read your "background" with Walt Disney World in your Trip List and that explained to me how you knew SO much about WDW:)

I LOVE the World Showcase International Cast Members.I have met many wonderful ICMs at Canada!They are always SO nice!:)

Canada is a GREAT Pavilion!I love Victoria Falls!:)I just wish they hadn't closed the La Boutique des Provinces in Hotel du Canada!That "section" of the Pavilion just doesn't "flow" now.

By the way,your Country did a GREAT job with the Olympics!:)

I am SO impressed with your passion for WDW!It is so awesome to "meet" other Guests here on the DIS who love WDW as much as I do!:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter