• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

MK strategy with no FP+

shan981

Mouseketeer
For our second MK day (60+3), I'm planning to do MK in the morning and HS at night. Hoping this will maximize my chances of getting SDD FP+ for the evening that day (but will be okay with AS2 as we will do a full HS day on 60+7 so likely can get SDD then).

This will obviously leave us with no FP+ for MK that morning. We will have three kids, a 10yo and twin almost 2yos, so I'm thinking that morning we can focus on more of the toddler friendly rides, but even those seem to have long wait times. Realistically, will we be able to do things with minimal waiting? It's a party night, so hoping crowds will be lighter. We also have haircuts scheduled for all three boys at Harmony Barber Shop, at 10:20 and 10:40, so that will eat up some time. Will it even be worth it to RD if we only have about an hour before haircuts? Park hours that day are 9-6.

If you want to rope drop, sure, you'll be able to get on some of the bigger rides. If the DS10 wants 7DMT, go there first. If not, hit PP as that line builds fast and it's a ride everyone can do. Same with BTMRR and Splash Mountain, getting to them early would be good if DS10 wants to get on them.

There are rides that you can do that won't have a very long line no matter what time of day. Carousel, CoP, Laugh Floor, Philharmagic, some of the character greets, Ariel (maybe), Storytime (maybe). Not sure about the rides in the Dumbo area, as I haven't been back there in years, but you can look.

We had to do a morning at MK this past trip with no FP+ so we could have afternoon FP+ for Flight of Passage. It worked out ok since we knew we had another day at MK. We had a PPO Be Our Guest reservation which helped with a ride on Seven Dwarfs Mine Train first thing. I think on a party day you could have a good day. Yes, rope drop! That first hour is golden.

I'd rope drop rides, get the hair cuts, and when the lines get too long do things like Tom Sawyer's Island, the Riverboat, Philharmagic, Country Bears Jamboree and lunch.

We had evening FP at AK because that's when I could get FoP, so we did the same thing on our last trip as far as rope dropping with no FP. Magic Kingdom is a great choice if you want to rope drop without FP. Lots of options there.
I'd rope drop Peter Pan, then Pooh, then either the Carrousel or either it's a small world (to minimize walking) and then head to your appointments. You don't need to be there super early to do Peter Pan. As long as you're there before the welcome show starts, you will be fine.

Another option would be to do Pooh, Dumbo, Barnstormer, and Little Mermaid.

I personally like to rope drop Peter Pan, and be far enough back that we have a few minutes wait in the bedroom part of the queue. The effects are really fun!

I would do lunch as soon as you finish the haircuts, and then do something like Tom Sawyer's Island or Philharmagic and then head out for a break. Have fun!

Thank you all! Sounds like it can work out fine. I'm thinking we'll do 7DMT and the other "big" rides on our first day in MK (60+1) so will focus more on the family rides this day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter