MK to Close Early (4:30p) on NOVEMBER 30, 2017 for Private Event!

Any chance this will change or is this a locked-in date? And any idea what time the last ADR will be in MK that day?

Any chance this will change or is this a locked-in date? And any idea what time the last ADR will be in MK that day?

Last ADR will probably be 4 to 4:30. They really do try to get people out asap and since this is before the 180 days they may even end reservations earlier.

Last edited:
Last ADR will probably be 4 to 4:30. They really do try to get people out asap and since this is before the 180 days they may even end reservations earlier.

I wouldn't plan on a 4:30 reservation being available. They hard close most places for this event because there is a very short (2 hour?) turn around for getting everything set up and the honorees into the park.

I worked check in last year and if I remember correctly, we started checking in about 5 and cast were boarding the ferry by about 530 to head over

Unfortunately, the Celebration is for 10 years and increments of 5
To expand on that, CMs are invited only when it's the 5th year increment, if it's a year between 10-15, 15-20 etc, no party for you.
I don't remember when they actually stopped for 5 year anniversary CMs...
Probably on my 5th year which was a very long time ago.

Could someone help me get this straight? My reservation is for Wednesday November 29 thru Tuesday December 5th. Any idea how many nights out of my 6 nights there will MK be open for me without a party ticket? Does anyone remember the last time frame for making a dining reservation before MVMCP?

Could someone help me get this straight? My reservation is for Wednesday November 29 thru Tuesday December 5th. Any idea how many nights out of my 6 nights there will MK be open for me without a party ticket? Does anyone remember the last time frame for making a dining reservation before MVMCP?

MVMCP depends on the restaurant. The more popular/further from the entrance the earlier they close. I believe last year some closed around 6-6:30.

I believe you'll have at least 2 nights at MK available with no upcharge during those days.

Wednesday, Saturday, and Monday should be the days where MK remains open later.

I just can't believe that WDW makes us make all these reservations so far in advance and then closes for a private event so they can make more money and boost Iger's salary more. Or pay for the Shanghai overruns. Maybe if they were spending that time cleaning all the bathrooms it would be worth it, but it just seems like WDW doesn't care about the guests anymore and this is just another example like FP+ of them trying to cut costs by offering all those rude CMs a party instead of paying them more. All I can say is that Walt must be spinning in his grave over something like this. And my family and I will be going to Universal.

I think that covered everything :)

I just can't believe that WDW makes us make all these reservations so far in advance and then closes for a private event so they can make more money and boost Iger's salary more. Or pay for the Shanghai overruns. Maybe if they were spending that time cleaning all the bathrooms it would be worth it, but it just seems like WDW doesn't care about the guests anymore and this is just another example like FP+ of them trying to cut costs by offering all those rude CMs a party instead of paying them more. All I can say is that Walt must be spinning in his grave over something like this. And my family and I will be going to Universal.

I think that covered everything :)

You need to say something about staying offsite and the quality of food going down since the Dining Plan. :p

Went to the MK on a parade taping day years ago. It was rainy. The producer of the parade and show was very pushy, exhorting everyone in the line of site of the cameras to take off their rain gear. Then I got got to see and hear Beyonce sing Silent Night about ten thousand times. After the 10,000 time the crowd began to lose interest and walk away, to which the pushy producer yelled into a microphone, "Splash Mountain will be here whenever you want-you'll only have Beyonce today!!!" I didn't want to be rude, but I was wet and bored so away I went to Tomorrowland because I only had so many days for my hard-earned and saved up for vacation. Sorry, Beyonce.

I'll be there that week and I am very grateful for this early information. Already marked it down in my planning book. I'm happy to also know that the parade will not be filmed while I am there!

Ugh, Thursday was going to be our off day/party night (based on past history) followed by a total sleep in non-park day. At least I have 7 months to adjust :).

Is this the same private event that occurred last year the week BEFORE Thanksgiving? I actually liked that MK closed at 4:30. The park was empty.

Is IAAPA meeting in Orlando this year and renting MK again? I know it was on Nov 2016 calendar for Thurs, Nov 17th closing at 4:30 as well. Didn't know if it was annual event.

Checked their website...they have their convention and trade show in Orlando Nov 13-17.

Is IAAPA meeting in Orlando this year and renting MK again? I know it was on Nov 2016 calendar for Thurs, Nov 17th closing at 4:30 as well. Didn't know if it was annual event.

Checked their website...they have their convention and trade show in Orlando Nov 13-17.
I believe Disney handed over the "control" at the end of last year's convention to Universal for this year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter