MNSSHP and wheelchairs??

MarieS

DIS Veteran
I am planning an October trip with my two sons who are multiply disabled and use wheelchairs. I was thinking about getting tickets to the Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party. Has anyone gone to this event with their special needs child? Was it do-able? We are not able to do much for Halloween normally and I thought this might give the boys a chance to participate. I would appreciate any tips. Thanks!
Marie

The main difference between a normal day in the MK and a hard-ticket event is that there is much more activity in the streets, which can contribute to the appearance that the park is very crowded (Not So! I've seen the numbers and a sold-out hard ticket doesn't even come close to an average day.) The queues will be shorter for most of the attractions, but alot of people will be on the streets collecting candy and taking in the special entertainment. All of the candy locations are fully accessible, and there should be no reason that your boys can't participate, however it may be slow-going in some parts of the park (tomorrowland bridge, central plaza, splash mt. bridge) due to extra pedestrian activity in those areas.
Anyone have first-hand experience w/ a wheelchair (or two) at a hard-ticket?

Haven't been to the Halloween one but have done MVMCP and Night of Joy as well aas several Pin Events in a wheelchair and haven't had a real problem. Most are very curteous and it is very pleasant.
Did have a slight problem coming from the parade to the castle show last year in that I couldn't get close enough to see the interpreters but that was quickly resolved by Mark Jones. Was on the ramp to the castle inside the ropes. Was also placed there for Night of Joy by the castmembers along with another couple with a wheelchair.

Thanks for your imput. I was wondering if the parks would be more crowded than are are normally during the day. I hadn't thought about the streets in those areas you mentioned, Steve and I appreciate the tip. Now we just have to come up with some good costumes!

Marie

Did MVMCP with oldest DD in wheelchair and had no problems it was really great. When we first went in mainstreet was packed and I started asking myself what did I do but once we went in the castle we never waited behind more then 5 people in line and stayed on all the rides with wheelchair cars as long as we wanted to.

Marie, we did this with our two dds in their wheelchairs. It was wonderful! There are places that are more crowded than others but you can usually go to the side or find another path not so crowded so that you can by-pass it. The lines for candy seem long but go very fast. It was a great experience for our girls. Just choose comfortable costumes! Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter