MNSSHP - Going Overboard on Dates?

Very happy that there are three dates while we're there - 8/25, 8/29 and 9/1. We may not have been able to attend one had they not gone that early.

My DD 14 (soon 15) is peanut allergic (my profile pic is from 2009), so I've been trying to read up a bit on it. My wife isn't worried about the candy, but she's worried about the potential of little kids wiping peanut-y hands everywhere. The good thing is my daughter is old enough to carry her meds, including her Epi-Pen, and she can make her own decisions. The bad news is that this is a surprise trip, and we don't want to force her into the party.

So, the question is - does anyone think the first three parties will be sold out?
All three of my kids are peanut allergic. Last year they were given tokens to turn in for treats that were safe. However my kids are BIG KIDS meaning 26, 23 and 17 so they did the regular candy and just gave the peanut stuff to someone else. You have that worry all the time with the peanut allergy even at school especially in high school with switching classes and sitting in several different desks each day. I would just say bring wipes/hand sanitizer and have her do her hands after attractions.

I wish they had gone "overboard" in September 2015 when we were there at that time of year. They didn't start MNSSHP until mid September that year.
Yep. That was a tough pill to swallow. They had 7pm closings early that month that psyched some of us up, then they changed the hours to regular park hours.

I do understand both sides of this argument, but at the end of the day, the only thing that makes a difference for you is to not go during this time of year. It's a personal decision if it really bothers you that much. Honestly, this is a first world problem and getting to go to Disney at all even ONCE, let alone as often as most people on these boards do is a blessing we should all be counting instead of complaining.

The problem with that line of thinking is that just a couple years ago, that is how ppl. thought and planned and it burned them. 2 years ago, Disney had 7pm closings that ended up not being MNSSHP's and they extended the closing times, so as with many other instances, ppl. have learned that their calendar is NOT reliable.
That's exactly why I said it wasn't a fool proof way........

We went to two parties the same week last year. My daughter got engaged at the 2nd. :) It was awesome going at a more relaxed pace since we had two parties. I wished they went longer each night.... than 12:00. I would prefer to 1:00 a.m. :)

Friendly neighborhood witch here! :wizard: I love Halloween. (I wish those jack-o'-lantern Mickey wreaths could stay up all year!)

Kind of excited that there won't be a party on Oct. 30th 'cause that's when we're going... but worried about the crowds now given the "sandwich" effect mentioned earlier.

Patently ridiculous to start the "Halloween" parties in August. It's a symptom of a bigger problem: Disney's grim determination to squeeze ever more money out of the parks, their current favorite cash cow. More parties mean more people thrown out of the MK early, but also means more $$$ for Disney. As if they needed it.

What next? Halloween all summer?

I do understand both sides of this argument, but at the end of the day, the only thing that makes a difference for you is to not go during this time of year. It's a personal decision if it really bothers you that much. Honestly, this is a first world problem and getting to go to Disney at all even ONCE, let alone as often as most people on these boards do is a blessing we should all be counting instead of complaining.

I don't think anyone was implying that this was anything more than a first world problem. We're on a Disney forum, not a forum discussing world-wide serious problems/issues. I also don't agree that we should all just "count our blessings" and not have an opinion as to what a business is or is not doing. In my opinion that's pretty ignorant and like saying "well hey I can breathe today so no need in voicing an opinion on anything I may not agree with"...give me a break.

It's not just the fireworks that are impacted by the early closings. MK has a completely different vibe after dark, and if you aren't willing to pay the premium for the party you don't get to experience it. All they seem to care about with these parties are making more $$$.

Patently ridiculous to start the "Halloween" parties in August. It's a symptom of a bigger problem: Disney's grim determination to squeeze ever more money out of the parks, their current favorite cash cow. More parties mean more people thrown out of the MK early, but also means more $$$ for Disney. As if they needed it.

What next? Halloween all summer?
Because it is SO horrible that a publicly traded company is trying to maximize profits...

Seriously, as one can see from this thread alone, there are people who are super excited about the parties. It's not like Disney sits there and goes "Muwahaha... we should put parties in August even though no one has said they would want them!" Trust me... they don't do this for the heck of it.

And yes, they do need the money. That's sort of the point of a business.

I don't think anyone was implying that this was anything more than a first world problem. We're on a Disney forum, not a forum discussing world-wide serious problems/issues. I also don't agree that we should all just "count our blessings" and not have an opinion as to what a business is or is not doing. In my opinion that's pretty ignorant and like saying "well hey I can breathe today so no need in voicing an opinion on anything I may not agree with"...give me a break.
It appears you took me too seriosuly, which is why I said what I said to begin with, because the tone of those who have opinions on this on the negative side are just over the top and are beginning to sound entitled to me. Again, why I said what I said. To each their own.

When I told DH that I might be attending the Halloween party at Disney (before the dates are released), and he responded, " I thought you were going in August. Isn't Halloween in October?!" I agree that it is ridiculous, but when you can only visit WDW in the summer and you have read about these fun parties on Disboards, you just can't resist to go to not just one but two of them on your trip! This can be the only time that MNSSHP is in August. A coin always has two sides! I am super excited to be able to go!

This is us. Without quitting my job, I can't visit in September or October. I can visit in August, and am, and have dreamed of attending MNSSHP since I heard about them. I never dreamed I could, but this year, Disney have made my dream come true and I am so excited. I'm sorry that other people are upset, but when you spend all that money to fly across the Atlantic, getting a bonus surprise party (we booked in April 2016) is the best thing we could have hoped for.

It appears you took me too seriosuly, which is why I said what I said to begin with, because the tone of those who have opinions on this on the negative side are just over the top and are beginning to sound entitled to me. Again, why I said what I said. To each their own.

I suppose any opinion could seem over the top to another person...they're still entitled to their opinion though, just as you are. Just as you feel that some of Disney's customers are acting entitled, I'm sure many others feel that Disney is acting pretty entitled as well, which honestly seems to be working pretty well for them as a business.

So weird to have Halloween stuff up that early. I'm not a big Halloween person as it is.

I've always wanted to do Jersey week for Food and Wine but after seeing last years schedule of 4 MVMCP in that week we decided not to.

We usually go end of August. I hope they don't start cramming parties in that week. 1-2 isn't so bad but 4 is just too much for us in a week long trip. We like to end our nights in MK.

This is us. Without quitting my job, I can't visit in September or October. I can visit in August, and am, and have dreamed of attending MNSSHP since I heard about them. I never dreamed I could, but this year, Disney have made my dream come true and I am so excited. I'm sorry that other people are upset, but when you spend all that money to fly across the Atlantic, getting a bonus surprise party (we booked in April 2016) is the best thing we could have hoped for.
I have seen several people say the same thing, and I think this is a good example of why I feel the way I personally feel about the extra dates: Sept-October is not a timeframe where you will find people at Disney because that is the only time they can go because of school or work conflicts. Hence, Disney adding parties and events to entice us to go during that time. If the party conflicts bother you that much, the vast majority of people can go another time of year. Now if it were June or July, different story when so many people are in that boat.

Anyway, I'm happy that you will get to experience it, it's amazing! :)

I suppose any opinion could seem over the top to another person...they're still entitled to their opinion though, just as you are. Just as you feel that some of Disney's customers are acting entitled, I'm sure many others feel that Disney is acting pretty entitled as well, which honestly seems to be working pretty well for them as a business.
Correct. Entitled to opinions, yes. Entitled to tell disney what to do? No. And I think that's the point people are missing: Disney is entitled to do whatever it wants, as are we as consumers of their products and services. We go to more parties so they give us more. If people stop going during this trip this time of year, they'll change it I'm sure.

I wonder if people would be ok with parties every night of the year. Because Disney would do it if they could! :)

I wonder if people would be ok with parties every night of the year. Because Disney would do it if they could! :)
Probably. I might offer a suggestion that on all party nights they open the park at 7-8 am. I think that would help ease congestion and tame tempers :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter