MNSSHP replaced by After Hours Event "Boo Bash"

But I have another general question. If this event has no fireworks, then why do we have any hope that fireworks will somehow return by July 4th to WDW at large? I’ve heard those rumors, but given how this October event will not have fireworks. I now don’t see how they ever get re-introduced before then, despite Disney’s job posting for a fireworks designer recently. I hope I’m wrong about this though, please someone correct me if I am lol.

I think they will. Rumors are that Fireworks will be coming back in early Summer, but of course those are just rumors. The reason they allow those with event tickets in at 7 is that it adds value in that they can see fireworks before the event proper begins. That's how DAH and VAH worked.

So wait... they just announced pricing. If you're a family of 4 - it's going to cost you something in the neighborhood of $700 for a single night in October? Are you good with that?

Just trying to figure out whether I want to buy more Disney stock - or if Disney management has lost their collective minds in charging what they're charging.

Depends on how you look at it. From a business standpoint, it's genius - take advantage of people who have pent up desire and jack up the prices. From a moral standpoint... well... what multi-billion dollar corporation is really concerned with morals ;)

They are charging what the market will bear. They will have no problem selling tickets. I'm sure we'll be seeing certain nights sold-out for this in short order.

Just incredible. Is it they have money to burn? Fear of missing out? Primal desire to make a family memory?

Just wondering what Disney's tapped into here (and consequently what the future of Disney looks like). What if the tickets were say $249 a person? A thousand bucks for a family of four? Would they still pay?

I think they will. Rumors are that Fireworks will be coming back in early Summer, but of course those are just rumors. The reason they allow those with event tickets in at 7 is that it adds value in that they can see fireworks before the event proper begins. That's how DAH and VAH worked.

It makes sense that they would, especially given the recent reduction in physical distance requirements across the park and the subsequent increase in capacity limits. I hope the rumors are true though. We have a trip end of July, and fireworks are probably my favorite part of any Disney trip.

We love MNSSHP but won't be attending the Boo Bash. Just wondering if it would be better to keep our Tuesday MK day in October when there is a party scheduled, or if we should swap it with our currently scheduled AK day on Thursday of that week? Any thoughts? Thanks!
Same. I have a Tuesday MK park reservation currently, as well as a Friday. I’ll be keeping the Friday since it’s our last full day, but I’m not sure about the Tuesday. I’m going to keep an eye on crowd levels in August and September to gauge it, hoping it’s not too late to switch if I need to.

We are going to have to make a group decision on this; IF we go. we will have to cancel other parts of our trip.

Just incredible. Is it they have money to burn? Fear of missing out? Primal desire to make a family memory?

Just wondering what Disney's tapped into here (and consequently what the future of Disney looks like). What if the tickets were say $249 a person? A thousand bucks for a family of four? Would they still pay?

Those who have means, or those who are driven solely by emotion, yes, absolutely they would.

It's hard to say, really, but the fact is prices have been going up and so has attendance (outside of the pandemic). It's been happening for a while. Supply and demand economics are at work. I'm not necessarily saying it's a good thing, but it is what it is. I seriously doubt Disney will have trouble selling tickets to this thing.

It’s FOMO. When they announced Boo Bash, i entertained the idea of doing it, despite the fact that I really wasn’t intending on doing MNNSHP this year. But I knew what my threshold would be and that price is too high. But lots of people will pay it and Disney will continue to nickel and dime us.

I mean, clearly I have to save my money for the eventual paid Fast Passes that are no doubt coming down the pike. (Sort of just kidding.)

We love MNSSHP but won't be attending the Boo Bash. Just wondering if it would be better to keep our Tuesday MK day in October when there is a party scheduled, or if we should swap it with our currently scheduled AK day on Thursday of that week? Any thoughts? Thanks!
You might want to switch it, especially if you plan on staying at MK until park closing. Crowds will start increasing at 7pm and may impact wait times for rides, dining, merchandise, etc.

You might want to switch it, especially if you plan on staying at MK until park closing. Crowds will start increasing at 7pm and may impact wait times for rides, dining, merchandise, etc.
That's what I was thinking, too. We've always gone to MK on Tuesday MNSSHP day and just stayed for the party. (We have APs, so we did not have additional regular ticket costs for the shorter day at MK, and we liked the convenience of already being in MK for the party.) Since we won't be doing Boo Bash, I will probably swap MK and AK days to avoid the Boo Bash party-goers overlap. Thanks!

I was hoping they'd do the special rides for at least space since it's easier with the lights off and different music. The extras at pirates didn't really do anything for me.

Would also help if they'd let us know about fp or at least if hopping will go back to normal. Will prob go on the tues of my Sept trip. Solo so easier to handle the cost.

Same. I have a Tuesday MK park reservation currently, as well as a Friday. I’ll be keeping the Friday since it’s our last full day, but I’m not sure about the Tuesday. I’m going to keep an eye on crowd levels in August and September to gauge it, hoping it’s not too late to switch if I need to.
Same plans here! We will probably end up swapping MK and AK days. Good luck!!

I can tell you why we are planning to do it. We have never done MNSSHP before, and we don't know if future trips will fall between August-October, so this is the time to experience it!

I can tell you why we are planning to do it. We have never done MNSSHP before, and we don't know if future trips will fall between August-October, so this is the time to experience it!

Keep in mind though that this willnot be the full experience of MNSSHP. It should still be pretty awesome, but if you ever can, try to do the real MNSSHP too (assuming it ever returns).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter