MNSSHP replaced by After Hours Event "Boo Bash"

Thats the problem.... people liking paying more and getting less. This is a feeler to see how little they need to offer in the future.

There's a difference between people willing to pay the same or more for less and liking it. Everyone going to the parks now is willingly paying the same for more but I doubt you'll find many that like doing it.

I would be willing to attend this if crowd levels and wait times are low, like 10 minutes or less for everything. Otherwise it doesn't appeal to me at all. Hoping they're able to do MNSSHP in 2022.

They are positioning this as an after hours event so if *should* be that - basically wall ons for everything and little to no wait for the candy trails or the character distant meets, etc. And if so, I think this is fine

If it turns out to be normal party capacity with less offereings for the se price, that will be a bummer (in my opinion - I know others are just wanting anything resembling a holiday party which obviously is fine)

the villains afterhours events they had were actually more than the parties like 155.00 for three hours. not worth it and if people go then disney will take it as a plus and this is what we will get instead of parades and meet and greets and specialty charachters.
I found the After Hours to be a good value. (The regular MK After Hours. I did not attend a Villains version).

I think the goal of these parties is to bring in bigger crowds than After Hours, but won't it have the draw of the parties of the past because of the lack of shows and fireworks.

I can throw out a speculative number of around $79 in August and creeping up toward the holiday.

Because this isn't much different than a regular day at MK, only much, much shorter, it will have to be priced for locals to come and see some value in it.

Disney is always excellent at pricing, keeping it just on the inside edge of too much. We shall see.

I think the goal of these parties is to bring in bigger crowds than After Hours, but won't it have the draw of the parties of the past because of the lack of shows and fireworks.

I can throw out a speculative number of around $79 in August and creeping up toward the holiday.

Because this isn't much different than a regular day at MK, only much, much shorter, it will have to be priced for locals to come and see some value in it.

Disney is always excellent at pricing, keeping it just on the inside edge of too much. We shall see.
I would gladly pay $79. In 2020, I'd booked a Villains After Hours and I believe the tickets were in the $150 range. It was over Spring Break week, and the event went until very late/early - 2 AM. I thought my teen kids could get all of the MK rides done during the After Hours and not have to spend the day at the MK with massive Spring Break crowds. I also just thought it looked fun. Still, the price seemed high. I'd previously done the regular MK After Hours, which I remembered as being about $100. My Spring Break 2020 trip was canceled when the parks closed, so I didn't experience the Villains After Hours and wasn't able to judge whether or not I found it a fair value for me.

I would gladly pay $79. In 2020, I'd booked a Villains After Hours and I believe the tickets were in the $150 range. It was over Spring Break week, and the event went until very late/early - 2 AM. I thought my teen kids could get all of the MK rides done during the After Hours and not have to spend the day at the MK with massive Spring Break crowds. I also just thought it looked fun. Still, the price seemed high. I'd previously done the regular MK After Hours, which I remembered as being about $100. My Spring Break 2020 trip was canceled when the parks closed, so I didn't experience the Villains After Hours and wasn't able to judge whether or not I found it a fair value for me.
The Villians After Hours price is driven by its scarcity. It's rare, so they charge a huge premium.
There could be 40+ of these Boo events, so it's unlikely they can charge that much if they want to sell them out.
The Boo event also seems lacking if you are used to the traditional parties, so charging a bit less seems like the strategy to fill it up. They will need Florida residents to do it and not just regular park guests.
Of course, if Disney thinks people can't wait to pay $150 for it, they will, but it seems unlikely to me.

I’m so excited this for this!! It’s gonna be a DAH event with a Halloween layover!! The fact that people are comparing it to a party doesnt make sense since it obviously is not a party.. it says DISNEY AFTER HOURS in the name of the event... I will def be there!!
THANK you for being positive! I feel the same way. We'll get back to MNSSHP, but something is better than nothing!

There is talk on another site from "insiders" that fireworks are returning this summer. 🤞
Would work with the timing announced for DAHBB.

MNSSHP has been so over crowded the last 2 years. We are big fans of DAH, so we are excited to try this.
I just hope we see the gravediggers in one of the cavalcades. BTY parade is a fav, that we will miss.

The Boo event also seems lacking if you are used to the traditional parties, so charging a bit less seems like the strategy to fill it up. They will need Florida residents to do it and not just regular park guests.

But this is not a party. It is an enhanced After Hours Event. And after an initial slow start, those became very popular. They did well, with lots of people planning trips specifically to attend them. And by 2018, 2019, Disney had no problem filling them up. I don’t think they’ll have a problem filling these either. Lots of people have been hoping they’ll come back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter