MNSSHP replaced by After Hours Event "Boo Bash"

this stinks period. before you could get 8 hours with early admission and you had dance parties and fireworks as well as parades and a great castle show besides the rides and candy. now you have what? candy ? oh and you had the ghosts at haunted mansion as well. and now they want to offer what? at the same price. People please don't go so they can see how bad they are treating their guests. Chapek and Josh must be smoking something to think this is ok and why are they planning this in may when everything should be back to normal by september as long as the vaccines keep going into peoples arms. I am afraid that this is becoming the new normal and there won't be character meet and greets or parades or fireworks or shows unless we start complaining loudly
Hear hear! People you are fools if you think that Disney isn't watching to see how many people are willing to pay more for less. They'll dumb it down and leave it that way for a while as long as you're happy to pay. Then they'll start charging more when they start adding back the parades and fireworks like you're getting something extraordinary....and you'll gladly pay. It's pointless to tell anyone to be smart because, we are essentially in control. Not EVER going to happen. Disney will NEVER hit a wall with what they can get away with charging. Never.

Hear hear! People you are fools if you think that Disney isn't watching to see how many people are willing to pay more for less. They'll dumb it down and leave it that way for a while as long as you're happy to pay. Then they'll start charging more when they start adding back the parades and fireworks like you're getting something extraordinary....and you'll gladly pay. It's pointless to tell anyone to be smart because, we are essentially in control. Not EVER going to happen. Disney will NEVER hit a wall with what they can get away with charging. Never.
You're not the sole arbiter of what is "smart" for people to spend their money on. It's likely that some people will like this version of a Halloween party more than MNSSHP. That's ok. You can hate it if you want but people are free to see their money how they see fit, not how you think they should. This seems much more like an after hours event with some Halloween flair which could work for people as long as attendance is somewhat limited. I think we should just wait and see what it ends up being instead of jumping to conclusions.

Well, they are also dumb if they think what people will pay for now (in the waning days of the pandemic, stimulus money in hand with not much available to do) is the same as what they will do next year.

You're not the sole arbiter of what is "smart" for people to spend their money on. It's likely that some people will like this version of a Halloween party more than MNSSHP. That's ok. You can hate it if you want but people are free to see their money how they see fit, not how you think they should. This seems much more like an after hours event with some Halloween flair which could work for people as long as attendance is somewhat limited. I think we should just wait and see what it ends up being instead of jumping to conclusions.
Yes, yes I am. :rolleyes: Some of us have been doing this dance with Disney long enough that we can pretty much go right ahead and jump to the conclusion that it will cost more than it should thank you. What you might have missed is that some of us are saying they will charge as much if not more than the parties where you get longer hours as well as fireworks etc...aka: more money for less offerings.

Well, they are also dumb if they think what people will pay for now (in the waning days of the pandemic, stimulus money in hand with not much available to do) is the same as what they will do next year.
True but how often do we see them lower their prices once they've jacked them up? There are people out there that will still pay. I don't know how, but they do it.

Yes, yes I am. :rolleyes: Some of us have been doing this dance with Disney long enough that we can pretty much go right ahead and jump to the conclusion that it will cost more than it should thank you. What you might have missed is that some of us are saying they will charge as much if not more than the parties where you get longer hours as well as fireworks etc...aka: more money for less offerings.
You don't know there won't be fireworks at this party. They didn't say either way. I expect that if fireworks come back before these parties start, then the party will have fireworks as well. Do you feel as passionately about ticket prices now since people are still paying full price even though there aren't fireworks or parades? They're all a bunch of suckers!

I didn't miss anything. This party will be different than MNSSHP. It may be better, it may be worse. Time will tell. I know change is scary sometimes, but we'll just have to wait and see.

This is a DAH event. What are the differences between this one and previous ones? What would you not get that was previously included in DAH events?

It’s not a party so I’m not comparing it to MNSSHP.

Exactly ... If you are comparing this to MNSSHP it looks like "getting less" ... But so far at least this is positioned as a Halloween themed After Hours event. Compared to past after hours events you are getting more - cavalcades, rare characters, special merch, etc.

Big thing I see missing compared to past After Hours events is free mickey bars and popcorn. - but that might still happen (it hasn't said either way yet)

The big draw for the after hours events was the extremely low crowds. If this is being billed as one of those it should also have extremely low crowds. Now, if they don't follow through with that and in reality they are like normal park crowd levels, then I can see (and I would) being upset - but no reason to preemptively get angry

Exactly ... If you are comparing this to MNSSHP it looks like "getting less" ... But so far at least this is positioned as a Halloween themed After Hours event. Compared to past after hours events you are getting more - cavalcades, rare characters, special merch, etc.

Big thing I see missing compared to past After Hours events is free mickey bars and popcorn. - but that might still happen (it hasn't said either way yet)

The big draw for the after hours events was the extremely low crowds. If this is being billed as one of those it should also have extremely low crowds. Now, if they don't follow through with that and in reality they are like normal park crowd levels, then I can see (and I would) being upset - but no reason to preemptively get angry
The only way to limit the crowds is price the ticket high enough that most won't pay for it. Make it $150 a ticket.

You don't know there won't be fireworks at this party. They didn't say either way. I expect that if fireworks come back before these parties start, then the party will have fireworks as well. Do you feel as passionately about ticket prices now since people are still paying full price even though there aren't fireworks or parades? They're all a bunch of suckers!

I didn't miss anything. This party will be different than MNSSHP. It may be better, it may be worse. Time will tell. I know change is scary sometimes, but we'll just have to wait and see.

I think the fact that they don't list fireworks and stage shows is pretty telling - they're obviously not planning on having them, otherwise, they would have said so, because it would have been a bigger draw for them. While a part of me could see them offering them if things change and they are able to, the bigger part of me really doesn't think they will. If they are able to sell enough tickets to people who aren't expecting fireworks and stage shows, then why on earth would they spend the money to provide them?

This is a DAH event. What are the differences between this one and previous ones? What would you not get that was previously included in DAH events?

It’s not a party so I’m not comparing it to MNSSHP.

Very good point.

The press release I saw on the Disney site they are specifically advertising "very low wait times".

Last edited:
The only way to limit the crowds is price the ticket high enough that most won't pay for it. Make it $150 a ticket.

Yeah, which is about where After Hours ticket prices were (though they had pretty good passholder, DVC, etc discounts available

Assuming this stays marketed as an After Hours event I expect the price to be in that neighborhood. Maybe ranging from like $129-$169 depending on how close to Halloween and weekend vs weekday, etc

Yeah, which is about where After Hours ticket prices were (though they had pretty good passholder, DVC, etc discounts available

Assuming this stays marketed as an After Hours event I expect the price to be in that neighborhood. Maybe ranging from like $129-$169 depending on how close to Halloween and weekend vs weekday, etc
That's insane. Your basically paying for a FP so you can have short wait times

That's insane. Your basically paying for a FP so you can have short wait times

Yeah, exactly. Some people are happy to pay more to get on rides with no wait

Our last trip we did the Extra Magic Morning at Fantasyland and go on multiple rides of Mine Train with <5min wait, Peter Pan, etc .... It was great as then for the rest of the day we didn't have to worry about those and got basically everything else we wanted done.

Cost us more money but saved so much time (and we opted to do that instead of adding park hoppers to our tickets so sort of worked out cost wise that way).

If you don't go very often/are doing a shorter trip being efficient with your time has value.

Our next trip we only have 3 park days so if we could add this and knock out a bunch of e-tickets it will really free up our MK day for doing other stuff

So, personally I don't see it as "insane" if it improves our overall experience

I did 2 DAH event on my list trip. I did AK and MK. I wouldn't do it again at AK as there just weren't enough rides and I can't do them over and over again without getting a bit nauseous, but MK is a different story. I was able to get so much done in a very short period of time. I would do another MK DAH!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter