MNSSHP replaced by After Hours Event "Boo Bash"

Yeah, exactly. Some people are happy to pay more to get on rides with no wait

Our last trip we did the Extra Magic Morning at Fantasyland and go on multiple rides of Mine Train with <5min wait, Peter Pan, etc .... It was great as then for the rest of the day we didn't have to worry about those and got basically everything else we wanted done.

Cost us more money but saved so much time (and we opted to do that instead of adding park hoppers to our tickets so sort of worked out cost wise that way).

If you don't go very often/are doing a shorter trip being efficient with your time has value.

Our next trip we only have 3 park days so if we could add this and knock out a bunch of e-tickets it will really free up our MK day for doing other stuff

So, personally I don't see it as "insane" if it improves our overall experience

To be perfectly honest, we would consider it, because a) my son LOVES the villains, so the chance to see them in a cavalcade or even just roaming about, would be awesome for him and b ) yes, it would be amazing for them to be able to go on their favorite rides multiple times. But, it would definitely depend on the price. I wouldn't spend any more than $125 for sure, and that might even be pushing it depending on the exchange for us.

Yeah, which is about where After Hours ticket prices were (though they had pretty good passholder, DVC, etc discounts available

Assuming this stays marketed as an After Hours event I expect the price to be in that neighborhood. Maybe ranging from like $129-$169 depending on how close to Halloween and weekend vs weekday, etc

How much was the passholder discount?

I think the fact that they don't list fireworks and stage shows is pretty telling - they're obviously not planning on having them, otherwise, they would have said so, because it would have been a bigger draw for them. While a part of me could see them offering them if things change and they are able to, the bigger part of me really doesn't think they will. If they are able to sell enough tickets to people who aren't expecting fireworks and stage shows, then why on earth would they spend the money to provide them?
I think they're not being listed is because they haven't announced when they are coming back. We're still in a pandemic and it is possible that things will get worse instead of better. I think as long as shows and fireworks are back by this event, they'll be part of the event.

You're not the sole arbiter of what is "smart" for people to spend their money on. It's likely that some people will like this version of a Halloween party more than MNSSHP. That's ok. You can hate it if you want but people are free to see their money how they see fit, not how you think they should. This seems much more like an after hours event with some Halloween flair which could work for people as long as attendance is somewhat limited. I think we should just wait and see what it ends up being instead of jumping to conclusions.

The fact that you have to say "as long as" negates your entire point.

The fact that you have to say "as long as" negates your entire point.
It doesn't negate anything. They haven't announced capacity like they haven't said whether fireworks or stage shows or a parade will be part of this event. We don't know the details yet. I can see that the negative contingent on this board just loves to complain but you'd probably be less miserable if you waited for some details before going off the deep end.

The answer to that question is yes and the fact people are going is why you will get significantly less bang for your buck in the future.
There's plenty of bang for your buck right now. It's a different experience, but it has to be. It'll get better as the pandemic situation gets better. If you feel this way, you should just go somewhere else for your vacations. It seems like you might be a lot happier there.

There's plenty of bang for your buck right now. It's a different experience, but it has to be. It'll get better as the pandemic situation gets better. If you feel this way, you should just go somewhere else for your vacations. It seems like you might be a lot happier there.

That's pretty rude. Just because someone thinks it's crazy to go right now, doesn't really mean they deserve ^^^.

We love Disney, and are hoping to get back. But in no way would I pay the money to go the way things are. It's not just a different experience, it's an entirely diminished experience - between no FP+, no EMH, no ME, less regular park hours, less offerings etc... People may still find it enjoyable, but that doesn't change the black and white FACT you are getting less for your money.

I agree with New Mouse (and others who have said it), that it sets a dangerous precedent because while they have been slowly reducing the included perks and experiences all whilst charging the same/raising prices for a few years now... this time, it was a drastic cut and yet... people still came running. *Now*... to me, the catch with all this is... was that willingness to pay the same price for far less because Disney truly does have that magical power over people's wallets and that obsessive fan base... or was it Covid induced? Were people only willing to spend it because they were so desperate to do something and to have some sense of normalcy? Will that same willingness to pay more for less continue past Covid recovery?

There's no precedent setting. This is a business.

Interesting. So businesses can't set precedents? Either for themselves or within the industry? I know many, many business gurus who would disagree, lol.

Also, for the record, not once did I, or anyone else you're accusing of being negative, say that Disney doesn't know what they're doing. Quite the opposite. Disney is very, VERY aware of what they're doing, and they're excelling at it.

Last edited:
I think change is difficult and who knows, if the After Hours Party is more profitable for Disney than MNSSHP, it *could* replace it. Disney is first a business and they have an obligation to their share holders to make money. If people don't like the decisions being make and speak up with their wallets, then Disney will listen. Also, we really won't know what will be included in the event until they release more details. I believe it was published that more information would come in June. Different people have different likes and priorities, we all have the choice as to what we choose to do with our time and money and where to spend it. I've been lucky to have visited Disney twice in the past 9 months and both trips were great. I do not care about parades or fireworks, I loved the lower wait times and not having to always plan and chase after my FP reservations. However, I recognize not everyone feels the same. I would pay for the After Hours Party as I currently understand it to be, however some of my family members disagree. So, some of us may go and others won't. Choice. It's been a long a difficult year for many and Disney is our respite. As I said, change is difficult(for me, too) so I do understand the passion around the many responses.

That's pretty rude. Just because someone thinks it's crazy to go right now, doesn't really mean they deserve ^^^.

Nah, Eric is right on.

There are a couple posters who notoriously come in here and bash Disney because it’s fun for them to rile people up. Negative about absolutely everything. Very predictable posts.

These posters have said before how the offerings at places like Six Flags and other places are better than Disney. Can’t imagine them enjoying place that they constantly criticize and seem to hate. They also feel it’s right to judge what’s worth it for other people to spend their own money on.

For me, spending $1 at Six Flags is too much. I wouldn’t even go if someone gave me free tickets. Awful experience last time. But hey, if someone enjoys that kind of thing they can spend as much money on it that as they see fit.

I think they're not being listed is because they haven't announced when they are coming back. We're still in a pandemic and it is possible that things will get worse instead of better. I think as long as shows and fireworks are back by this event, they'll be part of the event.

Did DAH events get their own fireworks or M&Gs? IIRC, they just offered free snacks. It's definitely being marketed as an AH and not a MNSSHP. I see no reason they would add them in if ticket sells are strong without them.

We'll be at WDW for the first time in 5 years (we were supposed to go last year), and we plan to go to the event just because it gets us late-night hours at a park (which isn't typical by late August). We average one trip every 3 years, so I maximize what I can. FW, M&G, etc., not expecting any, not complaining, but ...who knows.

BTW, how many concurrent MNSSHP/Boo Bash threads are there right now?

Last edited:
Feels ridiculous to have a debate about what this will and won't have when there are so many issues that need to be resolved (most notably: COVID restrictions and the 50th Anniversary Celebration happening concurrently with this event in October) and tickets aren't on sale, so we don't have a full picture of price or features.

BTW, how many concurrent MNSSHP/Boo Bash threads are there right now?
Just two, as far as I know, which is fine. One was asking if MNSSHP was coming back, this is about the replacement. I guess it would make sense to lock the other one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter