MNSSHP-Tips, Tricks, Secrets newbies should know (from the 2009 party!)

I'm all for a lull in between times. We've already decided I'm just changing into my costume in the bathroom instead of going back to the hotel. Now if only I could settle on what that costume actually will be...

i think the parks will be mighty empty from 5pm til 7pm when most of the people who are being told this will stay away until 7pm.

I, on the other hand will arrive about 4:30

I guess we would find out for sure when the first parties happen, right? I'm leaning more and more towards doing this--thanks for the responses, everyone! Now I just have to convince my sister that it's worth a trip to Florida...

Not sure where to post this question. We will be at MNNSHP on 10/3, and are going to have an extra ticket, because one person in our group has had to cancel their reservation. I called and spoke with a CM about it, who told me I could upgrade the ticket to something else at Guest Services.

Has anyone ever done this? If so, what are your options to upgrade to? She mentioned a 1-day park ticket, but we are going to limited on time while we are there, so I'm not sure that is our best option. Are there other options for upgrading?

Thanks!

Not sure where to post this question. We will be at MNNSHP on 10/3, and are going to have an extra ticket, because one person in our group has had to cancel their reservation. I called and spoke with a CM about it, who told me I could upgrade the ticket to something else at Guest Services.

Has anyone ever done this? If so, what are your options to upgrade to? She mentioned a 1-day park ticket, but we are going to limited on time while we are there, so I'm not sure that is our best option. Are there other options for upgrading?

Thanks!

Technically, these tickets are non-refundable and non-transferrable and that is why I always tell people to wait to buy them. There is no rush to buy them except for Halloween night but even that night doesn't sell out till Aug/Sept.

I have never heard of being able to upgrade due to not being able to go. Only IF the party is canceled or mostly rained out have they offered to upgrade your ticket to that party to something else...and that was only to another party or to a 1 day MK ticket.

However, some do have luck with a nice CM who is willing to help but your best bet is to call the ticket number that is mentioned in the letter that comes with the tickets.

Otherwise, you may have to sell it on ebay.

Good luck.

Technically, these tickets are non-refundable and non-transferrable and that is why I always tell people to wait to buy them. There is no rush to buy them except for Halloween night but even that night doesn't sell out till Aug/Sept.

I have never heard of being able to upgrade due to not being able to go. Only IF the party is canceled or mostly rained out have they offered to upgrade your ticket to that party to something else...and that was only to another party or to a 1 day MK ticket.

However, some do have luck with a nice CM who is willing to help but your best bet is to call the ticket number that is mentioned in the letter that comes with the tickets.

Otherwise, you may have to sell it on ebay.

Good luck.

That was the number I called, and the CM there told me that it could be upgraded to something else. I was just wondering if anyone else had ever had this problem before and what they did about it. Haven't ruled out eBay yet - which is why I wanted to check here first to see if anyone else has ever been in the same situation.

That was the number I called, and the CM there told me that it could be upgraded to something else. I was just wondering if anyone else had ever had this problem before and what they did about it. Haven't ruled out eBay yet - which is why I wanted to check here first to see if anyone else has ever been in the same situation.

Ok. good luck

Last year we had already purchased our Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party tickets and had to cancel our trip. We had a wonderful CM who refunded our money, so call back again and see if you get a different response. Good luck!

Here are a few of my tips:

Defiently see the second showing of the parade, Its less crowded and more personal, I suggest to watch it on main street since more people are up in fronterland/Liberty Square route, I had some intresting character interactions during the second showing.

You don't have to squeeze everything into one night, I never got to do the Wonderland candy trails or vist toontown, It justs gives you another reason to go back again.

Do a candy test to see what they are giving out that night, the night we went their was allergy complaints and they handed out nonchocolate candies, but other people talk about finding chocolate on other nights, so test.

Take in other peoples costumes, you maybe amazed by other famlies cleaver costumes (for example I saw a mother and son dressed as phineas and ferb and a man dressed as Voldemort)

Do the villians show and meet some of them afterwards, if you can squeeze it in, dance at club 626.

And a very smart note, squeeze in a crowded attraction before the party starts, we finally rode Peter Pans Flight during the party after years of avoiding the extreamly long line.

I have gone throught the info from this year, but I have a question about costumes and suitcases.

We are coming from Canada, with limited space in the suitcase. If anyone has any suggestions about easy costumes, we would love the input. Thanks!

I have gone throught the info from this year, but I have a question about costumes and suitcases.

We are coming from Canada, with limited space in the suitcase. If anyone has any suggestions about easy costumes, we would love the input. Thanks!

We are coming from Canada as well. My son was the easiest, costume wise! He loves Ben 10. And he likes wearing pants in the summer (yeah, strange kid :rotfl:). So this is his costume. Army green cargo pants, white shirt with the black stripes, a Ben 10 iron-on patch on the sleeve, and a Ben 10 watch on his wrist.

ben10.jpg

A lot of the pre-bought costumes don't take up much room. You can even keep them in the little bags they're sold in. I'm changing at the park rather than going back to the hotel, so after flip flopping on costume ideas I finally decided (I think) to go as a pirate. The costume isn't elaborate so it won't take up much room in DH's backpack, and if I want any accessories (like a sword) I can get one at the park without too much fuss. And since I really do not need a kid's pirate sword any other time, I'm thinking I'll probably give it to someone else before I head home.

We are coming from Canada as well. My son was the easiest, costume wise! He loves Ben 10. And he likes wearing pants in the summer (yeah, strange kid :rotfl:). So this is his costume. Army green cargo pants, white shirt with the black stripes, a Ben 10 iron-on patch on the sleeve, and a Ben 10 watch on his wrist.

ben10.jpg

THAT is a really good idea! My son could wear the shirt again and the pants could be his 'cold' outfit just in case - less things to pack. I LOVE that idea!!

THAT is a really good idea! My son could wear the shirt again and the pants could be his 'cold' outfit just in case - less things to pack. I LOVE that idea!!

Thanks. My son just loves this and wears it a lot! It was very inexpensive. He already had the watch. Needed a new pair of pants anyways. And I was lucky enough to find a white t-shirt with the black trim already around the neck and sleeves like the photo for $5! The fabric store sewed another black strip down the middle for me and added the iron-on patch (e-bay) for $5. I do not have a sewing machine.

Though I'm starting to think I should "hide it" in a few weeks so he doesn't wear it out before our September trip! ;) Plus he can wear it at school for his halloween party this year as well.

Another great costume idea I came across here on DIS is dressing up as a Dalmation! Just cover a pair of white shorts/pants/capris and a t-shirt with black spots. Add a tail, ears and a collar with a name tag! My daughter may end up doing this instead of her original idea. Could always wear the shorts & shirt once just as is - if you'll be doing a load of laundry while in Disney. Then add the black-spots to wear for MNSSHP.

Last year we stood in line from 6:00-7:00 to get our picture with Snow White and the seven dwarfs. Although it's an awesome pic it felt like a waste of time.

Do they allow a time for people to get pics of Snow White and all the dwarfs without having to stand in line and be in the pic yourself?

Here are a few of my tips:

Defiently see the second showing of the parade, Its less crowded and more personal, I suggest to watch it on main street since more people are up in fronterland/Liberty Square route, I had some intresting character interactions during the second showing.

This is our plan. Do you know if the second parade goes in reverse to the first one? Eg. starts at Main Street.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter