MNSSHP vs MVMCP

markºoº

DIS Veteran<br><font color=green>Admits to wanting
We will be going to WDW at the end of October this year. We have been there twice in early December and did MVMCP both times. We avoided a Saturday and Main Street early during MVMCP and had no problems. Almost all rides we just about walk ons.

How does MNSSHP compare to MVMCP? Can the crowds get really bad? How are the lines for the rides?

Input from anyone who has done both would be great.

I've done both and found them to be comparable. Having said that I have heard from friends that the MNSSHP can be busier on Friday nights (we've always gone on a Sunday) and that the 31st is a crush.

C.

We've done both but did MNSSHP on Halloween night. It was pretty crowded but we did go on a couple rides without a problem. The Trick or Treat stations had some long lines but they went VERY fast and were quite deceiving.

THe trick is to go on what you really want early during the first or even during the second parade. Do you photo right away if you get to be in the park right at 7:00p. We were first in line for our photo at 7:00p right by LTT (where we ate).

Don't miss the Headless Horseman at the beginning of the parade!!!! We did the second parade just as we always do for MVMCP.

I'll bet more people can give you a better prespective on how the ride lines were; we were more focused on trick or treating since it was Halloween!

Did both tis year. Both are more crowded on the weekends.

If I remember correctly not as many rides are open for MNSSHP.

I've done both MNSSHP & MVMCP.

Personally, I was more impressed with the Halloween Party. The trick-or treating is so much fun and the Halloween parade w/ the headless horseman is my favorite of all time. The decorations on main street are delightfully spooky. I love the jack-o-lanterns.

Crowds seemed comparable at both parties. I'm sure it varies depending on the day of the week, weather, etc.

It seemed like there were more "seated stage-style shows" for the Christmas Party than at the Halloween Party, while at the Halloween Party I noticed more small stages set-up throughout the park with live entertainment.

Hooray for me, 100 posts!!!

How do the fireworks compare?

I have only been to MVMCP (but will be attending my first MNSSHP in October). The fireworks display at MVMCP was spectacular, with fireworks going off all around the park!

I believe they are the same and instead of Rudolph flying down from the Castle, it's a witch!

We have done both. The lines are very comparable. I hear that the lines on 10/31 are really long though.

Did both this year - had a good time at both.
Got to give the edge to MNSSHP - the trick or treat factor puts it over the top.

We did MNSSHP a few days priot to the 31 crowds weren't bad.

The basic party is the same, picture taking, street activities, parade, big show

Does anybody have a MNSSHP schedule posted on a website?

I cant wait, I will also be there on the 24th. I have never been to either party and i am quite excited about going.

poohangel

I attended the 10/31 MNSSHP party in 2001. Most of the rides were a walk on, with the exception of Fantasyland which stayed pretty crowded until after the second parade. Around 10:00 we rode BTMRR 5 times in a row with no wait.

We have done them both more than once. I agree with Zurg. Even though the MVMCP is special to us - we thing MNSSP is a little better, if you can imagine that.

The only thing that bothered us was the heat. It was quite warm when we went this year. Headless horseman is our all time favorite - do not miss that.

I just dug out my brochure so I could list what is open:

ADVENTURE LAND: Pirates, Jungle Cruise, Magic Carpets, Swiss Family. (plus shopping of course)

FRONTIERLAND: Splash, Big Thunder, Country Bear. (shopping ;) )

LIBERTY SQUARE: Riverboat, Haunted Mansion - always room for one more! :eek:

FANTASYLAND: Peter Pan, Small World, Cindy's Carrousel, Dumbo, Snow White, Pooh, Mad Tea Party.

TOMORROWLAND: Indy Speedway, Alien, Astro Orbitor, BUZZ (I always beat my family) Space Mountain:cool:

MICKEY'S TOONTOWN: Barnstormer, Minne Country House and Mickey Country House, Donald's Boat.

Of course Main Street is open along with the Bakery, Plaza Ice Cream, Casey's.

TREATS THEY GAVE OUT (BESIDES THE BAG THEY GIVE YOU AT THE GATE GOING IN): Sweet Tarts, Nestle Crunch, Butterfinger, Wonka Laffy Taffy and Nestle Crunch White - all small of course.

So it seems to me that the same rides and food areas are open for both, unless I am missing something.

Hope this helps.

suzywindy thanks so much for that MNSSHP information. I can't wait to go! Too bad I did not see the hall of presidents on your list of open attractions. I was hoping to enjoy that one while we were there.

Should be a great night!

I did MNSSHP in October 27, 2000, and I have done MVMCP twice (Dec. 2001 and Dec. 3, 2002). I found that the crowds were larger at MNSSHP than at either MVMCP. That might be due partly to the increase in WDW attendance overall during the Millennium Celebration and the overall decrease after September 11th. We really enjoyed both and would do either one again. IMO the decorations are a lot more extravagant at Christmas (since they decorate the parks for the entire season not just for the party), and I love the snow on Main Street. I prefer MVMCP, but that's just a personal opinion. :)

Thanks for all the first hand accounts. I really have a lot more information to go on now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter