Mom lives alone and doesn't answer her phone. Ideas?

Hugs Kim&Chris with loving prayers to you and all in a caregiver type situation. God Bless you all and thank you for your kind courage. I was blessed to be a caregiver for a few years to my beloved late grandma. I wouldn't trade those years for anything. Some days were absolutely heartbreaking and exhausting. My main suggestions are to please, please, take care of yourself! Do not try to be a parent's only in-person caregiver that is not healthy for either of you! If you are a member of a church congregation or have a local hospital, reach out if you haven't already and ask whether they offer any supportive services. I was part of a small-town caregiver support group which was truly a blessing indeed, lovely people. The other thing to very sadly keep in mind with any life alert device to be positive your loved one is able to use it! Grandma's dementia had progressed to the point where her life alert wasn't helpful when she fell two days in a row. Thank God she was fairly okay, and paramedics came. So very sad and scary of course, too. Wishing all of you peace and sweet dreams as well. :grouphug:🙏

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter