Mom's Panel rejects... sour grapes served here!

krismom

<font color=blue>New Rule:<br><marquee><font color
;) Seriously, I thought this year I nailed it! I really wonder whether or not it's more "contest" than job application. I really am happy for everyone who's moving on- just somewhat curious what you could have written to "wow" them?
Another concern of mine... I was considering if they cross reference our names and check our "stats" so to speak. I complained (once in 9 trips) a few years ago after our Poly stay about a Mousekeeping issue- and was compensated $50.00 disney dollars. Do you think that they see a "trouble maker" or someone who complained- and throw me out of the running right away?
Good luck and Pixie dust to those moving on- let us know how it goes!:lovestruc

There are dozens of reasons, but it won't be because you complained once after a trip. If anything, that would have worked a bit in your favor, since they don't want a whole panel of "yes-moms" -- they want people who will be honest and tell people the good and the bad.

There could have simply been a lot of people from your part of the country; they might have been trying to balance out the demographic regarding number of kids or age of kids; they may be trying to balance out areas of interest; they may be looking for a wide range of relative newbies vs. hardened veterans.

Sometimes they shy away from people who are TOO enthusiastic. Sometimes it's based on the clarity of your writing or if you're too concise or too verbose. You never know what they're looking for. But remember that they're looking for a balance. It could be as simple as them having someone else in the group already with your same basic stats, so they needed to look for others. Kind of like walking into an audition and being typed-out because you're tall and thin and they're looking for short and dumpy. :)

:earsboy:

the answer somewhat depends on how many they're accepting into the next round, but my guess is that most, if not all, of them have been notified by now since it's a relatively smaller number.

for larger numbers (i.e., those who didn't make it), it could take hours, perhaps even days to send out all the emails because they need to control the number of emails sent out per hour to avoid overloading the system, or so i'd be sure.

I have not heard anything one way or the other. I don't think all of the emails have been sent out yet.

Last year they knocked out anyone with over 1000 posts on the DIS, anyone with an AP, anyone who owns DVC, I'm sure there were other disqualifying factors that surfaced as people compared notes. Of course none of those were "official", it was just something we noticed.
I knew A LOT of moms who tried last year an NONE of us made it to Round 2. NONE. We have one or more the factors listed above in common, but a far as family size, age of our kids, geographic region, etc. those are different for all of us.

I was really, really mad last year. I am pretty much over it now, but I didn't try again. ;)

It would be easy enough for them to cross reference for DVC or AP but would they really be able (or willing) to find out how many posts on Dis you have?:confused3

It would be easy enough for them to cross reference for DVC or AP but would they really be able (or willing) to find out how many posts on Dis you have?:confused3

Yeah, most of us have different logins from our "names" on here :confused3

So, no one who owns DVC is on the Mom's Panel? I didn't realize that.
Bobbi:goodvibes

I applied this year but haven't heard anything yet. I'm going to go and check my junk email folder now. I'm not expecting to get it, but I guess it would be nice to know one way or another.

I was thinking the same thing. There is no way they would know how many posts someone has on their Disboards account. It is in no way affiliated with Walt Disney World.

I'd applied and haven't heard one way or the other either...guess I've been busy with other things to follow up specifically on that right now. Hopefully we'll find out soon now that I'm thinking about it again! :rotfl:

Seems they would encourage or want even more those with AP or DVC, as it's obvious that they would attend the parks more than normal and probably know more information.

I just had a thought. I registered ages ago at Disney. Since we moved this summer I finally got around to changing my address on my profile so that they could mail me my golden ticket. ;) Since I never updated my last visit it puts me out of the within 1 year frame. Think that eliminated me, and I'm assuming others? No. Haven't gotten the reject letter yet, but trying to get my excuse ahead of time!

Of course, the panel is to help first time Disney trip planners. People that are DVC or AP may not plan the same due to discounts, etc.

I'd applied and haven't heard one way or the other either...guess I've been busy with other things to follow up specifically on that right now. Hopefully we'll find out soon now that I'm thinking about it again! :rotfl:
They are just notifying the people who made it into the next round. The rest of us will not be getting an email saying we did not make it.

Like I said, this wasn't anything official, it was just something we noticed last year as all of us rejects were comparing notes. Anecdotal stuff that we came up with as we were trying to sort out what determined who was chosen and who wasn't.

There may very well be DVC owners on the panel, but none of the DVC owners on that particular thread got in last year. There was also speculation that it was bad to be a Disney stockholder, because there was something written in the rules that excluded anyone with financial holdings in Disney (or something to that effect) but nobody ever determined exactly what that meant.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter