Money belts...anyone use them on their adventure?

trampslady

<font color=green>I stop and watch the Norway vide
We will be leaving for Germany (via Adventures by Disney and Lufthansa Airlines) on September 24. I read so many people say to use moneybelts for you cash, credit cards, etc. I know I will get resistance from my husband.

Did any of you use them? Feel okay without them? Feedback appreciated.

When we did the Med Cruise last summer, I used the "passport" pouches that hang around your neck (and then tuck under your shirt) for our ID, credit card and a small amount of cash.

Hubby has this thing that loops into his belt and then flips inside his shorts or pants.

We felt very comfortable, even in crowds. We also thought an actual money belt might be a bit hot and uncomfortable. That's why we opted for the alternatives.

Yup.... my wife and both carried a money belt during our Knights&Lights tour for additional cash, ID, etc. To be honest, we only used them when (1) the hotel room did not have a safe (e.g. when we were *not* in a B&B) and (2) while in transit with our luggage (i.e. between hotels).

My dh wore a soft fabric money belt under his clothes, in which he carried our passports and a good bit of our Euros.
He resisted at first until he talked to his stepmother and she told him about all the pickpocketing she saw in Europe. That changed his mind quickly. In the end, he said it was no big deal and certainly much less of a deal than having to replace passports and money. So tell your dh to suck it up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter