Monorail- leaving park...

Lindaapple

Mouseketeer
I have the following statement from somewhere copied into my Disney Tips notes and I wondering if someone can verify it's truth:
When Disney closes and you are heading to the transportation center, stop once you exit the gates and look at the two monorail stations. One is completely full and the other will be almost empty. Don’t let the words “Express” fool you. Take the resort monorail, which will make a stop at the Contemporary before dropping you off at the transportation center. It’s one of the biggest time saving hints we can give you!

Thanks!

I frequently take the resort monorail. More times than I take the express monorail.

The only downside of the resort monorail is it doesnt come as quick as the express, but it's still a short wait.

I frequently take the resort monorail. More times than I take the express monorail.

The only downside of the resort monorail is it doesnt come as quick as the express, but it's still a short wait.
How do you know which 'stop' to take for getting to parking lot? It is called TTC? Thanks again!

How do you know which 'stop' to take for getting to parking lot? It is called TTC? Thanks again!

They announce it and it's very easy to see which stop you're at.

Resort monorail goes from MK: Contemporary, TTC, Poly, GF, back to MK

I would say the Resort Monorail MAY be faster. Here's the factors:

The Express Monorail travels faster than the Resort Monorail. Just watch them and you'll see it... it reaches a higher speed and sustains it around to the the TTC unless there is a train in the TTC and it has to slow and wait.

THe Resort Monorail has to stop at the CR to offload and onboard. Extra time for ramps and ECVs are typical.

For the sake of argument let's say the two leave MK at the same time. The Resort monorail arrives CR as the Express passes through GF. The Resort offloads, about 1 minute, and onloads, about one minute. Total stop time at CR is typically 2 minutes and often a little longer. Meanwhile the Express passes through the PR and heads into the TTC.

The Resort monorail pulls out of the CR and heads to the TTC... but the express is already there or also heading into the TTC. It's the same time. or shorter, on the Express. If I were still there I'd do a timer on it!

I would say the Resort Monorail MAY be faster. Here's the factors:

The Express Monorail travels faster than the Resort Monorail. Just watch them and you'll see it... it reaches a higher speed and sustains it around to the the TTC unless there is a train in the TTC and it has to slow and wait.

THe Resort Monorail has to stop at the CR to offload and onboard. Extra time for ramps and ECVs are typical.

For the sake of argument let's say the two leave MK at the same time. The Resort monorail arrives CR as the Express passes through GF. The Resort offloads, about 1 minute, and onloads, about one minute. Total stop time at CR is typically 2 minutes and often a little longer. Meanwhile the Express passes through the PR and heads into the TTC.

The Resort monorail pulls out of the CR and heads to the TTC... but the express is already there or also heading into the TTC. It's the same time. or shorter, on the Express. If I were still there I'd do a timer on it!

A Few Minutes in time does it really matter to your overall Vacation Time

I would say the Resort Monorail MAY be faster. Here's the factors

When the line for the Express monorail spills down the ramp and onto the plaza while there are so few guests in the Resorts queue that you can't even see them, your trip will be faster on the latter.

You're comparing two people boarding the monorail at the same time. That's different from what the OP is describing.

When the line for the Express monorail spills down the ramp and onto the plaza while there are so few guests in the Resorts queue that you can't even see them, your trip will be faster on the latter.

You're comparing two people boarding the monorail at the same time. That's different from what the OP is describing.
Right. The OP isn't asking about travel time on the rail.
OP is asking about it when the wait for the Express is really long and the wait for the Resort is really short.
In that case, a 2 or 3 min longer ride on the Resort line won't really matter will it? Not when you'll have a 5 or 10 min longer wait to even board the Express at the MK stop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter