Monorail Loop

Justicegang

Earning My Ears
Hi, we are heading to the Poly. and I was wondering if anyone could tell me something about the monorail. How does the loop work? If you want to go straight to MK where do we get on. If we want to do a full loop where do we get on? Is there somewhere I can find some info?

Thanks! I am getting so excited!!!!!!!!!!!:p :p :p

Someone please correct me if I actually oversimplify this.......I am often wrong (but don't like to admit it!:rolleyes: )

You should be able to board right at the Poly for the loop that will go to Contemporary, MK, GF & Poly. If you want to go to Epcot, you will need to switch at the TTC (Ticket & Transporation Center) to the Epcot monorail. Probably just as easy to walk to the TTC and board there if you need the Epcot monorail at any point. Make sure you try to get in the front at least once! Just ask the attendant if you can wait for a front seat on one of your trips.

If you get on at the Polynesian, you stop at GF and then MK. The monorail continues to Contemporary.

There are 3 monorail loops:

#1: (Clockwise) T&TC > Poly > GF > MK > Contemporary
#2: (Counterclockwise) T&TC > MK ["Express"]
#3: T & TC > EPCOT

Debbie

Emy'sMom got it exactly right. Remembe tho, you can walk over to TTC from Polynesian to get the monorail to Epcot. It's easier, I think anyway, than taking the monorail to MK and then to TTC.

Originally posted by goofy4tink
Emy'sMom got it exactly right. Remembe tho, you can walk over to TTC from Polynesian to get the monorail to Epcot. It's easier, I think anyway, than taking the monorail to MK and then to TTC.

I think it really depends on where your room is at the Polynesian and how hot it is / how much you want to walk. If you happen to be placed in the Tuvalu, Fiji, Aotearoa longhouses, you may want to just walk into the GCH and board the monorail there, take it around to the TTC and transfer to the Epcot monorail there.

However, as goofy4tink said, if you are at the other end of the resort, say, in Tahiti, for example, then it would be easier to walk over to the TTC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter