Monterey hotel?

Juliah

DIS Veteran
Can anyone make a recommendation? Most of the hotels I've looked at seem to be older. We need wheelchair access, and older hotels are usually less accessible, so I am stumped on a place to stay. There are five of us, so we will need either two rooms or a suite that will hold all of us. I'd like to spend about $250-$350 a night total.

The Embassy Suites in Seaside looks like a possibility, but I was hoping to be within walking distance of the aquarium or an area that has restaurants and shops so we don't always have to load up into our van.

Thanks in advance!

We liked the Monterey Bay Lodge (N. of the Wharf area) it was next to the park and had a restaurant attached. Walkable to the wharf, not sure about the aquarium as it is at the opposite end and we drove to Cannery Row. There is a trolly of some sort that had a stop within 1/2 block or so of the hotel. I think we paid in the $125 range

Thanks mamacatnv! That looks like a great location. I'll have to check on accessibility.

Thanks mamacatnv! That looks like a great location. I'll have to check on accessibility.

It has been a couple of years since we went but the reviews on Tripadvisor were all very favorable.

Have fun, that is a beautiful part of the world.

We're trying the Portola Plaza this Friday...it used to be the Doubletree.

We're trying the Portola Plaza this Friday...it used to be the Doubletree.
We didn't stay there but it was our 2nd choice. We walked by it and it is a beautiful hotel as well as in a great location. I was trying to remember the name when I posted my first response. I bet you really enjoy it.

We chose the Monterey Bay Lodge over the Portola purely based on the location of the rooms in proximity of the pool for our kids and the strict no smoking policy.

We stayed at the Monterey Bay Lodge a few years ago. Nothing fancy but clean and pleasant. Seems like I remember the bathroom being rather small though.

If you are in Monterey on Tuesday, you should check out the farmer's market. It was fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter