Month of August - WISH Team Walkers and Runners

mkymsehi

I'd rather be at Disneyland!
Hello everyone!

For those new to us, we are a group of people who are planning to participate in walking/running events throughout the year. For most of us, the ultimate goal is to train and compete in the annual WDW Half/Full marathons. We'll also be posting news and training for various other events throughout the year. We range from beginners to triathletes. Come join us, whether you're training for an event or walking/running for fitness

Originally Posted by TigerLily03
New WISH Team members. If you read one thing over and over, believe this. Being part of this team is fantastic. Part of the ride you get for the event is what I call the roller coaster. There will be lots of ups and downs. The more you post here, the more you will find yourself enjoying the ride. It is an incredible journey. Don't be afraid, shy or whatever to come here and just post up anything.You don't have to know us right away, or all of us at all. You will get to know some of us. It makes the event you are enjoying have MORE meaning and we love to have you.

OMG, can you believe it is August already!!!!!!

Ohhh I might just get AP's again then if they are good for 15 months. Hope we hear something official on it soon. Mine expires some time in October....might get 2 marathon weekends out of the deal....Yaaaa

Is this the right place to jump in? I'm signed up for the 1/2 marathon in January and I'm looking to "talk" with others who are doing the same!!

OMG! There's another MI person!!! :cool1::woohoo::yay:

Welcome Jennifer!!! :flower3: There are a handful of us. 3 on the otherside of the state and I think 4 plus you on this side I think unless I've missed some.

Back to catching up :) I did the gym yesterday and was absent from the boards so need to do some reading :surfweb:

Hope everyone got in a wonderful workout this morning! I am fueling up for my afternoon in the sun. Maybe someday I'll become a morning person but don't bet on it :laughing: The good thing is I will be used to full sun and sweating for the later half of the Marathon :upsidedow

Hi Dianne!! Thanks for the welcome! Good to know there are others from MI running too. Anyone running in the Detroit marathon in October? I'll be participating in a relay - whatever the longest leg is - that's the one I'll be doing!

I ran my longest distance yet today - 7 miles. I was pretty happy!! But, now I'm wondering how in the heck I'm going to run 6 more on top of that! Ack. My aching legs!

Jennifer - Welcome! 7 miles is a great accomplishment - the next 6 will come in no time!

Rough run this morning. First 12 miles felt great, even though humidity was around 90%. Last 2 miles were a struggle. First time all season that I've had to work so hard to finish. And to top it off, my group left me - no one ever noticed that I'd slowed down and dropped off the back, so I finished alone, at least until I caught up with a couple of women from a slower group and walked the last half mile with them. I was more than a little ticked off when I got back to the car. Took a cold bath (not quite desperate enough for a true ice bath!) and then a nap, and finally feel like I might live. I did quit beating myself up for not being able to finish strong when I considered that I've had a really, really tough week at work and haven't run all week, and then got about 4 hours sleep last night thanks to the power company cutting our power for the second time around 11:00 last night! Just mark this one off as complete and move on to next week!

Jackie

Jackie: Yep, mark it off as done and move on to the next one!! hehe.:thumbsup2

Jennifer: Welcome to the WISH!! Aot of us come and go from the monthly/weekly threads, but keep coming and let us know how you are doing!
I am doing the "Happy" which is the 5K, Half and volunteering for the Full at Water Stop #7. (who wants to join us BTW, we have about 6 now). Keep at the good work, you are well on your way to finishing the Half Marathon with ease!! I am a walking mostly so you will see me out on the course somewhere as you pass me by!

I got in a slow 3 miles this morning as the PT that I did Thursday for my right shin splints caused me to now have a tight calf muscle on that leg. I then decided a bike ride was called for, so I added in another 10 miles.

Hope everyone is doing well with there training!

Freckles Racey Tracy

Wow! It is August already!

In 14 days I will be in WDW! Why is it that the more I go, the more I want to go back?

Tomorrow is 7 miles for me. It was a rough week for me at work. Lots of scrambling to make sure that we make a profit. I didn't get as much exercise in this week, but I will get to the gym tomorrow.

Welcome Jennifer!!!! You've come to the right place!!!

Good luck in your training!

Hey Diane - Go Bucks!!! :rotfl2: I did my 8 miles yesterday at our Flying Feather track and it made me think of you!! Still may do the race this year, but I'm looking for another to replace it.

Hey everyone,
My wife and I just rounded out our week with an 8 miler today, giving us a total of 24 for the week. So far our longest run has been about 13 miles, but we got a little off track for a while due to finals (I am in grad school) and summer traveling. We are using the Higdon Intermediate plan to train for the WDW Marathon. We are back on track now, and running very strong. Along the way we are running in the inaugural 13.1 half in Atlanta Ga, so that we can hope for a favorable corral placement in January. This will be our first half and our first full marathon, so we are extremely excited.

Good luck training everyone,
Ben

Hi Dianne!! Thanks for the welcome! Good to know there are others from MI running too. Anyone running in the Detroit marathon in October? I'll be participating in a relay - whatever the longest leg is - that's the one I'll be doing!

I ran my longest distance yet today - 7 miles. I was pretty happy!! But, now I'm wondering how in the heck I'm going to run 6 more on top of that! Ack. My aching legs!

Hi Jennifer!!

I am not doing the Detroit race, but I will probably be down there cheering for my cousin and a co-worker. Have you ever done the Detroit race? My cousin loves it!

Great job on the 7 miles!! Where do you run? My friend and I are always looking for new places to train. Tomorrow we are walking from 16 and Garfield to Metro Beach. :yay:

Welcome!!!

Good morning everyone. This is my first post on disboards but I already have many friends here on WISH. For those that don't know me my name is Katie and I live in Baltimore. I am a computer programmer and live with my Labradoodle Tillie. My next Disney race is the RFTT which is part of my taper for my second marathon, the MCM (my first with WDW 2008). This January I am tackling Goofy. I just couldn't resist the 5th anniversary medal.

I look forward to getting to know the WISHers I don't already know.

Jennifer - Welcome! 7 miles is a great accomplishment - the next 6 will come in no time!

Jackie

Thanks for the encouragement! I do know that I'll be able to do this, but I'm an impatient person and want to do it NOW!! LOL

Jennifer: Welcome to the WISH!! Aot of us come and go from the monthly/weekly threads, but keep coming and let us know how you are doing!
I am doing the "Happy" which is the 5K, Half and volunteering for the Full at Water Stop #7. (who wants to join us BTW, we have about 6 now). Keep at the good work, you are well on your way to finishing the Half Marathon with ease!! I am a walking mostly so you will see me out on the course somewhere as you pass me by!

Freckles Racey Tracy

Thanks! So many here are doing more than one race. I'm tempted to sign up for the 5K as well. I didn't realize it was called the Happy though!

Wow! It is August already!

In 14 days I will be in WDW! Why is it that the more I go, the more I want to go back?

Tomorrow is 7 miles for me. It was a rough week for me at work. Lots of scrambling to make sure that we make a profit. I didn't get as much exercise in this week, but I will get to the gym tomorrow.

I'm jealous of your trip! Our next one is the marathon! How was your 7 miles?

Hi Jennifer!!

I am not doing the Detroit race, but I will probably be down there cheering for my cousin and a co-worker. Have you ever done the Detroit race? My cousin loves it!

Great job on the 7 miles!! Where do you run? My friend and I are always looking for new places to train. Tomorrow we are walking from 16 and Garfield to Metro Beach. :yay:

Welcome!!!

I ran the Detroit Marathon Relay last year. I had the finishing leg and absolutely LOVED it!!! It is a great race! The neighbors in Indian Village hand out beer and brownies! I couldn't imagine taking it and not getting sick, but I asked them to meet me at the finish line! :goodvibes

Right now I just run near my house - on the lake in Grosse Pointe. It's a beautiful run. I'd love to try out other routes though. How was your walk today?

Good morning everyone. This is my first post on disboards but I already have many friends here on WISH. For those that don't know me my name is Katie and I live in Baltimore. I am a computer programmer and live with my Labradoodle Tillie. My next Disney race is the RFTT which is part of my taper for my second marathon, the MCM (my first with WDW 2008). This January I am tackling Goofy. I just couldn't resist the 5th anniversary medal.

I look forward to getting to know the WISHers I don't already know.

Hello! I'm new here too!

Hey Diane - Go Bucks!!! :rotfl2: I did my 8 miles yesterday at our Flying Feather track and it made me think of you!! Still may do the race this year, but I'm looking for another to replace it.

*sigh* Chris I'm afraid I'm going to disappoint you. I don't follow football. :rolleyes1 But as you are a friend I shall give it a try GO BLUE! (I think that's correct :lmao: )

I hope the Flying Feather Track was a tad nicer than when I've had the pleasure of running it. :rotfl: I DID see turkeys yesterday though. They were hiding from the sun, smart birds.

What happened to the photos? Are you making room for the RftT and the Goofy photos? :cool1:

Mel if you see this. I thought I smelled waffle cones yesterday and I think someone will need to be standing outside the beaches & Cream with a pool noodle to keep me on the course :laughing: If I crossed the finishline holding an waffle cone with 3 scoops it's your fault. Chai tea indeed! :rotfl:

Katie - Welcome to the group. Glad you are joining us on the WISH boards!!!

Diane - I deleted them when adding my ticker till the RFTT somehow. I scare people away with those pictures anyway.....:rotfl2:
Yeah I'll be honest I hardly watch sports anymore.

Just got back from golfing with the family 15 of us. It was alright, but they split my Dad and myself so we were pretty ticked. Not much activity really with it as we rode in a cart.....:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter