Moonlight Magic is Back!

I decided to go for the July 14 and July 26 Moonlight Magic events, using direct points, and staying at a timeshare from July 15 to July 25th. I did log in this morning, entered at 11 and while waiting for a number, refreshed once and got 3,550. From what I understand, the first registration period, for those with room reservations, lasted 1 hour, with approximately 6,000 reservations allowed. The one today lasted 32 minutes. I’m hoping that the 3 nights for HS MM increases my chances, although with a smaller park than Epcot, maybe that’s a wash? I like my chances to attend both the July 14 and 26th events but really want reservations for the July 14 event, although I’d be disappointed if I didn’t get both.
Since it's so difficult to get even one MM date, it would be nice if, once you get one date, you leave the other one for someone else.

You can't do 2 for the same park in same year, I don't think.

We are trying for the 14th too. Bonus, we will get to ride Guardians.

I decided to go for the July 14 and July 26 Moonlight Magic events, using direct points, and staying at a timeshare from July 15 to July 25th. I did log in this morning, entered at 11 and while waiting for a number, refreshed once and got 3,550. From what I understand, the first registration period, for those with room reservations, lasted 1 hour, with approximately 6,000 reservations allowed. The one today lasted 32 minutes. I’m hoping that the 3 nights for HS MM increases my chances, although with a smaller park than Epcot, maybe that’s a wash? I like my chances to attend both the July 14 and 26th events but really want reservations for the July 14 event, although I’d be disappointed if I didn’t get both.

Each park's MM has its own separate registration date. The registration this morning was for the Epcot events only.

Also, you won't get two Hollywood events, because they limit you to only one of the events at each park for Moonlight Magic.

Your stay beginning on July 15th won't give you early access to registration for the July 14th event (HS), and your checkout date of July 25th won't allow you early access to registration for the July 26th event (AK).

Last edited:
Let me clarify. There are 3 MM events for HS, the last one being July14. There are 2 MM events at AK, the first one being July 26. I am staying at a DVC resort on July13 and 14, then staying at a timeshare until I stay at a DVC resort July 26 and 27. The only reason I’m staying at a DVC resort on July 13 and July 27 is to take advantage of extended hours at MK both nights. I wish Disney would restrict DVC members to 1 MM event per year but the only restriction is 1 MM event per year per park. My DVC reservations entitle me to try for both the July 14 and 26 MM events because they are at different parks. I hope that clears things up.

Let me clarify. There are 3 MM events for HS, the last one being July14. There are 2 MM events at AK, the first one being July 26. I am staying at a DVC resort on July13 and 14, then staying at a timeshare until I stay at a DVC resort July 26 and 27. The only reason I’m staying at a DVC resort on July 13 and July 27 is to take advantage of extended hours at MK both nights. I wish Disney would restrict DVC members to 1 MM event per year but the only restriction is 1 MM event per year per park. My DVC reservations entitle me to try for both the July 14 and 26 MM events because they are at different parks. I hope that clears things up.
I still stand by my original post.
Since it's so difficult to get even one MM date, it would be nice if, once you get one date, you leave the other one for someone else.

From DVC:
At this time, all spaces for registration of the Moonlight Magic event at Epcot®, located at the Walt Disney World® Resort for March 17, 2022 and March 31, 2022 have been filled. However, as availability may change should Members need to cancel, we invite you to check back periodically utilizing the link at https://disneyvacationclub.disney.go.com/discounts-perks-offers/member-events/moonlight-magic/.

I suggest checking back directly via the registration link. If they do add some spots from people cancelling, it'll likely open up there before the DVC member site gets updated, and all the member site does is link to this anyway:

http://disneyurl.com/DVCEPCOT22

It wouldn't hurt to mention this issue when you check in - and think about calling Member Services today to explain what happened and how they messed this up for you.

Thanks again for the advice! I sent an email to MS and contacted my Sales Guide (who said he was going to run it up the ladder and get me registered). MS also called and left me a voicemail, but I wasn't able to call back for a few days. Well, either MS or my Sales Guide made it happen as MS informed me this morning that I'm registered for the 3/31 event and I've got my registration email. :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter