More from me - Mickey key rings!!!

DisneyDork712

DIS Veteran
This one I did so that other DISers could recognize me at the parks:

DISFinder.jpg

This one I did 'cause it reminds me of the 60's section of Pop Century, which is where we're staying in January!

60sMickey.jpg

Those are great!

what does the back look like? did you just cut around the head or peel it off?

they look really good!

Wow! I've seen a lot of your stuff on here. Do you make everything or buy it or what do you do? Like the flower one here in particular, what is that made of?

Thanks everyone for your compliments!!

I make everything myself that I post on the boards. Most of the time, even the beads that I use are ones that I've made. I use all kinds of stuff in my crafts! Polymer clay, resin, fabric - pretty much you name it I've probably used it!

Here's a pic of the back of the key ring that I just took real quick. It is made of polyclay:

Back.jpg

Hi! :wave:

Would you mind sharing how you made the mickey? It looks like the Mickey whale of a punch. I have no experience with polyclay, so I don't know if you are able to use a punch with it (I seriously doubt it). Thanks! Your stuff is cute! :sunny:

c

This one I did so that other DISers could recognize me at the parks:

DISFinder.jpg

This one I did 'cause it reminds me of the 60's section of Pop Century, which is where we're staying in January!

60sMickey.jpg

OK, I saw this last night and was "WOW'ed" ...... I looked everywhere for a mickey cookie cutter to use with the clay... no luck. Any suggestions??

I LOVE these! What is polyclay? Is it the stuff you get in little blocks, work until its soft then bake in the oven to harden? (Sold here under the FIMO brand)?

I am guessing that is exactly what it is. I went to Michael's yesterday and they had the Sculpey brand on sale for $1.00 a block. SOOO brought some home, tried it.... going back to get some more. I will post a picture of my try at this later today. (first have to take the picture!) :) The tricky part is trying to find out how to make the shape. I need to find a better stencil or something......

Tracers

I for one need an idiots guide to anything new I am doing (that includes clay). If someone would be willing to post REALLY detailed instructions I'd appreciate it.

Can you use the whale of a punch with clay? I don't want to ruin my punch to find out.

I for one need an idiots guide to anything new I am doing (that includes clay). If someone would be willing to post REALLY detailed instructions I'd appreciate it.

Can you use the whale of a punch with clay? I don't want to ruin my punch to find out.

I am still trying to figure it out. I have one done but am really not happy with it. The more I look at the picuter it looks like it is paper layed over the clay. This is my project tolday so HOPEFULLY I will be able to post a picture later.

Wish the OP would come back and give us some hints.

Hi Amanda,

My keychain and phone charms arrived today. I love them!! Thank you so much. Loved your TR glad you had a great time.

OK, I saw this last night and was "WOW'ed" ...... I looked everywhere for a mickey cookie cutter to use with the clay... no luck. Any suggestions??

I did use the FIMO clay and it works well. The cutter i used was the Mickey Mouse EGG maker from WDW! it worked AWESOME! My digi is being tempermental right now, so i can't get anything uploaded :)

Do they sell this anywhere besides WDW, like kitchen stores? If I ever went into a kitchen store I might know the answer to this . . .

Do they sell this anywhere besides WDW, like kitchen stores? If I ever went into a kitchen store I might know the answer to this . . .

Soooo you are telling us that cooking isn't your "passion"!! :laughing:

I looked everywhere I could think of with NO luck. (I didn't want to order it online) Actually what I did was cut LGMH (paint sample from Home Depot) and used the backing of the paint sample for my stencil. Then once the clay was ready I layed the stencil on top and used my exacto knife to cut out the Mickey head. I know.... I know.... sounds REALLY easy .... you know how long it took me to figure that out! :)

I should be doing my Power point presentation for my Environmental Class but here I am.... thinking of an easier way to cut out Mickeys. :) The one that I had finished is now among the missing !!!! Had it in my hands at Staples to ask the guy about photo transfers and now I can't find it! DARN DARN DARN!

no they do not :sad2: we use ours all the time and i love it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter