More Maxpass/Photopass/Phone App questions

lumos

Earning My Ears
Hi,

I have a few questions I haven't seen answered in previous threads. I have a family of 5 who each have their own smartphone:

1. Does Maxpass only work on one phone with the Disneyland app or can my family members each reserve their own Maxpasses? Can we do both (for example, if we're all together, I can reserve Maxpasses on my phone but if we separate, can they reserve theirs while I reserve mine separately)?

2. How do each of us access the features of the Disneyland phone app for ourselves? Do they need their own "account" and can I link these accounts to mine?

3. How do each of us get the photo passes? Can each of us use our own phone to save photos to our account and how?

4. How does the app work for families with occasional individual users (when we split up vs. all together)?

5. Why does my Disneyland app only show one dinner reservation I made but not the two others? (the others are the River Belle/Fantasmic and Carthay Circle/World of Color.)

Thank you.

Everyone should have their own Disneyland app account.

Once they make their account, they can scan in the passes they will need access to, doesn't have to be all in the group.

There is no way to link accounts, you just scan their tickets into your account. You can scan 1 ticket into multiple accounts.

When you go to make a MaxPass request, it will ask them which of the passes they have scanned will be included. So you can have everyone's pass and make MaxPasses for the whole group while I can just have my pass and my little sister's pass and I can make MaxPasses for the two of us if we want to split up.

You can all save Photos into you own account by putting in the ride photo number at the ride exit. From the app, you can download photos to share with others. I don't think there is a way inside the app to share photos with other app users, but I haven't tried that. You can definitely add everyone's photos into one account, but then that would be the only account that could see them within the app.

I'm not really sure about the dinner reservations, perhaps someone else can answer that one.

Some dining reservations just don't show up on the app for some unknown reason. If you look on the full website, though, you'll see them.

Everyone should have their own Disneyland app account.

Once they make their account, they can scan in the passes they will need access to, doesn't have to be all in the group.

There is no way to link accounts, you just scan their tickets into your account. You can scan 1 ticket into multiple accounts.

When you go to make a MaxPass request, it will ask them which of the passes they have scanned will be included. So you can have everyone's pass and make MaxPasses for the whole group while I can just have my pass and my little sister's pass and I can make MaxPasses for the two of us if we want to split up.

You can all save Photos into you own account by putting in the ride photo number at the ride exit. From the app, you can download photos to share with others. I don't think there is a way inside the app to share photos with other app users, but I haven't tried that. You can definitely add everyone's photos into one account, but then that would be the only account that could see them within the app.

I'm not really sure about the dinner reservations, perhaps someone else can answer that one.

Thank you, that is very helpful! I have a follow on question:

1. Can I scan our tickets into each phone app account before using them to enter the park (when I arrive at the hotel) or do I have to wait until I enter the park to scan each ticket? (I purchased a package with Disneyland Hotel and all tickets direct from Disney). If I had to wait until entering the park, that would waste time after entering the park when I could be reserving maxpasses...

Thank you, that is very helpful! I have a follow on question:

1. Can I scan our tickets into each phone app account before using them to enter the park (when I arrive at the hotel) or do I have to wait until I enter the park to scan each ticket? (I purchased a package with Disneyland Hotel and all tickets direct from Disney). If I had to wait until entering the park, that would waste time after entering the park when I could be reserving maxpasses...

You can scan them in as soon as you get them, before you get to the parks. When you are there, every time you go to select a new MaxPass, you will choose which guests (tickets) will be included in the party for that ride and then it will validate that those tickets have been scanned into a park for that day.

And, yes, scan them into as many phones as you'll be using. The tickets don't care how many phones they're scanned into. Last time I went, we had four tickets all scanned into four different phones.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter