Most laid-back/relaxing DVC resort? Updated with poll!

What do you consider to be the most laid-back/relaxing DVC Resort?

• AKV

• BCV

• BLT

• BWV

• HHI

• OKW

• SSR

• VB

• VWL

Results are only viewable after voting.

DizGirl20

DIS Veteran
Thanks everyone for your responses so far. Someone suggested I create a poll to make it easier to view responses. Comments welcome. Thanks!

Voted for VWL. So relaxing! I love the little bridge over the stream in the lobby. Even the boat ride to the MK seems relaxing to me.

Voted for OKW (probably no surprise considering my screen name).

• Because it is spread out and not attached to a hotel, it has a very away from it all feel.
  • The decor of the units is very relaxed (although I liked the old color scheme better).
  • Despite being spread out, there is always a pool nearby.
  • The units are larger than any other DVC rooms.

HHI and VB but no VGC.... :sad1:

;)

Oops sorry! I will admit I was somewhat selfishly asking to determine where to go on Spring Break next year and VGC is not really an option for us. But I would be happy to add it to the poll, if someone can explain to me how to do it! I tried to "edit" but don't see how I can edit my poll? :confused3

I think one could easily chose OKW, SSR or AKV. I chose AKV because it's has the animals, is more isolated than most and has a very nice pool complex with good onsite (inc AKL) restaurant options. OKW and SSR would be similar but once you start looking for food choices and getting to a decent pool, the relaxing can go out the window, esp at OKW even though I love it there if we have a car. One could chose BCV due to SAB so ultimately it depends on what fits your personal situation.

I chose AKL (even though SSR is my favorite resort). I could just sit and watch the animals for hours or sit by the fire and listen to stories or sit by the pool. I think that AKL would be the easiest resort for me to have a laid back no park trip (with SSR being a close second)

Voted for OKW (design and theme are all about relaxing), but AKV would be a solid second choice (savannas and animal watching with a relaxed atmosphere).

Easy win for OKW. The remote location, the configuration of the rooms and the laid back Key West atmosphere make it the perfect spot to hang and relax.

I voted OKW without noticing that VB was a choice. But I think they are apples to oranges. A beach resort is going to be more relaxing than a park resort, IMO.

A close second to OKW would be the Kidani section at AKV.

Oops sorry! I will admit I was somewhat selfishly asking to determine where to go on Spring Break next year and VGC is not really an option for us. But I would be happy to add it to the poll, if someone can explain to me how to do it! I tried to "edit" but don't see how I can edit my poll? :confused3

Lol - just teasing! And I don't think you can edit a poll once it is set up.

I voted VWL, because it is so relaxing for my family. But in retrospect, HHI should probably have gotten my vote. If you can't relax there, you just ain't tryin'!! :thumbsup2

Besides VWL, I'd have to say SSR, OKW and AKV would make for laid-back spots.

Voted for OKW, after a long day at the parks we :love: going home to it.

Off-site vote option, HHI :goodvibes

My first impression: Aulani, Vero and Hilton Head. (I might be talked into switching the order of Vero/Hilton Head ... ??) If limited to WDW DVC locations ... I'd vote OKW.

As a BWV and BLT owner, I voted OKW.

Haven't stayed at any of the non-WDW resorts, but OKW is my winner for most relaxed all around. While I would also agree that VWL, SSR and AKV offer a relaxed atmosphere, there are components of each that drops them below OKW for me. Things such as:
- resort hotel
- lack of amenities at villa location (Kidani / VWL) require trip to main hotel
- parking scenario (VWL)
- "business" of common space (VWL)
- "activity" / hustle and bustle (SSR - spa and golf resort keep it busy)
- lack of "atmosphere" (SSR - pretty much just in the open sun)
- lobby "chaos" (VWL, AKV if at Jambo)

Obviously all personal opinion. Our family actually prefers the hotel resorts and the "activity" which is why Jambo, BWV and BLT are our favorites. We probably own at the "least" relaxing (by standard definition) locations but love the "buzz" they generate.

HHI!!!! HHI all the way for MOST RELAXING/LAID BACK!!!!!

However if you are talking about WDW then AKV would get my vote b/c I love sitting on the balcony and looking at the animals! That is very relaxing to me. And while the parks are loads of fun if you want true relaxation with activities to pick and choose from then HHI is your place!! :)

Any DVC resort can be relaxing if your room is away from the action (thinking of the boardwalk), but you still have to deal with the crowds at many of the resorts. Wherever there are lots of people then it's not as relaxing and any resort that is attached to a cash resort is going to be busy and sometimes crowded. I chose AKV and I really think Kidani is more relaxing than Jambo House because whenever we dine at Jambo House the crowd factor really hits you.

I agree with all of the posts about HHI. We had a really laid back time during our stay there.

Voted for HHI, but if you limited the poll to onsite resorts my choice would have been OKW!:banana:

Thanks to everyone for your input. I was kind of using this poll as my guide as to where to book next. Funny thing is we wanted to try some place new and have already have stayed at OKW & AKV (1st and 2nd place in the poll). So logically I went down the list to 3rd place, VWL. Which is funny b/c we have never stayed there yet and it's where we are booked for April! So I guess I am staying with what I first booked after all ;)

That being said I may try for HHI at the 7 month mark (if I can convince the rest of the family to skip WDW)...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter