Most Romantic DVC

pixiedust23

DIS Veteran
What do you think is the most romantic of the DVC resorts on Disney property? Or the best for a young (20's) couple. :love2:

You've asked 3 different questions:

1) Most Romantic (at WDW);
2) Most Romantic DVC overall; and
3) Best for couple in their 20's.

I have 3 separate answers :)

1) "Romance" is very much in the eyes of the beholder. I can argue for each of the resorts at WDW as being most romantic. The reason I choose SSR at WDW is two-fold:

DTD is a great place to spend an evening (cirque de soleil; a movie; great dining options; and

the SSR spa is nice and a couples massage is a great way to spend some romantic time.

The resort itself is beautiful. Interestingly, SSR is not my favorite resort, but I chose it for a romantic getaway myself and I was very happy!

2) Now...add in the two non-WDW resorts and...I definitely have to give the nod to VB. It is simply beautiful and, although I am not a beach fan generally, it is a very romantic place overall.

3) The location of BWV, with proximity to BW and Epcot, would put it into top slot for people in early 20s. I would easily include BCV in here as well.

I'm going to tell you DS's opinion-he's getting married in March and looking for the best DVC resort at WDW for their honeymoon. He picked BWV (BW view), he decided that would be the most romantic view at night. The Epcot ball, lights from YC/BC, Friendship Boats, etc.

Anywhere that I am not responsible for little ones for 24 hours is INCREDIBLY romantic to me...heck - hubby doesnt even have to be there :teeth: lol kidding!!! :earboy2:

We are a young couple in our 30's...well late 30's... ;) and we have stayed at the BWV and VWL.
Now most romantic resort IMHO is the Polynesian...we honeymooned there.

but...DVC...I know...

I am going to say VWL. We love this place.
1. HOT TUBS !!
2. quiet walks around the resort at night with crickets chirping
3. beach w/ chairs for watching the water pageant
4. Artist Point restaurant
5. boat rides to Contempory, MK, and Hoop de doo. boats at night are romantic
6. boat rentals...boating on the lake together.
7. less hustle and bustle of Boardwalk.

I can say positives about the BWV too, but I really like the quiant and relaxing atmosphere the VWL have being on the lake. You feel like you are some far away. I like that...nothing like home (arizona :sunny: )

I would have a strong tendency to say the Wilderness Lodge Villas for all the reasons listed above. BUT , we have not actually ever stayed there.

Of those we have stayed at I would say OKW. The rooms seem just separate enough from each other that you feel private and everybody LEAVES YOU ALONE!!!

The very most romantic DVC in general that we have stayed at would be HHI. We spent our 10th Anniversary there and it was beautiful, romantic and private.

I'd say WLV... not because we owned there... hehe... but because it feels so darn cozy and snuggly in there all the time. I don't know how disney does it...

Add another vote for VWL. As a young couple in our 20s we chose it for our wedding and it was a wonderfully romantic location. The atmosphere is just awe-inspiring. At the time they had honeymoon suites and we were so excited to have a huge jacuzzi tub. Now we're so spoiled by DVC that we'd feel deprived if our room didn't have one! :teeth:

Artist Point has great atmosphere. Another great place to eat would be to take the boat launch over to the Contemporary one night at do the California Grill. We also took the boat over to grab the monorail to do the restaurants at the Grand Floridian. There are several VERY romantic choices there. :cloud9:

Hope they have a great time!

pixiedust23 said:
What do you think is the most romantic of the DVC resorts on Disney property? Or the best for a young (20's) couple. :love2:

For a romantic getaway, I would limit it to BW, BC, & VWL. I would choose VWL. I think you need to plan a meal at Cinderalla's Castle as well.

I think VWL and BCV/BWV all have pluses in the romance department...WL for the decor/ambiance (sp?) and BCV/BWV for strolls around the boardwalk at night and the proximity to the Epcot and Boardwalk restaurants. I just asked DH for his opinion and he made my night...his choice? Any DVC resort we are at together :goodvibes !

MrsToad said:
I think VWL and BCV/BWV all have pluses in the romance department...WL for the decor/ambiance (sp?) and BCV/BWV for strolls around the boardwalk at night and the proximity to the Epcot and Boardwalk restaurants. I just asked DH for his opinion and he made my night...his choice? Any DVC resort we are at together :goodvibes !

Great response!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter