Mousesavers reporting a huge deal for first half of 2009 coming tomorrow!

Oh ok thanks...someone in another post was saying they did this - paid for 1 day and got 3 free and I was like 'hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm that could work!'

This might be a good view of the discount

Last year we spent 7 nights (2 rooms) at the Pop. Because it was Easter Week, there were no AP room discounts. I paid

$2,400 for the week - rooms only

This year with the new plan I am still paying $2,400 for 2 rooms, but I am getting

8 nights instead of 7
3 8 day hoppers
2 1 day base tickets (AP holders)
$400 in gift cards for food
a few minor perks such as 5X7 pictures, etc.

plus, it's my daughter's birthday so she will get a $75 gift card for souvenirs

:cheer2: :dance3: :cheer2:

Great Discount!!!

For everyone posting about tickets, I believe the only way to get 7 for the price of 4 is to book the 4 day pass, not the 1,2 or 3 day pass.

Remember, that the difference between a 4 day pass and a 7 day pass is VERY small anyway, so this part isn't much of a deal. It is the 43% off the room portion that is the real perk! Unfortunately, you have to get tickets to get that discount.

Also, the discount for a value isn't going to seem big, since the value rooms are relatively inexpensive (by WDW standards ;) ) People who are posting HUGE discounts are staying at the deluxes and villas (and/or have multiple rooms)

HTH!

So I called yesterday out of curiosity. DH will be getting a sizable bonus and if we can swing it - Disney is one of the things we'd love to do. Anywho I was just going to do a room only res so I wouldn't have to put 200 down, if I wanted it. The CM I talked to told me he had to give me a 1 day base ticket, and it did give the 3 free. So:

7nights @ Movies (Prefered room)
1 day base ticket + 3 free
$931.36

+$200 gift card.

Does that seem right?

Are you s ure you paid for 1 day and got 3 free on the tickets? Can you see this online for sure?

I feel like I've been on the phone all morning!

I switched our 6 night WL AP package w/dining (already have APs) to a 7 night Polynesian package w/one day base tickets and dining. The 7/4 package was $50 less than my 6 night WL package plus we get the $200 gift card.

I moved our summer trip up. I booked Poly LVC (no dining) June 20-June 27 with the 7/4 offer and then booked a regular AP w/dining package June June 27-July 5. I just booked a standard BC room and I'll wait to see how AP discounts are for that time before I bump up the category.

To be honest we couldn't have afforded Poly LVC without the 7/4 deal. I just kept going back and forth between Poly GVC and LVC and Sugarloaf CL at the GF. I ended up picked Poly because the lounge looks so spectacular.

Question, I'm about to buy an annual pass.... so how does this discount work if you are an AP holder? To get the discount you only have to buy a 1 day base ticket? It that correct?

Correct. But if you don't need the AP before your arrival, you'll get a better deal on you AP to get the 7 day ticket, use it once, and then upgrade to an AP at guest services.

Are you s ure you paid for 1 day and got 3 free on the tickets? Can you see this online for sure?

Positive. I had the CM repeat it to me at the end and he said "Paying for 1 day base ticket, 3 free" Maybe it was a glitch at the time 5:15 EST? But it worked and yes I can see it online. :)
ETA, I DO plan on adding the rest of the 3 days once we figure out if we want park hoppers and dining.

You can get the 3 free nights with a 1 day pass, but you have to do it online and change the ticket information. I did it last night, since my daughter has an AP and I had already bought mine. We can use the 1 day passes towards renewing an AP

I have read through all of the pages and it appears that those who have an AP, or other 40% discount code, applied to their reservations were not able to better their current rates. I'm sure if someone out there has been able to do so, they will also reply.

Tess-- I wish I could give you an award. You've read through all the pages! That's truly amazing! :)

And thank you so much for the response. That sounds right.

I am an AP holder and just booked this new deal this morning. From my understanding, the AP discount for Jan-early Feb is very good and pretty much matches this new deal. However, AP discounts have yet to be released for peak season which is mid Feb thru April sometime. So for people like me who have a trip planned right during Easter break, this deal is very good considering Easter is normally blacked out. I saved around $600ish by switching to this new deal from my room-only AAA discount. I got the 1-day base tickets and will save them to upgrade to new AP's after our current ones expire.

Ah! The light is slowly dawning. Many thanks for your response. As a fellow Disney bargain-hunter, I'm sure you can appreciate my wanting to save even more than I'm already saving with the AP rate!

You can get the 3 free nights with a 1 day pass, but you have to do it online and change the ticket information. I did it last night, since my daughter has an AP and I had already bought mine. We can use the 1 day passes towards renewing an AP
So you changed it to a 4 day base ticket on line, or to a 1 day base ticket? My reservation only shows the 1 day base; nothing about 3 free days.

Tess-- I wish I could give you an award. You've read through all the pages! That's truly amazing! :)

And thank you so much for the response. That sounds right.

no kidding. I think she deserves a gift card.... :cool1:

We have a GG trip planned for President's week, my mother is footing the bill for 18 people (5 rooms at CBR, standard dining plan!) She just heard from her TA and she is now saving $5000 plus getting 5 $200 gift cards! I am so excited!:cool1:

OK...you all need to talk me down (or not!).

We're DVC members....and yet, I find myself contemplating a trip this June (or possibly over one of the kids school breaks..though I'd guess availability might be limited) sans DVC, using the deal being offered.

We've got a September trip already booked...and we leave in 26 days for our December trip.

What do you all think??? ONE more??

Question: On the packages, does it have to be room and tickets for the whole stay? Or can it be rooms for 7 days and 1 day tickets for all 4 (youngest is under 3) of us?

There are so many posts coming so fast I think that we are all getting a bit confused.

When I booked last night the package automatically came with 8 day hoppers (8 night package)

I opened up the ticket section and changed the 2 8 day hoppers to 2 1 day base tickets and the price went down accordingly ( about $400 I think) Each individual section of the package opens up so you can customize it before you buy the whole thing. I also changed the preferred view that was included to a standard room and saved $200 for that.

I was not the person who said that they bought a one day base ticket and got 3 free tickets. I'm not sure how that could be.

There are so many posts coming so fast I think that we are all getting a bit confused.

When I booked last night the package automatically came with 8 day hoppers (8 night package)

I opened up the ticket section and changed the 2 8 day hoppers to 2 1 day base tickets and the price went down accordingly ( about $400 I think) Each individual section of the package opens up so you can customize it before you buy the whole thing. I also changed the preferred view that was included to a standard room and saved $200 for that.

I was not the person who said that they bought a one day base ticket and got 3 free tickets. I'm not sure how that could be.

I just did the same thing, online. Port Orleans, french quarter...dropped the tickets down to 1 day base tickets (dropped about $500 for us), since we have AP's, and got just under $1200 for mid February. A bit more for mid June.

Called my wife, and she not very enthusiastically tried to talk me down....and then said we'd talk about it when I get home from work.

:)

We're DVC members....and yet, I find myself contemplating a trip this June (or possibly over one of the kids school breaks..though I'd guess availability might be limited) sans DVC, using the deal being offered.

We've got a September trip already booked...and we leave in 26 days for our December trip.

Question: On the packages, does it have to be room and tickets for the whole stay? Or can it be rooms for 7 days and 1 day tickets for all 4 (youngest is under 3) of us?

ONE more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

You're looking for someone to talk you down?!?!? You're on the wrong thread!!!!!! :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter