Moving To Orlando

We moved from Maryland to Florida!!!

In July, my husband and I made the big jump. We found new jobs down here, and got an apartment with a short lease until we can get a house, and we did it!

Granted we're a little farther out than we would like, but we're looking at houses closer to WDW. It still seems a little surreal to think, "We live in Florida now," but it's nice.
Congrats and welcome! :thumbsup2

We moved from Maryland to Florida!!!

In July, my husband and I made the big jump. We found new jobs down here, and got an apartment with a short lease until we can get a house, and we did it!

Granted we're a little farther out than we would like, but we're looking at houses closer to WDW. It still seems a little surreal to think, "We live in Florida now," but it's nice.

My wife and I have been thinking about making the move as well...already looking online at some houses in the orlando area...are you working for the Disney company? Congrats on your move!

Thanks for the great info.

Fingers crossed I might be moving to the Orlando area within the next 6 months.

We're in the oldest age group now, with me getting closer to retirement and my husband retired already for several years. We bought a manufactured home, 1219 sq ft, 3 br/2 br in a 55+ community in Kissimmee, 20 minutes from WDW, and are using it as a vacation home until I retire or lose my job here in MA. That's four years at the most and maybe as soon as April 2014. I'm lucky to have a lot of vacation time, so we're there often and love it very much. The house is in a really nice gated community with a beautiful pool and hot tub, and is fully furnished. We're taking our time decorating and updating. The plan is to spend Oct-May in Florida and the other four months visiting family back in New England. We find the traffic pretty bad, but it's a small price to pay for ready access to all the parks, restaurants, and water activities.

When I sit on my screened porch watching cranes at my bird feeder, drive over to Downtown Disney for a movie, or spend the afternoon at a WDW park, I never want to leave. As soon as the axe falls at work, I'll be planning my visit to the Disney Casting Company!
:)

Hope someone can also help me out. Im going to apply to work at WDW this week. I live out of state and wondering how the job interview works. I cant seem to get answers anywhere. Also is there alot of good apartment complexes close by that would be a easy commute to work? Whats it like living down there. How is the surrounding area? If anyone can help me out please send me a private message on here. Ty

Hope someone can also help me out. Im going to apply to work at WDW this week. I live out of state and wondering how the job interview works. I cant seem to get answers anywhere. Also is there alot of good apartment complexes close by that would be a easy commute to work? Whats it like living down there. How is the surrounding area? If anyone can help me out please send me a private message on here. Ty

You'll have to apply online first. Even if you go into casting they'll just tell you to go home and apply online. There are TONS of apartment complexes, almost all of which offer some sort of cast member rate. Depending on where you end up working/living the commute is usually pretty simple. I found the surrounding area kind of touristy but that's what you get for living so close to property. There are definitely more places 20-30 minutes out that are less so. I was a cast member with many friends still living/working at Disney so if you have any more questions feel free to PM me :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter