Multi quoting

pkondz

Brace yourself for immediate disintegration
I use multi quoting extensively. Has this feature been retained?
Couldn't see a way to do it.

Unfortunately, no. It doesn't.
It works, albeit cumbersomely if you only quote from one page.
If you need to quote from multiple pages, I think your only option is to go to the first page,
multi quote (tediously hitting <reply> then scrolling back up to the next post you want to quote, repeat until you scream in frustration) everything then copy everything to the clipboard.
Go to the next page, repeat same laborious process then paste previous page's quotes.
Repeat for as many pages as you are quoting.

If there's an easier way to do this, I'm all ears (no pun intended.)

Why so it does! Thanks!

Sayhello

Just trying out for myself... LOL

Unfortunately, no. It doesn't.
It works, albeit cumbersomely if you only quote from one page.
If you need to quote from multiple pages, I think your only option is to go to the first page,
multi quote (tediously hitting <reply> then scrolling back up to the next post you want to quote, repeat until you scream in frustration) everything then copy everything to the clipboard.
Go to the next page, repeat same laborious process then paste previous page's quotes.
Repeat for as many pages as you are quoting.

If there's an easier way to do this, I'm all ears (no pun intended.)

I have to agree. It does work but is rather cumbersome... Perhaps with time this old dog will get use to these new changes. :goodvibes

Take a look now, you will see a thing on the right hand side of the post that says +Quote
It works on Multi Page

Take a look now, you will see a thing on the right hand side of the post that says +Quote
It works on Multi Page
When I click it, it says "Message Added to Multi-quote", but it doesn't appear to do anything.

There's nothing in the Reply window until I click "Reply" and then it's just the post I clicked "Reply" on.

Sayhello

It works on Multi Page

When I click it, it says "Message Added to Multi-quote", but it doesn't appear to do anything.

There's nothing in the Reply window until I click "Reply" and then it's just the post I clicked "Reply" on.

Sayhello

I found it! Click the +Quote, then before you start your message, right below the message box is "Insert Quotes..." Then you can start your reply.

Hmmmm... I'm on my tablet now, and although I see the "Insert Quotes" button now, once I click it, and go through the confirmation, it does nothing (no qoutes are inserted) I'll try it on the PC in the morning... Thanks!

Sayhello

How about single quoting? In the old board it was a one-click task, I have tried it only once in this new software but it took me 4-5 clicks (I forget).

Anyone want to volunteer to teach an old dog a new trick? :)

1. HOW can you quote previous text EASILY?
2. Where are the smilies?

actually just highlight the text and you will see a pop that says quote:reply it's easier than on the old boards

just highlight the text and you will see a pop that says quote:reply it's easier than on the old boards
I see it took four movements.
1. highlight
2. click +quote [a brief notice appears at the top of screen]
--scroll to bottom of page-- (this should count as something to do, but I'll leave it off)
3. Click button [Insert Quotes]
{a fairly messy popup 'Review Selected Messages' appears. maybe it's better on IE?)
4. click [Quote These Messages]

and you're now where you were with 1-2 clicks on the old board.
So 4-5 clicks versus 1-2.

Please teach me if there's an easier way!! I'm happy to concede that I don't know how.
But 'just highlighting' is not the easy way.

(PS also in order to capture all the movements & clicks it took, I did it 3 trimes in succession and the 'Review Selected Messages' contained the same quote three times. Bug?)

How about single quoting? In the old board it was a one-click task, I have tried it only once in this new software but it took me 4-5 clicks (I forget).

A quick one-step to quote a single post is to click the "Reply" button at the lower-right of the post you wish to quote. It will automatically populate in the reply box.

But 'just highlighting' is not the easy way.
But most of the time I don't want to quote the entire text, just a portion of it. I think a lot of people just quoted the whole thing out of simplicity.
This way your quote is far more relevant so for me it seems easier

A quick one-step to quote a single post is to click the "Reply" button at the lower-right of the post you wish to quote. It will automatically populate in the reply box.
I tried that. It still required me to click insert and preview.

I'm thinking if it's automatic for you and not for me, is it browser dependent or a options setting I don't have set? Did it really just populate it directly into the reply box for you?

Alex I hear you about preferences. To me it's a lot simpler to automatically populate, like Judy said, and then edit out what you don't need IN the post box.

I'm thinking if it's automatic for you and not for me, is it browser dependent or a options setting I don't have set? Did it really just populate it directly into the reply box for you?

Yep, it really did just populate the entire quoted post into the Reply box. Then I edited. I did NOT click +Quote, just the Reply button. If I click +Quote and then Reply, I have to do the additional step of Insert. I'm using Chrome if that makes any difference.

Yep, it really did just populate the entire quoted post into the Reply box. Then I edited. I did NOT click +Quote, just the Reply button. If I click +Quote and then Reply, I have to do the additional step of Insert. I'm using Chrome if that makes any difference.

YAY!!!! That was it! I was clicking +Quote.

This is great.

Now just to get the resolution resolved. :P

But most of the time I don't want to quote the entire text, just a portion of it. I think a lot of people just quoted the whole thing out of simplicity.
This way your quote is far more relevant so for me it seems easier

just testing using quote plus

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter