• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Multiple FP for same ride, same day?

epcotobsessed

DIS Veteran
I'm sure this is answered in many places and I'm just not seeing the posts - I have seriously underutilized (i.e. pretty much not at all) the additional FP+ option and I am not going to make that same mistake on our next trip. Is it possible to FP the same ride over and over as long as FP for it are available? Or do you only get one FP per ride per day? Thank you!

I'm sure this is answered in many places and I'm just not seeing the posts - I have seriously underutilized (i.e. pretty much not at all) the additional FP+ option and I am not going to make that same mistake on our next trip. Is it possible to FP the same ride over and over as long as FP for it are available? Or do you only get one FP per ride per day? Thank you!

Yes, but only after you use the first three. You may find the FP FAQ helpful.

Awesome, thank you. I knew you had to use your three original FPs first, and that you should start searching for the next one right after you tap in for the last one, just couldn't find the answer about multiple FP on the same ride on the same day. Thanks again.

Awesome, thank you. I knew you had to use your three original FPs first, and that you should start searching for the next one right after you tap in for the last one, just couldn't find the answer about multiple FP on the same ride on the same day. Thanks again.

Use the MDE app to your benefit whenever you can. One time we decided to get in line for Monster's Inc. Laugh Floor because the posted wait time was short. Once we got in line, the wait time was going to be much longer than the posted time. I opened MDE and looked for a FP+ and found one for all of us for the exact time we were standing in line. We promptly exited the standby queue and walked right into the FP+ queue and were inside within about 5 minutes. So don't be afraid to check for a FP+ for a ride you decide to get in the standby queue for. I think my record for one day in MK is 10 FP+, counting my original 3. Of course sometimes you're going to find FP+ for things like Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh and it's a small world when the lines are shorter, but even if they can save you a few minutes of standby queue time, I think it's worth it.

For the more popular rides, I have been able to get fastpasses for our family if I book one at a time. There seem to be more single fastpasses available and all you need is a small window when they all overlap to ride together. As soon as you scan your bands to use your fastpass (after the first 3), you can book the next one. Sometimes a lot of refreshing is involved, but it is worth it!

For the more popular rides, I have been able to get fastpasses for our family if I book one at a time. There seem to be more single fastpasses available and all you need is a small window when they all overlap to ride together.

I've never done this before, although I might give it a try this year. There's 5 of us in my family though, so not sure if it will work for me. How many people have you had success doing this for?

I've never done this before, although I might give it a try this year. There's 5 of us in my family though, so not sure if it will work for me. How many people have you had success doing this for?

There are 4 of us in our family. We have also traveled with my mil, so then I was booking for 5. It is not a guarantee for every ride, but I been able to get harder fastpasses, like 7DMT, for our whole party multiple times in one day.

We're a family of 5 too, and it's a real pain to break the party up into 5 groups of 1. On occasion, I've had to do 3 and 2, but usually I have no problem with getting it for all 5 of us.
We have five, and I usually do 3 and 2 also-- just for harder to get rides. I'll book the 3 first, then the 2, and then try to modify the times if needed. To Telecomguy-- it usually isn't bad, unless you are trying for a very difficult ride.

We had real success with this yesterday. Used our first 3 in Epcot and then went to DHS where we got 7 more FP. Did tower of terror 4 times, RNR, TSM, and grabbed a fantasmic at the end. We were only a party of 3 people though so I’m sure that made it easier.

There are 4 of us in our family. We have also traveled with my mil, so then I was booking for 5. It is not a guarantee for every ride, but I been able to get harder fastpasses, like 7DMT, for our whole party multiple times in one day.

We have five, and I usually do 3 and 2 also-- just for harder to get rides. I'll book the 3 first, then the 2, and then try to modify the times if needed. To Telecomguy-- it usually isn't bad, unless you are trying for a very difficult ride.

Thanks for the information. I'll be sure to give it a try. Only 18 days until I'm there. :earsboy:

Another family of five that had a lot of success. I only occasionally broke is up into 3 and 2 for hard to get rides. Usually you can get it for 5 and unless I really really had my heart set on a very tough ride (I'm guessing perhaps the millennium falcon ride may qualify when it opens) I wouldn't ever break into 5 parties of 1. That is too much work for me.

Another family of five that had a lot of success. I only occasionally broke is up into 3 and 2 for hard to get rides. Usually you can get it for 5 and unless I really really had my heart set on a very tough ride (I'm guessing perhaps the millennium falcon ride may qualify when it opens) I wouldn't ever break into 5 parties of 1. That is too much work for me.

Thanks for the confirmation. I'll certainly be giving it a shot while we're there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter