Musings on a Priceline Hotel: LaQuinta Inn on Jamacian Court

WebmasterBarry

DIS Veteran
I stayed at the LaQuinta Inn on 8300 Jamacian Court on December 30. My bid was $20 and I got it. I was pretty surprised that I got a hotel at that price during the busiest time of the year. If I didn't get that, then I had the Suburban Lodge as a back-up for $39.

Jamacian Court is off I-Drive, around where Ripley's Believe It or Not is. The hotel is kind of hard to find. As you drive along Jamacian Court, you see these huge signs for the other hotels. I expected the LaQuinta Inn to have a big sign, but it had a teeny sign with the hotel's logo and an arrow on it. It took a second drive around to find it.

The hotel was pretty adequate. The room and lobby was clean. The staff was pleasant. The room had a partition between the sink and bedroom, but no door or curtain. You can get some degree of privacy. The room was just a generic room -- two beds, TV, drawers, and bathroom.

The only problem with the hotel is that some rooms are close to I-4. My room was a corner away from the Interstate. I could hear quiet sounds of cars going by. If you are a light sleeper, you may be bothered by the sound. As for me, I've been known to sleep through fire alarms, so a little noise isn't annoying to me. It's not as bad as a Motel 6 in Tampa I stayed at. The room was right across from the I-275 on-ramp and I could hear the sounds of trunks grumbling all night long!

I would probably stay there again. I don't think I would pay more than $40-$50 a night for a room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter