Must Do's for First Timers (And possibly only timers)

Sci-Fi would be the only 'must-do' I'd recommend for young boys.....and I own a convertible and have a Drive-in Theater in my home town.

Be Our Guest - notably, for dinner, to meet The Beast.
My ten year old daughter has been to WDW many times and these are the two she repeatedly requests going back to.

We have a trip in February and these are the only two restaurants where I made ADRs.

It may not be considered a restaurant, but I also made us reservations for Plaza viewing for the fireworks dessert party. A good Disney fireworks experience can really make a trip special. Without a designated viewing area, it can be hit or miss. For first and only time visitors I'd think it is a must do.

If they have some down time that is not park time, I'd suggest going to Sanaa. Possibly the best restaurant on property. Such a unique atmosphere and the food and service are astounding.

Also might consider Cali Grill. I've had three great experiences there. Food has been great, and fireworks viewing is quite a special.

My 10 and 12 year old boys loved Sci Fi last summer, and 'Ohana breakfast is our favorite due to their love for Stitch and Pluto. They also love love love Les Halles counter service in France in Epcot (lobster bisque! Baguettes! PASTRIES!!! lol).

I am so with you on Ohana! It was one and done for us, but we would take first timers there just for the atmosphere and chance to explore the Poly. The food....not so much.

I think a first timer should stay away from Ohana. They might get the wrong impression of Disney dining. Ohana is the poorest example of a WDW quality dining experience. Very little value for $$$ spent.

For lunch, I might suggest Sanaa. If you make an ADR for when they open and then arrive slightly early, you increase your chances of sitting right next to a window. From there, the kids (and grownups!) can enjoy seeing animals on the savanna. The food isn't spicy (though you can order it so), and while the flavors are unique, nothing is terribly exotic. The best bargain is the full bread service for around $14--it comes with 5 na'an breads and 9 dipping sauces (some of which are hot and spicy, and some of which are mild). It's a fun, relaxing, family environment with the bonus of being able to see animals.

Not sure if you are going To Disney Springs, but T-Rex was a huge hit with my 3.5 year old son and I would bet older boys would enjoy it just as much. I've seen most of the restaurants I'd also recommend already mentioned.

I just realized I should Give some positive places after giving Ohana a big thumbs down>.

Crystal Palace
Wolfgang Puck Express (great breakfast)
Ice Cream on Main Street
The Wave
The Turf Club
The Kona Cafe'
The Yachtsman Steakhouse
Boat Wrights

-Chef Mickeys
-Biergarten
Hoop Dee Doo
50's Prime Time
Be Our Guest
If you do these they will see a little of everything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter