Must have snack at DL and DCA ;)

NicholeB630

DIS Veteran
I love me some Disney food and I've heard DL is better than DW? Opinions on this?

We of course always get churros, mickey bars, dole whips! But what is a must have at DL and DCA? I love sweets and so do my kids. I wanna start a list of must tries!

My family's favorite treat of our last trip was the churro funnel cake at Hungry Bear. If you're going during a special event, they often offer limited time snacks as well. For instance, they have special treats for Lunar New Year and Valentine's Day right now.

My family's favorite treat of our last trip was the churro funnel cake at Hungry Bear. If you're going during a special event, they often offer limited time snacks as well. For instance, they have special treats for Lunar New Year and Valentine's Day right now.
Yes, we love to try the seasonal/festival treats.

Follow the Disney Food Blog!

some new things I tried on my last visit in June 2018

1. Chocolate Parfait at Tommorrowland Terrace
  2. Donuts from the cart near Adventureland entrance at The Hub
  3. Bread Pudding at Pacific Wharf Cafe

I feel like the food/snacks at DL are better or maybe there are just more options. At DL my kids are huge churro and Tukey Leg Fans. The Boysen Apple Freeze at Maurice's Treats are refreshing and delicious, we always get the Mickey shaped beignets at Mint Julep bar, and always get seasonal treats at Jolly Holiday or Candy Palace. At DCA the cinnamon rolls at Fiddler, Fifer and Practical are good for a morning snack and although this is more of a meal option the kids love to get the Mac and Cheese in a bread bowl at the Pacific Wharf. I don't think it's necessarily a menu item, but they will do it for you.

2 years ago, I tried a corn dog for the first time ever at the Little Red Wagon on Main Street. I normally despise corn dogs. But oh my goodness, THOSE corn dogs are like manna from heaven! So a corn dog from there is a must have. Absolutely.

OMG....SO much!

Churros (Disneyland has TONS of specialty churros)

Dole Whips are WAY better at DL. They are super creamy, not icy like WDWs always are.

Literally EVERYTHING in the dessert case at Jolly Holiday Bakery. But especially the Raspberry Rose Mickey Macaron and the Matterhorn Macaroon.

Skewers at Bengal BBQ

Cheddar Garlic Bagel Twist at Maurices Treats/Cozy Cone

Lemon/Blue Raspberry Dole Whip Parfait at the Adorable Snowman in DCA

Jack Jack Cookie Num Num at DCA

Corndogs/cheese stick at Corndog Castle

Obviously nachos at the cart in DCA in Hollywood land

Specialty donuts at the Main Street Cart or Schmoozies at DCA

Pot stickers at the Chinese place in DCA

Beignets at Ralph Brennans Express in DtD (SOOOO much better than Mickey Beignets)

Onion rings at Smokejumpers Grill at DCA (beer battered and YUM...and they have homemade ranch dressing at the toppings bar)

Bavarian pretzel at Sonoma Terrace and sometimes in DL near the Matterhorn

Poutine at Red Rose Tavern (a good snack if you share it)

Other than all the other amazing suggestions here, there aren't enough words to describe how I feel about the fried pickles and a cherry malt from Carnation Cafe. While their regular food is delicious, this snack is what keeps me coming back every time. Always how I start my longer trips.

Z6Fkmwy

Other than all the other amazing suggestions here, there aren't enough words to describe how I feel about the fried pickles and a cherry malt from Carnation Cafe. While their regular food is delicious, this snack is what keeps me coming back every time. Always how I start my longer trips.

Z6Fkmwy
OMGOSH, the pickles. I forget to mention them to people but we always make a reservation at Carnation Cafe just to get them.

some new things I tried on my last visit in June 2018

1. Chocolate Parfait at Tommorrowland Terrace
  2. Donuts from the cart near Adventureland entrance at The Hub
  3. Bread Pudding at Pacific Wharf Cafe
Is the bread pudding like the one at Ohana?

That sounds so good. Well it will be food and wine when we go :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter