MVMCP and Scheduling FP+ (4-6pm)

That's frustrating, and making me nervous for our MVMCP day (I have an AP but my DH does not). Did you try to make your FPs for your MVMCP day last, after booking the other 6 days? That was my strategy but I obviously haven't tried it yet (my FP window opens later this month).
No I didn't. Many people said that works; to add the MVMCP FP last. However, the week I'm going is crowded, if I lose the FPs have, it would be a problem (long lines). Also, no one seems to mention how time consuming it is to make FPs. I was at the computer waiting for my 60 day window to start, I managed one FOP fp, then within 10 minutes the site was down. When I tried to modify today, little if anything good (popular rides) was left. So I don't want to risk changing up the fps I managed now. So good luck to you, I'm glad someone is finding a way around. Disney is getting too greedy.

I booked this morning - we have a 2 day park hopper and party tickets for a separate day. I booked both park days first and then booked the party day last and was able to get fastpasses booked for the party. No Seven Dwarves available though...

I booked this morning - we have a 2 day park hopper and party tickets for a separate day. I booked both park days first and then booked the party day last and was able to get fastpasses booked for the party. No Seven Dwarves available though...

Good deal! What were your FP+ times?

Was 7DMT not available your entire trip, or just on your party day? Just curious!

Good deal! What were your FP+ times?

For the party? One was 345-445 and one 455 - 555. Editing to add - I've since read there's a possibility of losing my last day of FPs, so I cancelled these (since I couldn't get 7DMT anyways, I figured most stuff will be a very short line during the party!)

Was 7DMT not available your entire trip, or just on your party day? Just curious!

It's the only day I tried - our other MK day, we are going to AK in the afternoon and I chose to book fast passes there instead.

This is interesting....I just wonder what will really happen come party day. We will be there for the second party (not going) and will leave when we have to, but would love even the smallest chance to get same day FPs (for anything!) for up until 6 pm.

Following! We're going to 3 parties (11/28, 12/07 and a toss up between the 14 or the 17, haven't decided yet) and I have a 10-day ticket that I plan to upgrade to an AP when we get there. My booking window starts on October 9th, which is funny because it should be October 6th as we have a RO reservation from December 5-8th and a package for December 8-19th.
Your FP Booking window opens 60 days before your Room-only check-in date.

BUT, you'll only be able to book for your Package dates. Your tickets are attached to your Package Stay.

Be prepared to book FPs on October 6th.

Your FP Booking window opens 60 days before your Room-only check-in date.

BUT, you'll only be able to book for your Package dates. Your tickets are attached to your Package Stay.

Be prepared to book FPs on October 6th.
THANK YOU! I was already making plans for October 9th. We plan on taking it easy 5-8 and do a couple of tours and MVMCP, so this will work perfectly for us! We'll be at AK on December 9th and 11th and I was worried about FOP availability with 62 and 64 days.

THANK YOU! I was already making plans for October 9th. We plan on taking it easy 5-8 and do a couple of tours and MVMCP, so this will work perfectly for us! We'll be at AK on December 9th and 11th and I was worried about FOP availability with 62 and 64 days.
You should be able to book for your MVMCP date with no problem because your window is open. Good luck with FoP! :)

If I *only* have a party ticket and no other park tickets, can I make FPs for the party date?? We have party tickets for 11/12 so should I expect to be able to make them 10/12?

If I *only* have a party ticket and no other park tickets, can I make FPs for the party date?? We have party tickets for 11/12 so should I expect to be able to make them 10/12?

OP posted they were able to make FP+ selections with only MVMCP ticket. Purpose of this thread is to stay current on what's trending with party tickets and FP+ selections. PP are reporting if able to make FP+ or not. PP posted that there were some odd times.

Are you onsite or offsite?

If you are offsite and only party tickets, 30D is 10/13/17.

Thanks!! Sorry, I was having trouble following this thread.

We are staying offsite.

Is there anything special I will have to do in the app or will it just let me make the FP selections 30 days out? My party tickets are showing up in my account so it should just work then, right?

Thanks!! Sorry, I was having trouble following this thread.

We are staying offsite.

Is there anything special I will have to do in the app or will it just let me make the FP selections 30 days out? My party tickets are showing up in my account so it should just work then, right?

Nothing special, on morning of FP+ your date would be available.

Should/Possibly work. That's purpose of this thread. Some PP with MNSSHP had FP+ selections removed, some had removed and added back, some had no issues (i.e. made FP+, no emails, on party day used FP+). MK closing @ 6pm on MVMCP nights & 7pm for MNSSHP. So we are seeing what's trending and if PP making FP+ selections with MVMCP tickets only start to get emails about canceling FP+ due to no theme park ticket.

If read through this thread, all but 1 was able to make FP+ with party tickets. However, these are only those that posted, keep in mind everyone doesn't post and are not on Dis, so who knows. You can select Watch Thread tool to stay up to date. Or on 10/13 attempt to schedule FP+.

So sharing with the thread that I was just able to book FP+ with my MVMCP ticket. I first booked FP+ for my regular day and then it let me book FP+ on my MVMCP Day. I'll be monitoring for emails and will cancel these if I get something from Disney, but fingers crossed!

BTW, I booked FP+ 3:20-4:20, 4:20-5:20, 5:20-6pm initially (it let me!), and then went back and deleted the 3:20-4:20 since I'd read that FP+ before 4pm might be more likely to get the dreaded email.

Last edited:
So sharing with the thread that I was just able to book FP+ with my MVMCP ticket. I first booked FP+ for my regular day and then it let me book FP+ on my MVMCP Day. I'll be monitoring for emails and will cancel these if I get something from Disney, but fingers crossed!

BTW, I booked FP+ 3:20-4:20, 4:20-5:20, 5:20-6pm

Woo-hoo! pixiedust:

I just checked to see if I could add 3 FPs based on my party ticket. I have 10 Day tickets and already have 10 days worth of FPs. The system gave me that "Not so fast..." notice that I already had FPs for my ten days, and can't add any more.

Why are others able to add another day based on their tickets? I guess the system won't allow it because it doesn't allow more than ten days of tickets?

I just checked to see if I could add 3 FPs based on my party ticket. I have 10 Day tickets and already have 10 days worth of FPs. The system gave me that "Not so fast..." notice that I already had FPs for my ten days, and can't add any more.

Why are others able to add another day based on their tickets? I guess the system won't allow it because it doesn't allow more than ten days of tickets?

That's weird, because someone could have an AP and be able to book more than 10 days of FP+ right? Did you do the MVMCP one last?

That's weird, because someone could have an AP and be able to book more than 10 days of FP+ right? Did you do the MVMCP one last?
I did the first ten days weeks ago. I just went in recently to add a day and it wouldn't let me.

Maybe the system recognizes which kind of ticket I have. Maybe if I had an AP it would allow it. ???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter