MVMCP question

lmmollohan

Earning My Ears
We are considering going to MVMCP but can't decide. I feel like we are spending soooo much money already that this is just another big ticket item. We have a 7, 5 and 2 1/2 year old and I just don't know if this is worth it for them.

We have reservations for the Candlelight Processional and we are wondering if we should cancel it and go for MVMCP instead. Any ideas??

Also, we have AP and wondered if anyone knows if there is a discount on tickets for pass holders.

Thanks,
Lisa

We are AP holders also, and alas, there is no discount for us!

I debated also about MVMCP, we have three kids and it is quite a chunk of change for five tickets!

This is what I ended up doing...(not that it will apply in your situation). My DH has no interest in going, and when we went to E-Ride night in June my 9 year old DS wanted to leave and go to bed by 10 PM (he is a morning person!). My DD and I are planning a "mommy-daughter day" to celebrate our birthdays, so I got MVMCP tickets for just she and I for a night early in our trip, thinking that I can always try for tickets for the boys on a later night if it turns out to be awesome. This may end up backfiring on me, but I couldn't see spending $150 on something that would be wasted on at least two of our party. Plus this way my DD and I won't have to listen to the boys whine all night;)

Anyway, good luck with your decision and have fun no matter what you decide!!!

We went to MVMCP for many years, and have decided the last couple to pass. There is a ton of holiday spirit in every park every day. We have never been big on seeing the entertainment, at least not any more for extra admission than we do on a regular day. The picture is neat, but for what it costs for our family to go to the party, we can get a heck of a picture package, and not have just one print. For us it was not a good investment, others would not miss it for anything.

We went last year for the 1st time. We also have a family of 5 & had AP's so it was an additional cost. Plus you must pay for parking even if you show your AP.

While others absolutely love MVMCP & go every year we found it to be very disappointing & in fact, we complained & got a refund. We thought it was very crowded. The shows we did see (only 2) were very good, but we didn't think it was worth the money.

That is just my opinion.

Thanks, we have decided to forego the party...decided we would like to spend the money elsewhere and even if it is wonderful, what we don't know won't hurt us!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter