My brief takes on the Disney Wish: Part II

MinnesotaMouseketeers

DIS Veteran
Just a quick recap, it was DW, DS (adult) and I and this was our first B2B cruise, 4 night/3 night (over Christmas). These two cruises were DW and my 11th and 12th Disney cruises, our DS is a Gold CC member.

Part II is going to be my brief thoughts on the three main restaurants, if you have questions about anything I will answer them as best I can. I'll start with the three dining rotation restaurants 1923, World of Marvel, and Arendelle.

1923 is split into two separate restaurants, Roy Disney and Walt Disney (our dining rotation). They have glass displays filled with props, sketches, and storyboards from Disney cartoons and movies. For Disney artwork nerds like me you will not be disappointed. We made our way into the Roy Disney half when there was no dining service going on. If you're into Disney animation I would suggest checking out both sides. And because there is no show here it is very easy to hold a conversation throughout the meal.

The hallway leading to Arendelle has a wall lined with hand painted pictures, scenes of the people in Arendelle. And on the other side frost covered portholes. It is a large restaurant with a stage in the center and at the back of the ship there are large windows across the entire aft section where you can look down on Rapunzel and Pascal hanging off the stern of the ship. Inside the restaurant the walls are beautifully decorated with artwork and paintings. Arendelle is beautifully themed. And we loved the show, the CM playing Oaken did a fantastic job, very funny!

The World of Marvel has a show featuring the Ant-man and The Wasp. If your not familiar with this restaurant it has large screen televisions on the walls and a "Quantum core" on each table that has a button for each guest to push at different times throughout the show. It does get loud during the show but there are pauses in the action. During these times there is a slideshow of clips from the Marvel movies. This is the least favorite of the three for me, but I still encourage everyone to go to it at least once to experience it.

All three of us are adventuresome and we'll order meals that we don't make at home or find at restaurants at home. When it comes to the menus there wasn't one restaurant that stood out above the others. All three menus had plenty of choices where it was difficult choosing what to order. But because we did a B2B we knew we were going to be able to try something new the second half of our cruise. Our servers did a great job, service was prompt, after the first night they had the routine down such as who wanted lemon in their glass of water or who wanted decaf coffee with desert, etc.

All the meals were anywhere from good to very good. Arendelle and World of Marvel does get a little loud during the shows. I would recommend experiencing each of these restaurants at least once.

Any dishes that you highly recommend? Looking forward to trying these menus!
So there are some new things on the menus, but also some repeats. For example, Elsa's coronation scallops are in Arendelle, but I had them in Alaska (not recommended unfortunately. I ordered it again, thinking it had been good, and the mom from the other family we were randomly paired with also ordered it. There were about 3 scallops and 5 lbs of pastry for both of us).

I enjoyed the vegetarian tacos in 1923 and the churros.

I liked the Mystic pasta in world's of marvel, but it was very similar to the pasta on Pirate night (which of course was the next night, so that was poor planning on my part).

Any dishes that you highly recommend? Looking forward to trying these menus!

I think the single best dish I had was the brie and rosemary ham tart appetizer in Arendelle. DH and one of our friends both loved the koldtbord there but it has seafood so I can't comment myself as I'm allergic. Unfortunately, because of an allergy to a non-obvious ingredient (sunflower), a lot of the items I wanted to order were off-limits to me (kudos to our server Ferry who was able to steer me clear of those or get them modified for me!) so sometimes I had to order something I wasn't as fond of. The white and green asparagus appetizer was good too but the tart blew that out of the water.

On embarkation day, we ate lunch in Arendelle and the sandwich I wanted wasn't an option for me due to allergies so I ended up ordering the sliced roasted beef sirloin which I wasn't keen on as it's something that I thought would be way too heavy for lunch. But it was fantastic. I definitely recommend it.

The chicken schnitzel in the World of Marvel was very good (they removed the anchovy off it for me which is really just a garnish). I find that schnitzel in a lot of places is just greasy and limp but this was nice and crispy and still moist and juicy inside. I also had the tomato salad - nothing out of the ordinary but very tasty IMO.

The duck confit appetizer in 1923 was yummy and so was the burrata. I had the chicken which was okay but nothing special except for the apple chutney which I could have eaten a lot of. There were a lot of other appetizers there that I would like to try some other time. Our friends really liked the filet mignon.

I wasn't able to eat any of the bread service because of allergies (DH and our friends liked all of them though only some of the accompanied dips/spreads) and our assistant server brought me some rolls every evening that weren't my favourite but still quite tasty and something that looked like butter, tasted delicious but which she said wasn't dairy just to be on the safe side because of potential sunflower oil additions (especially for whipped butters). I don't know what it was but if I knew I'd ask for it in future even over butter! (our server and assistant server were really awesome).

The pirate night menu was my least favourite, only because there were a few things I couldn't eat (like the jerk chicken - boo - I really wanted that). My view on the menu may have also been impacted by the big breakfast, large lunch, two or three trips to the soft ice cream stand, french fries on the deck, and popcorn (and probably something else too).

I also highly recommend the sit-down breakfast in 1923. One of my particular favourites was the southern hash (with poached eggs) and the pineapple yoghurt. They also made lovely omelettes and nice crispy bacon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter