My Budget Tip

NurseMinnie

Earning My Ears
Here's my budget tip for this board: if/when you can, combine business with pleasure. For example, my mom flew to Orlando for a convention in May. How unfortunate for me...it was finals week and I couldn't follow my own advice and escape to Florida. However, since her employer paid *her* airfare and for a hotel room with two beds, she offered to let me go with her...all I would have had to pay for is my airline ticket and theme park admissions. I suppose this works better for 2 adults, since I'm not sure business travelers with young children could get a lot of work done...but it would have saved money on the hotel and rental car.

:jester:

Thanks for the post. I know a lot of people do it this way. We were able to combine a convention and WDW on one of our trips. But all that was paid for was my DH airline ticket, half the hotel room ($115 per night (2) convention room rate at Radisson Universal) and the Tiffany Town Car. Saved us a little bit.

Unfortunately, this can depend on where you work. My company strictly prohibits it.

Sherry7: what party poopers your company exec's must be.

If I were the CEO I would say that we would not support families who wish to do this UNLESS:

they were going to Orlando and WDW.

That makes all the sense in the world, now doesn't it?

bexareaglesheryl....I love your idea! I have decided to hire you as the CEO of Verizon Communications. Congratulations, you are now the proud recipient of a multi-million dollar salary, large stock options, and the ability to make the people beneath you miserable if you so choose. Don't bother using Tiffany Town Car when your plane lands (don't forget to fly first class)...I will have your private company limo waiting for you. ;)

Sherry7:

Thank you for the appointment. I accept your offer humbly and with great joy in my heart and dollars in my pocket.

My first task as CEO is to appoint you travel agent for our company. You will be in charge of all corporate travel. I will, of course have to ask you to accompany all employees to and from Orlando. Your expenses will be covered. If at all possible, I will ask that you bring a friend or family member with you. This will be at your discretion.

Please understand that you must stay on Disney property (preferably at Grand Floridian, Contemporary, Polynesian, Yacht Club or Beach Club) If you do not choose one of the above lodging choices you will have to stay an extra two days as punishment.

In addition, you will recieve Annual Passes in perpetuity to WDW and Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure. This offer extends for your lifetime and as a bonus your children and grandchildren will also be eligible with a payment of $1.

All meals will be paid for out of corporate travel account with a per diem of $300 per person (food only) per day.

As our corporate travel agent, our company has made arrangements for Mickey Mouse to greet you at the gate and give you a personal trip every 8th trip. You may opt out of this if necessary.

Please be aware that this job is not for the faint of heart or those not completely obsessed with WDW.

We look forward to you signing on as our Corporate Travel Planner. However, the company understands that this might be a hardship on you and your family, so we would also like to offer to move you and your family to Orlando. A special house could be built for you within the Magic Kingdom. We have negotiated space adjacent to Space Mountain and the Contemporary hotel. If this does not suit you, we may be able to negotiate a smaller room on the third floor of Cinderella's Castle inside Magic Kingdom. This would be an extremely tight fit however.

Thanks again for you support of me as CEO. It's not often that employees have such a supportive and integral role in choosing their executives. I count myself lucky to count myself among the DIS'ers.

Signed,

Cheryl

I am ROFLMAO!!!! You are too funny! Seriously though, I accept your generous job offer. However, right now I'd better go to bed so I can report to work tomorrow morning. I, of course, need to let my boss know I am transferring to Orlando under the direct orders of our new CEO. However, I have decided that I may need a small staff of assistants for this new job title. Any volunteers DIS'ers? :D

Where do we apply for the job??? I am willing to work long hours and have a family that would love to accompany me on my travels.
Oh well, back to reality. It certainly is nice to dream aboout though!!!
Thanks for the laughs!

I have to admit, that in all my time as avid DISer, I have never enjoyed reading one quite so much as this one.....hats off to you!

ncbyrne....you obviously have good taste and judgement. I hereby offer you a position as my administrative assistant. If you decide to accept this job offer, you will be responsible for carrying my park passes, park maps, and Passporter guide book for me while in the parks. Your job duties will also include making PS's at Disney restaurants. On occasion, you may also be called upon to carry a water bottle. This is of course, not a normal job function, so you will receive a bonus when agreeing to carry said water bottle. All hotel, ticket, airfare, meals and other travel related expenses may be charged to the corporate credit card you will receive. Please inform us of your acceptance or denial of this job position. I can be reached at 1 800-DREAM-ALOT.

wdwnutze....your job application has been accepted and approved for the title of Research Assistant. Effective immediately, you will be responsible for scanning the DIS boards on a daily basis. You will be expected to print, prioritize, and file and pertinent WDW information and forward copies of it to me on a daily basis. Of course, the company realizes that job interaction breeds a better and well informed employee. Therefore, you will be required to visit WDW for two weeks out of each month. You may charge your airfare, hotel, and other travel expenses to your corporate credit card. You are permitted to bring your spouse and children if desired. If travel is a hardship, we will arrange to purchase your current home at fair market value so you may relocate to Orlando if desired. We will be expecting reviews of all Disney restaurants as well, with a regular review of Victoria & Alberts. Your meal expenses may be charged to your corporate credit card. In addition, you will be permitted to charge a maximum of $150 per day for miscellaneous Disney related expenses. You may either use your personal vehicle and be reimbursed at the IRS rate of .325 cents per mile, or we can arrange for you to have a company vehicle while traveling from park to park. Please let me know your preference of car, so the necessary paperwork can be submitted.

Starting salaries for both of these positions begin at $100,000 per year. Annual salary increases will be based upon job performance and the agreement to ride all attractions at Disney, including but not limited to Tower of Terror, Rock n Roller Coaster, Test Track, and Alien Encounter. A full benefits package including company paid pension, 80% match 401K plan, life, health and dental insurance will be provided to you as well. I look forward to welcoming both of you into our division of Corporate Travel. You will be receiving additional information, as well as Premium Annual Passes for yourselves and your families within the week. Our duties will commence in 2 weeks and I look forward to working with you both.

Sincerely,
Sherry

My daughter and I accompanied my SIL and her daughter to Orlando for a conference last year. Since I handled the travel arrangements for her, I booked us into the Embassy Suites-Convention Center at the convention rate (yes, that covered breakfast for all of us!). I was also able to get us an electric blue Mustang convertible (after much searching!) for a discounted price (I just had to print off the rates for compact cars showing that they were the same or more to provide documentation of why we took the lower priced convertible! LOL). My SIL won't drive in Orlando, and our girls are teenagers, so I got stuck driving the convertible around - poor me! We had a wonderful time and are planning more "girls only" trips!

BTW, if bexareaglecheryl or sherry7 should ever loose their minds and go on to other jobs, please consider me as an applicant for either job! Hey, I wouldn't mind just being the limousine driver!

Hmmmm.....I hadn't considered a limo driver. Let me think about that and get back to you. ;)

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wanted the Admin Assist job !!!!!!!

PLEASE!!!!!!

As CEO,I authorize Sherry7 to hire as many Administrative Assistants as necessary to ensure that the Corporate Travel Department is run as smoothly and efficiently as possible. Remember, I do not take the Micjhael Eisner position. Do whatever it takes. However much it costs.
The costs of a corporate limo are duly approved.

If you do hire a limo driver, I do hope that you extend to him the same benefits and priveleges concerning Disney travel.

Thank you.

Cheryl,

Thank you for the approval for additional employees. Of course, all new employees will be afforded the same priviledges as our original employees.

Jgates....you are hereby offered a position as an Assistant Administration Assistant. This job includes all the benefits listed above. The salary however, is slightly lower at $90,000. Please contact us to let us know if this is suitable.

Sincerely,
Sherry

I'm applying, I'm applying! Ooooh, Ooooh, what can I do? I'll even relocate if you want! No problem. On-site consultant or something? Will use all benefits offered to assist in my position to the fullest!!!! Just let me know when I start!!

;)

Kim Raye....Okay, I guess I'll hire you too. Gee, I hope I don't get in trouble with my boss over all these hirings ;)

I want in! I want in!

I graduate in December with accounting degree, so is there anything I can do????

Family willing to relocate or travel.

Please let me in too!!!

Pegg....do you feel qualified to carry my cash, credit cards, and traveler's checks? If so, you're hired. :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter