• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

My Day on the ECV

PryncessChrysty

Merrily on our way to nowhere in particular
About a week ago I posted that I was hesitant to rent an ECV for my back problems since I'm overweight and was afraid of how I would be treated by the other guests. Well, I just wanted to let anyone who may share my concerns know that there is nothing worth fretting over (as a few of you tried to convince me of before I went)! No one, and I mean NO one, gave me a dirty look or stared, or anything. Granted, I did get a few people in my way thinking they could cut in front of me here and there, but all of my agonizing proved to be worthless. Many people were actually helpful and seemed to be understanding. My goal is to never have to rent one again, but if for some reason I did, I would not waste any of my time worrying about how I would be treated. :goodvibes

I'm so relieved to hear that. A few weeks ago, I was there with Mom (who's 73 yo) and she kept staring and giving dirty looks to people in ECVs. I was embarrassed and really hoping this wasn't the norm.

Simba's Mom said:
I'm so relieved to hear that. A few weeks ago, I was there with Mom (who's 73 yo) and she kept staring and giving dirty looks to people in ECVs. I was embarrassed and really hoping this wasn't the norm.
She must have had one busy day because every where I looked there was at least one person in an ECV. :crazy: LOL I'm sorry that you were embarassed, I would've been too. Thankfully, it isn't the norm. :goodvibes

If you were there by chance on Tuesday, Wednesday or Friday. (Or other assorted days at Downtown Disney) you may have seen me tooling around in my BRIGHT :smooth: yellow old-style scooter. (Circa 1990/1st generation ECV) I got to trading jokes with a lot of other riders about needing 'Historical Vehicle' tags on mine. :3dglasses

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter