My dd's went parasailing ! AND guess what they saw !

jiggerj

<font color=blue>There are important things to dis
This was my dd's(16 and 12) first time up parasailing. They were really excited and I think a bit nervous too. Sammy Duvalls were excellent and the ride was great. I went on the boat with them and another couple that would be parasailing too. My girls went first riding tandem and absolutely loved it ! They never got wet and just gently "floated" off the back of the boat and were gently reeled in after about 10 minutes of being up about 400 plus feet. The funny thing (well maybe not so funny) is that my youngest dd told us that when she came down that she thought she saw something in the water. The other couple went up meanwhile and the captain of the boat suddenly slowed down the boat and told us "Look an alligator !" This thing was HUGE ! He said anywhere betrween 8-12 feet ! He slowed the boat down so it timed with the poor guy up parasailing and it dropped him about 10-20 feet above the alligator ! The driver speed up the boat again which lifted the parasailer back up. When his time was up they reeled him back in and he was laughing like crazy. Thought it was one of the greatest experiences hes ever had (He was in his mid 60's!) Im glad my girls went first ! :)

Not unusual to see in Florida:hyper:

Down here, they've been known to show up in the morning in people's backyard pools!! Could you imagine getting ready to take a morning dip in the pool!!!:crazy:

Thanks for sharing a great magic moment at WDW::yes:: :wave2:

Great story! I sure wouldn't want to be that close to an alligator while hovering above the water!

jiggerj

We have reservations for parasailing 11/3 at 10am. Which height did you do? The 450 or the 600? We have to do singles due to the weight limit is 320 and we are over that limit.

By the way did you put a deposit down at the time of resv? The reason why I am asking due to the guy said this was a temp resv. That kinda puzzled me.

I loved reading your story. Thanks for sharing.
pirate:

Parasailing at WDW is a great deal of fun. My entire family did this several years ago and we had a great time.

I was up in the harness when a kid in a water mouse entered into the restricted area in front of our boat. Our boat had to slow down and I dropped a good bit. It was an interesting expierence.

I am glad that your DD had a good time.

Never mind. I posted in the wrong place!:eek:

Minybear- I believe that they were up at 400 plus feet. I had given him my cc info over the phone. They never charged my cc as I paid cash when we arrived at Sammy Duvalls. I believe the cc "holds" my time...and in case we didnt show up. Have a great time and be sure to bring your camera up with you . My daughter has some fantastic photos from up there !! (No alligator thought) :)

made ressies for my two kids to go on 11/6 at 10:00...they did not take CC nor did they give me reservation #

did anyone else get confimation # should I call back..

surprising kids with trip & parasailing. can't wait to film them...

thanks for great story. glad they enjoyed.

I just have one question re: the gator vs. the parasailor. Did the sailor say he heard the strange noise "tick tock, tick tock" when he got close enough.

Rumor has it that this gator is ACTUALLY a crocodile masquerading as a gator because Capt. Hook has been after him trying to retrieve his hand.

Just thought you'd like to know.

Loved your report, jiggerj!! I hope to do this in December with my granddaughter. I suppose I'd better call and make our reservation, huh? How far out did you reserve?

Pat

54 days and counting . . . again!

Looks like I am calling them back and checking on our resv's. This also makes me uneasy since they didn't take our cc.

I am soooo excited I am surprising me DD and we are parasailing on 11/5 as a surprise for her 9th birthday:earseek:
Are you allowed to take a video camera up with you?

I just called and confirmed our resv's and yes they do need a credit card to hold the resv.

hi i have been reading all your posts and i would love to surprise my family with this on our next trip, if possible could someone please post the number i would have to ring to reserve this for us all, thanks in advance susie :earsboy:

Wow, what a story! I'm glad the man was laughing about it!! I might have been hysterical!!!

Originally posted by tmq2766
I am soooo excited I am surprising me DD and we are parasailing on 11/5 as a surprise for her 9th birthday:earseek:
Are you allowed to take a video camera up with you?

Anyone out there know the answere?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter