My Disney ICP Adventures: Pre-summerofalifetime report! SINGLE DIGITS!

I would love to meet some DISers while working out there! So if anybody's there between June 19th and Sept 2nd, please come and say hello (when I find out where I'm working of course....). Mandy, I tried to get you to change your holiday dates, but you were having none of it..... :lmao:

We are there from 1st - 16th July so we definitely look out for you and come and say hi. Also if there is anything you are craving from the UK we can pop it in our suitcase for you so don't forget to let us know.

All this countdown business has mixed blessings for me. I am so anxious already about DD leaving, and that can only get worse as we get closer to the 19th June. I know you will all have a fantastic time and it is a wonderful opportunity, and I was way more relaxed about it back in September ... but as June approaches I am not so sure. It is a scary thing as a mother to deal with your DD flying across the world on her own for the first time. :scared1::scared1:

Hi Beth just managed to catch-up :thumbsup2

Ohhh its not long now:banana:

Cant wait to find-out what attraction you have been allocated;)

Looking forward to reading more:surfweb:

We are there from 1st - 16th July so we definitely look out for you and come and say hi. Also if there is anything you are craving from the UK we can pop it in our suitcase for you so don't forget to let us know.

All this countdown business has mixed blessings for me. I am so anxious already about DD leaving, and that can only get worse as we get closer to the 19th June. I know you will all have a fantastic time and it is a wonderful opportunity, and I was way more relaxed about it back in September ... but as June approaches I am not so sure. It is a scary thing as a mother to deal with your DD flying across the world on her own for the first time. :scared1::scared1:

Thanks Sarah, that is so kind of you :hug:

I wonder what I will miss...

My mum is exactly the same as you! I give her a daily reminder of how long is left until I leave for Gatwick airport, and as we get closer (2 weeks on Sunday :)), she gets quieter and quieter. I think my Mum is also a bit sad that we will not be saying goodbye to each other at the airport; my parents didn't fancy driving all the way to Gatwick (they're blaming it on their age haha :rotfl:) so I decided to catch the National Express from Gatwick the night before and stay in a Gatwick hotel. However, I think this may be best as I expect there would be no end of tears if we were to say our goodbyes at the airport. I keep reminding her that it's only 3 months, and she should just pretend I am away at uni like I have been for the last 4 years, but she assures me "I'm your mother - it's my job to worry!" :hug:

Will be following vigorously because I'd love to do the IP or CRP within the next 5 yearsish! eek, not long to go for you now!

Ooo, I wish I could do the CRP - a whole year spent working at Epcot! AMAZING!

So today, I filled out the last of the paperwork that had been sent to me (all contracts to sign my life away ;)) and paid the "program assessment fee". This fee is to cover the housing parties Disney throw for the college program participants, and comes in at a grand total of $104.50 :scared1: As an ex-ICPer said to me, that'll be the most expensive pizza and soda that you will ever buy :rotfl2:

I made sure I read through every single rule I was signing for in the paperwork, and I'm glad I did! Because this is definitely my favourite rule (and probably the hardest to adhere to :lmao: :lmao:):

b94bbf53.jpg

Also, while doing the paperwork, I decided to check my passport and visa were all present an correct; I hadn't seen it since I received it back from the embassy in the middle of April, but it would have been too late to do anything about it now if there were a problem. Oopsie! Thankfully, it was sitting in my Disney folder all ready to go! I forgot how bad my visa photo was :scared1: ready?!

b7986856.jpg

I have no idea what I look so p'ed off about... :goodvibes It looks like one of those police photos :laughing:!!

And one last thing: I've still been trying to find out my rough location of where I will be working this summer but with no avail unfortunately :( What I find strange is that other June 19th ICPers can be found on the system but not me :confused3 I panicked a little because what if they are not expecting me :scared1:?! But that's just silly I suppose :) I've received all the emails and the paperwork so I guess everything must be OK. Last minute nerves! Perhaps they just have no idea where to place me :confused3

Anyhow, that's enough rambling on for now - I had to type something on here as I suddenly got super excited when I just bought a box of eggs, to find their sell by date was JUNE 19th. Ha, how sad is that?! This is what the waiting is doing to me!! :scared:

b7986856.jpg

I have no idea what I look so p'ed off about... :goodvibes It looks like one of those police photos :laughing:!!

"America's Most Wanted." :laughing: :hug:

Hope your time out there is everything you are dreaming it will be. :goodvibes

I would love to meet some DISers while working out there! So if anybody's there between June 19th and Sept 2nd, please come and say hello (when I find out where I'm working of course....).

We are there the 9th-26th August and will come and say hello :wave:

Anyhow, that's enough rambling on for now - I had to type something on here as I suddenly got super excited when I just bought a box of eggs, to find their sell by date was JUNE 19th. Ha, how sad is that?! This is what the waiting is doing to me!! :scared:

:rotfl2:

Not long now! I am sure you will have an amazing time - I would love to do the CRP at some time, so I will be really interested to hear how you get on. :)

Bethan ... how do you get on the system to find out where you are working?
Not long to go now ...... we are going shopping today to see if Taryn can find some last minute bits and pieces to take. She hasn't started packing yet .... I keep nagging at her to get sorted but she keeps wanted to go off visiting friends because she "won't see them for 3 months". I have this nightmare vision of her starting the night before :scared1::scared1:

Bethan ... how do you get on the system to find out where you are working?

Well, officially we are not supposed to find out our locations but I know plenty of people do. You just contact somebody already at WDW and they can then run a quick search of your name on the employee database thingy. It's where they get they work schedules and stuff from.
Us June 19th lot are the last Uk group to head out, so there are plenty of people out there. You get the odd one who won't search for you as they think it's ruining the Disney magic lol. If she's dying to find out, can Taryn contact me? I'll give her some names :) I've given up trying so am just gonna wait and find out there. It's sooooooo hard :rotfl:

Not long to go now ...... we are going shopping today to see if Taryn can find some last minute bits and pieces to take. She hasn't started packing yet .... I keep nagging at her to get sorted but she keeps wanted to go off visiting friends because she "won't see them for 3 months". I have this nightmare vision of her starting the night before :scared1::scared1:

I haven't started packing either yet - all I know is what shorts I'm taking. I decided to try on all my summer clothes the other night so I could see what I wanted to take/leave behind. I only got onto trying all my shorts and then got bored. So I'm sorted for shorts but nothing else - who says we need tops?! Theyre so overrated haha :rotfl: but judging by that alone I know I'm gonna have trouble fitting everything in. So I think I'd better start packing sooner rather than later too! I have made a list though, so thats half the battle :) it's on my blog if Taryn wants to take a look: http://beth-john.blogspot.com/p/college-program-packing-list.html

Also, what's Taryn doing about bedding? I know lots of people just buy it on the night they arrive, but I've bought mine before I go - just means I can carry more food back to the apartment than bedding :) in ikea you can get a 4.5 tog single quilt for around £2.75 and a single quilt cover and pillow covers for around £2ish too. Ive bought a flatsheet from primarni so have my bedding sorted for around £7. The only thing I have to buy there is a pillow. I've then bought a vacuum pack for a £1 from poundland and vacuumed the life out of it. I got bit carried away with that and had a great time vacuum packing everything I could find!

Well, officially we are not supposed to find out our locations but I know plenty of people do. You just contact somebody already at WDW and they can then run a quick search of your name on the employee database thingy. It's where they get they work schedules and stuff from.
Us June 19th lot are the last Uk group to head out, so there are plenty of people out there. You get the odd one who won't search for you as they think it's ruining the Disney magic lol. If she's dying to find out, can Taryn contact me? I'll give her some names :) I've given up trying so am just gonna wait and find out there. It's sooooooo hard :rotfl:

I haven't started packing either yet - all I know is what shorts I'm taking. I decided to try on all my summer clothes the other night so I could see what I wanted to take/leave behind. I only got onto trying all my shorts and then got bored. So I'm sorted for shorts but nothing else - who says we need tops?! Theyre so overrated haha :rotfl: but judging by that alone I know I'm gonna have trouble fitting everything in. So I think I'd better start packing sooner rather than later too! I have made a list though, so thats half the battle :) it's on my blog if Taryn wants to take a look: http://beth-john.blogspot.com/p/college-program-packing-list.html

Also, what's Taryn doing about bedding? I know lots of people just buy it on the night they arrive, but I've bought mine before I go - just means I can carry more food back to the apartment than bedding :) in ikea you can get a 4.5 tog single quilt for around £2.75 and a single quilt cover and pillow covers for around £2ish too. Ive bought a flatsheet from primarni so have my bedding sorted for around £7. The only thing I have to buy there is a pillow. I've then bought a vacuum pack for a £1 from poundland and vacuumed the life out of it. I got bit carried away with that and had a great time vacuum packing everything I could find!

I think she will buy it when she gets there I think .... that is a great deal from Ikea, but we don't have one local and i don't think we will have time to go before she goes. Thanks for the packing list, that will be really useful as Taryn is so dippy sometimes. She may well turn up missing something vital like underwear !!

I will let her know about the possibility of finding out before she goes and get her to contact you if she wants to find out. I think it would be nice to wait and have a surprise ..... bit like having a baby :rotfl2::rotfl2:

I need everybody on their feet please, because it's time to...

:cool1: SINGLE DIGIT DANCE!! :cool1:

Yes, I can't believe it is only 9 days until jumping onto that plane and checking in to the ICP!

And in true Bethan-style, i still feel horribly underprepared! :confused3 Think I may need to start packing today, although I can just see myself getting carried away with the vacuum bags again...

I won't start it straight away though. Need to finish dancing first!

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

:yay::woohoo::yay::woohoo::yay::woohoo::yay::woohoo::yay::woohoo:

gosh thats come around quick :goodvibes

I am definitely NOT READY !!!!

However I feel I must pop on my dancing shoes because you and Taryn and all the other ICP peeps are going to have the experience of your life !!

:dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3:

Not long now :woohoo: if you want to vacuum pack more things please pop around mine! I am sooooooo excited for you.:dance3:

Woop...we're dancing for you here too Beth!

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Now, get packing! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter