My Disneyland dining reviews, with pictures

Went with a larger group yesterday so we sampled lots of different things. I made a point to take pictures.

First, apparently they ran out of the digital S&S passes. I was surprised that, for the last two days of the festival, they made traditional S&S cards with snap off tabs.

Edit: Based on longtimedisneylurker's comment below, it sounds like they ran out of the digital cards six days before the end of the festival.

1708288451390.png

Bulgogi Pizza (LNY)

1708289385732.png

Shrimp Lo Mein Noodles (LNY)

1708289524522.png

Quesabirria Eggroll (LNY)
1708289768223.png

Red Spice Fried Chicken Bites (LNY) - This was spicy. I ate it with the lo mein noodles to cut the heat.

1708289949474.png

BBQ Pork Bun (LNY) - looked pretty, but would have tasted better without the mayo

1708290383826.png

Pork & Vegetable Dumplings (LNY) - pretty generic but the dipping sauce was good.

1708290625680.png

Milk Tea Taro Cheesecake (LNY) - Texture was not like cheesecake and flavor was just meh.

1708290883512.png

Mandarin Orange Mousse Cake (LNY) - This had many layers of both taste and texture. I liked that it wasn't a generic dessert. It isn't something that I would crave or need to get a second time, but it was much better than the taro cheesecake.

1708291108806.png

1708291212975.png

Last edited:
Jolly Holliday
S'mores Tart - the filling was great but I didn't think it worked with the crust. The marshmallow was more decorative as it wasn't easy to cut. It fell off the top which made it difficult to get marshmallow in each bite.

1708291575462.png

Banoffee Pie - I bought this on a whim because I didn't think the s'mores tart was large enough for everyone to share. The Banoffee Pie is non assuming but tastes great! Everyone in our group liked it. Most liked it more than the s'mores tart which says a lot!

1708291826908.png

River Belle Terrace Dinner

Dinner Platter - This was a huge and everything tasted great! The description says fried chicken and brisket. The third meat item (burnt ends?) wasn't included in the description. Everyone in our party liked this. The chicken and brisket were very tender. The mashed potatoes were a little thin but had good flavor. I should have thrown a utensil on the platter to give an idea of portion size. The brisket was approx. 8 inches long and the biscuit was approx. 5 inches (it is covered with the brisket and mashed potato in the photo). Will definitely order again if I am back at River Belle before the end of April.

1708293353383.png

BBQ Burnt Ends Pasta - This was also good. It was mostly pasta and mushrooms and not many burnt ends. It was creamy and a nice sized portion. We preferred the platter over the pasta.

1708293817054.png

Went with a larger group yesterday so we sampled lots of different things. I made a point to take pictures.

First, apparently they ran out of the digital S&S passes. I was surprised that, for the last two days of the festival, they made traditional S&S cards with snap off tabs.

View attachment 835091

We purchased a sip and savor card on February 10 and another on February 11. Both times we received the new digital cards. On Monday, February 12 we passed dozens of people wearing the tab card you pictured. We were surprised they had run out of the digital cards a full week early and they had ready-printed tab cards available.

We purchased a sip and savor card on February 10 and another on February 11. Both times we received the new digital cards. On Monday, February 12 we passed dozens of people wearing the tab card you pictured. We were surprised they had run out of the digital cards a full week early and they had ready-printed tab cards available.
I was thinking the same thing. I'm wondering if the digital cards were too difficult to explain so they went back to the tab version. We'll see which version they use with for Food & Wine.

When we were checking in at River Belle, there was a man arguing with the hostess because he wanted to make a reservation and didn't want to have to download the Disneyland App. While the powers that be might feel that an app is easier, not everyone wants to be on their phone all day.

Blackberry Sky Splash ($6.29) and Breakfast Bagel Sandwich ($10.99) from Galactic Grill.

I really liked both of these. The drink would have been even better on a hot day, as opposed to a rainy day.

S'mores Tart ($6.49) from Jolly Holiday.
That S'mores Tart looks really good! Was the Blackberry Sky Splash very sweet?

Edit: Based on longtimedisneylurker's comment below, it sounds like they ran out of the digital cards six days before the end of the festival.

View attachment 835091

Bulgogi Pizza (LNY)

View attachment 835095

Shrimp Lo Mein Noodles (LNY)

View attachment 835096

Quesabirria Eggroll (LNY)
View attachment 835097

Red Spice Fried Chicken Bites (LNY) - This was spicy. I ate it with the lo mein noodles to cut the heat.

View attachment 835098

BBQ Pork Bun (LNY) - looked pretty, but would have tasted better without the mayo

View attachment 835099

Pork & Vegetable Dumplings (LNY) - pretty generic but the dipping sauce was good.

View attachment 835100

Milk Tea Taro Cheesecake (LNY) - Texture was not like cheesecake and flavor was just meh.

View attachment 835101

Mandarin Orange Mousse Cake (LNY) - This had many layers of both taste and texture. I liked that it wasn't a generic dessert. It isn't something that I would crave or need to get a second time, but it was much better than the taro cheesecake.

View attachment 835112

View attachment 835113
That orange cake looks so good! Dumplings are my favorite, I'd love to try the pork and vegetable ones. The pizza looks great, too.

Jolly Holliday
S'mores Tart - the filling was great but I didn't think it worked with the crust. The marshmallow was more decorative as it wasn't easy to cut. It fell off the top which made it difficult to get marshmallow in each bite.

View attachment 835114

Banoffee Pie - I bought this on a whim because I didn't think the s'mores tart was large enough for everyone to share. The Banoffee Pie is non assuming but tastes great! Everyone in our group liked it. Most liked it more than the s'mores tart which says a lot!

View attachment 835115
The Bonaffee pie looks delicious. Is it all cream inside? I've never had one before.

Quick visit to the parks today, but we waited around for Troubadour Tavern to open so we could try their Celebrate Soulfully menu. It was only offered last weekend and this weekend.

Fried Chicken Bowl: Spicy honey-glazed fried chicken served with four-cheese mac n cheese, smoked turkey collard greens and sweet potato cornbread.

Sweet Potato Pecan Pie

1708821583220.png

LKing, how was it? Looks good!
I'll share what I mentioned in the Celebrate Soulfully thread. They only offered these items on Feb 16-18 and Feb 23-25.

The bowl wasn't nearly as good as the other offerings across the park. I like Tiana's and Cafe Orleans and enjoyed the Celebrate Soulfully specialties at River Belle. The chicken in this bowl wasn't fried chicken. It was more like two breaded chicken tenderloins with a slightly sweet flavor. I didn't care for the collard greens. I'm not sure if it was the texture or the smoked flavor, but they were not my favorite. The mac n cheese was good. It was very creamy. The sweet potato cornbread was amazing! It was cornbread on the outside with a sweet potato core. I would buy the sweet potato cornbread again if they sold it separately (ex. offered it as an option at Tiana's Palace).

The sweet potato pecan pie was interesting. It was sweeter than I expected. It was a layer of pecans and a layer of sweetened sweet potato, covered in marshmallows. It was good. The pecans were irregular in size. Some were small (diced) and others too big (maybe 1/8 of a pecan lengthwise). The big pieces made it difficult to cut into the pie. Your spoon was diverted because a piece of large pecan was in the way. It is difficult to describe, but imagine a creamy pie in an Oreo cookie crust. As you cut your pieces, you run into larger chunks of Oreo, making it difficult to make straight slices.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter