My FIRST post. Bob. Our Community.

WaDiWo

WDWFan!
So many have already expressed wonderfully thoughtful comments and touching tributes regarding our friend Bob. I cannot even begin to be as eloquent as many of you have in expressing our collective sadness, but something like this has compelled me to write my first post...

I am proud of this community. I think that it's absolutely magical that a population who knows each other largely only on the internet of all places can truly come together with one common interest. Whether we were active on the boards, or called or emailed the podcast often, or like many of us stayed silent and just enjoyed the ride, we are bound by a common love of all things Disney and especially, Walt Disney World.

Along the way, what I didn't realize until today was how personal the podcast is. Moreso than radio shows, TV shows, and movies, the podcast is personal, hosted by real people, not characters, I believe showing their true personalities.

That is why we connected with Bob Varley.

Thank you Bob. Thank you Pete, Kevin, John, Julie, and Corey. Thank you Regina, Will, and others involved who are often unappreciated.

And thank you to the DISBoards and DISUnplugged community. Today proved the goodness and emotion and true connectedness of people in general. I'm sure you would all agree that Bob is proud of us too, and is happy to see the magic of this community continue.

WaDiWo

WaDiWo -

What a wonderful first post.. Please don't be a stranger.. Join us as we share the magic Bob felt, saw and shared with all of us

Very well put. I don't post often as well, but the dis board members feel like comrades and the podcast crew are like family. Thank you for caring!

Very well said, and though I wish the circumstances were happier, Welcome to the Disboards.

I also do not post often but have listened to the podcast since the beginning and what you have said summed my thoughts perfectly. Thank you for posting and sharing.

So many have already expressed wonderfully thoughtful comments and touching tributes regarding our friend Bob. I cannot even begin to be as eloquent as many of you have in expressing our collective sadness, but something like this has compelled me to write my first post...

I am proud of this community. I think that it's absolutely magical that a population who knows each other largely only on the internet of all places can truly come together with one common interest. Whether we were active on the boards, or called or emailed the podcast often, or like many of us stayed silent and just enjoyed the ride, we are bound by a common love of all things Disney and especially, Walt Disney World.

Along the way, what I didn't realize until today was how personal the podcast is. Moreso than radio shows, TV shows, and movies, the podcast is personal, hosted by real people, not characters, I believe showing their true personalities.

That is why we connected with Bob Varley.

Thank you Bob. Thank you Pete, Kevin, John, Julie, and Corey. Thank you Regina, Will, and others involved who are often unappreciated.

And thank you to the DISBoards and DISUnplugged community. Today proved the goodness and emotion and true connectedness of people in general. I'm sure you would all agree that Bob is proud of us too, and is happy to see the magic of this community continue.

WaDiWo

Here here! Beautifully said. As Amy said, I wish we could have met under much happier circumstances. Welcome to our family.

WaDiWo, I think you posted quite eloquently. As a new poster on the Boards, I agree with your sentiments. I was surprised at how heart-broken I was upon reading Pete's post, but I now know I am not alone. It is good to have a community who understands my emotions and is going through this with me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter