• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

My latest attempt at a complete Trip Report...WE R BACK! Sept 2014 TR! 10/31 UPDATE

Best of LUCK being a reservation agent in Anaheim! Would like to do something similar when we retire at WDW! Exiting! BEST of LUCK to both of you in your new jobs! Exciting!

Thanks! It's so strange, I stayed in one job for about 16 years and then two years ago I took a job in a whole new environment, doing very new stuff. As it turns out, that "stuff" just isn't working well for me, so the new position here should return me back to doing things that I enjoy more. I guess as we get older we find that life is too short to do stuff we don't want to do any longer! :)

I'm BACK! :)

Figured I'd try to get in ONE MORE UPDATE before I got on my NEXT trip. We leave tomorrow!! :cool1: :cool1:

I'm not even sure my memory will work out well for this one, but we'll see how I do here.

For reference, here was my original plan:

Day 3: HS MK Frozen Fireworks: This is our Hollywood Studios day, so plan to head there in the morning. We'll get in a few rides and then take a break for pool or waterpark, weather permitting. I have my ONE and ONLY FP+ reservation for all 7 of us for 7DMT at 5pm this day, so if we haven't had the chance to ride it yet (Wed or Thurs) then we'll head over to MK quickly to get in that ride. I'm honestly hoping we don't have to do that. If we can catch 7DMT at park opening on Day 2, and then do it again at night for MNSSHP I think we'll be okay. Dinner that night might be OKTOBERFEST, as Shades of Green is having a Bavarian Buffet. We then need to plan to head BACK to HS sometime that even to experience the Frozen Fireworks, since they are only going on Fri/Sat/Sun.

Now let's see what I can remember. We did to Hollywood Studios for sure this day. I remember arriving before park opening, or close to it, and just the lines for BAG CHECK were huge. HINT: Line up to the far right (as you are facing the gates/park) because I noticed there were empty bag check tables there and they continued to open new ones to that side, so I kept leaving my line to get in a shorter and shorter one. My MIL on her scooter was stuck in her line...forever!

We headed directly to Toy Story Mania, knowing we did not have a Fastpass and wanted to ride it for sure. The line was long already...but we knew it was our only shot. I think we waited 30 minutes or so? I know once we reached the area right before the steps we got to go through a side door with the scooter to wait in that area for the next car there.

This was not one of my better games at all...I'm on the right:

What we definitely noticed this day was the CROWDS. It was supposed to be a light crowd day, but I suspect because this was a Friday and also the LAST weekend of the Frozen events (many of them) at HS, there were extra people in the park. It really seemed quite crazy.

Which is why we were EXTRA thankful for the FP+ reservations we did have that day. I had managed to cancel our previous 7DMT FP+ once we got on the ride before, so I booked rides for HS instead. I don't recall all three, but I know for sure we had RnRC and ToT booked for the later morning/early afternoon. This was a good thing because I do remember the wait for ToT when we arrived sometime early afternoon (11/12ish) was FIFTY 50 minutes! :crazy2:

Anyway I think after TSM we walked towards ToT and ended up stopping in one of my FAVORITE places first: Animation Academy.

My family does indulge me in this one, even though they don't enjoy it as much:

I wasn't thrilled with the character chosen, but here is my final product:

So I think next up may have been Tower:

LOVE this one, though it's not a favorite for everybody.

Pretty sure we were having thoughts of food by this point...so where would we go??

Still have to finish this one...I know. Between our Thanksgiving trip and the holidays, and planning our NEXT Disney vacation, I haven't been back here very much. Hopefully soon..... ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter