My loooong overdue trip report

Robo-Daddy 3000

DIS Veteran
This is long overdue but here is my trip report for our first trip home 8/26-31 at OKW.

Landed on time and Garden Grocer called right after I turned my cell back on and said that they were delivering our order-good. Magical Express service took too long this time around-not good. We waited an hour for a bus to take us to OKW-not fun. I was happy to find that our room was ready when we arrived which was around 5pm. We had a 1br in room 6414-first floor in one of the elevator buildings. Two days into our trip, there was a knock on our door. It was luggage being delivered from ME from the airport for us... except it wasn't ours! It was for room for 6214-oops!:confused3

We used the check in service for Jet Blue at OKW when we left and it was so easy and convenient.

Loved the room-there was soooo much space. No complaints at all. We called to have the GG order delivered to our room but after waiting 30 minutes we gave up and headed to the MK. We got back close to 12am and called again and finally got our food delivered.

We basically would do a park in the morning and get back to OKW for lunch and then off to the pool. The pool was great at OKW. Kids had lots of fun. The slide as awesome too but I was little disturbed by how many people (mostly adults) would not follow the rules for their own safety and simply ignore the life guards warnings. :mad:

This was our first time doing the water parks and we had a blast there too. Getting the PAP was definitely a good move for us. Disney Quest was a real disappointment for the most part. Too noisy, too smelly, too hard to get around although my DS12 and DD8 loved it.

We ate breakfast and lunch in our rooms and then it was out for dinner somewhere different every night (Rainforest Cafe-good, Marrakesh-better, California Grill-best). And LaNouba was outstanding. Wasn't sure if the kids would enjoy it but they were mesmerized throughout the show.

Bus service from OKW was fine. Wait times could range up to 15 minutes but most times it was less than that. Bus service to OKW was not as good. We waited nearly 30 minutes for a bus back to OKW from the MK in the middle of the day. The longest trip back to OKW was leaving the CR after watching Wishes outside on the roof (incredible). We got on a bus at CR to DTD and from there waited another 30 minutes for a bus to OKW. I did get to speak with a driver on the trip back to OKW and he was explaining to me all about the new GPS system for the bus drivers and how they are going to be directed all over the property now as needed and how some of the older drivers are really apprehensive about all the changes. The way he explained it to me, it sounds like a big improvement.

We just loved our first trip as DVC members and can't wait for our second, and third, and fourth........ :cloud9:

Thanks for the trip report. Can you tell me more about viewing Wishes from the rooftop of the CR? Were you allowed to just go up, or were you allowed only because you dined at the California Grill first?

To view Wishes from the roof, you have to have a reservation at CG. We had a 5:40pm reservation and got there a few minutes late so we were seated by 6pm and finished around 8pm or so. Wishes started at 9pm. We could have left the restaurant (which had gotten very crowded) and come back up for Wishes but we decided to just stay up there and pick out a good spot to watch the show. It was a real highlight of the trip for us-very special.

To view Wishes from the roof, you have to have a reservation at CG. We had a 5:40pm reservation and got there a few minutes late so we were seated by 6pm and finished around 8pm or so. Wishes started at 9pm. We could have left the restaurant (which had gotten very crowded) and come back up for Wishes but we decided to just stay up there and pick out a good spot to watch the show. It was a real highlight of the trip for us-very special.

Thank you for this information. I thought you had to be eating when Wishes was taking place to view them. Was there any place to sit while you waited for about an hour?

Bobbi:goodvibes

PS. I'm sorry to hear about the long wait for the ME bus. My DCuz came into Pop on Sept. 15th, she waited about an hour too and was all ready to look for other transportation.

Thank you for this information. I thought you had to be eating when Wishes was taking place to view them. Was there any place to sit while you waited for about an hour?

PS. I'm sorry to hear about the long wait for the ME bus. My DCuz came into Pop on Sept. 15th, she waited about an hour too and was all ready to look for other transportation.

Its probably better to eat early at CG and wait for the fireworks, then eat
later and wait for a a table to eat. There seemed to be a big back-up for tables when we were leaving around 8pm.

No place to sit outside while you wait unfortunately. DW and I leaned on the railings while the kids sat on the floor/ground on the roof while we waited. Of course, you are staring at the MK for an hour so there is plenty to see while you wait for it to get dark. 15-20 minutes before the show was going to begin, it did start getting crowded outside.

Thank you for the info. I now have a CG dinner reservation for my birthday celebration.

Well, I can't think of a better place to spend a birthday. You are sure to have a happy birthday and a magical evening, Bobbi. Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter