My Maleficent Bleach Shirt

jenninaustin

Mouseketeer
We'd made Mickey bleach shirts for our MK day and once I was describing how it worked to someone who was reading my trip report, I realized I wanted to do a Maleficent bleach shirt too - I love how it turned out!!

UssG1Tv.png

Love it!!!

Thanks, guys! I'm SOOOO looking forward to tomorrow so I can wear it. I ALMOST wore it to work today but I'm working on trying to be slightly more professional so I decided against it.

I'm now inspired to do a whole series...Tigger, Pooh, Mary Poppins.... :hyper:

Who knows....maybe I could sell a few? (Nah...that might take organization and work....)

:goodvibes

Mary Poppins would be awesome!!

I've seen a great tattoo of her silhouette with her umbrella and that would make a great t-Shirt.

I love it!

I might be accompanying DH to a meeting in Sept and we might be able to attend Mnsshp for the first time. But we will be in serious need of costumes. DH is very anti-costume and I am very anti-being hot and sweaty so it's a pickle for sure

Maybe your technique could be used for a few ideas I'm kicking around. I like the look.

Well done!

Mary Poppins would be awesome!!

I've seen a great tattoo of her silhouette with her umbrella and that would make a great t-Shirt.

I agree! I bought a navy blue t-shirt a few days ago and washed it - I plan to Mary Poppins that baby up. If it works I'll post a pic!

I love it!

I might be accompanying DH to a meeting in Sept and we might be able to attend Mnsshp for the first time. But we will be in serious need of costumes. DH is very anti-costume and I am very anti-being hot and sweaty so it's a pickle for sure

Maybe your technique could be used for a few ideas I'm kicking around. I like the look.

Well done!

show me if you do! So jealous you guys get to go there for meetings! :)

Thanks!

Have you posted directions on how to do it (or the mickey shirts)? I've been looking to DIY some Mickey shirts and wrap them up and give them to the kids as a way to tell them we are going to DW, but I'm not sure how to do it!

I would love e tutorial on how to do this, or yes put them up for trade/sale!
they are lovely !

Please remember the DIS does not allow you to sell your items on the boards. (not saying this is what you are doing... just a reminder)

Those are very cool shirts!! Great job!!

We'd made Mickey bleach shirts for our MK day and once I was describing how it worked to someone who was reading my trip report, I realized I wanted to do a Maleficent bleach shirt too - I love how it turned out!!

So cool! How did you do it? Contact paper for the silhouette?

I feel bad - I hadn't checked this post in a bit. I didn't mean to leave anyone hanging. I've been going bleach shirt CRAZY and I won't post about it here b/c I'm not supposed to do that (and I don't want to break the rules of course!) but I've been making so many different ones.
BUT - for those of you wanting more directions - here you go and sorry for the delay!

Note -these are for the ConTACT paper directions (I got a huge roll at Target - that's just how it comes and I think I'll be set for a year with this roll!) but I've also started making a few hard stencils out of some stencil paper I ordered on Amazon. It works well also but I'll probably just make those for patterns that are very popular. Happy to give other tips to crafters - These shirts are super fun to do!

This is how our family made our Mickey shirts that you can see in my TR on our MK day. (link in signature)

1. pick out your cheapo cotton shirts from Michael's (or wherever), preferably using a sale or a coupon or both. In Austin, Joann's has a much better selection of colors but I'm sure that varies from town to town! ;) We all picked out the color we wanted. My daughter preferred black and my son preferred pink. My husband would've wanted a darker green but he was fine with that neon-y color.

2. Wash and dry your shirts.

3. Find a Mickey shape online (or any other shape) and blow it up on the copier if it's not the size you want for your shirt. Cut that baby out so you now have something to trace.

4. Trace it onto clear Contact paper. I was hoping to find that at the dollar store, but no go. I got it at Target. And it came in a huge roll.

5. Cut the shape out of the Contact paper now that it's drawn onto it.

6. Peel the shape off and put sticky side down where you want it on the shirt.

7. Mix 1/2 bleach and 1/2 water in a spray bottle - spread the shirt outside and spray that THANG! (NOTE - I've realized that for some colors - lighter colors - it helps if I have a bit more water than bleach)

8. Here's the trick - you don't want to get too close or go too crazy heavy or you will end up with the bleach seeping under the sticker like it did on my son's shirt. (He was fine with the odd shape). My husband did his perfectly (of course - computer programmer) with a fine mist everywhere.

9. You won't see the bleach effects right away except on the black one but they will show up! Post a picture if you do it !

Have fun! Send me pics if you guys make any!

Oops! I forgot to post my Mary Poppins picture for BernardandMissBianca. :)

At first I was a bit upset that the bleach wasn't as strong at the top but then I liked how she was lifting up into the London sky. Silver linings, you know? ;)

20oRpfLl.png

Thanks for the directions jenninaustin! Can't wait to try this before our trip in October!

At first I was a bit upset that the bleach wasn't as strong at the top but then I liked how she was lifting up into the London sky. Silver linings, you know? ;)

20oRpfLl.png

LOVE IT!!! That is the image I saw on a tattoo. It's perfect. I like the effect of it getting darker too. You don't want it super even.

So unique. I love how this turned out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter