My points and my sons school

rentingspace

love life & live it!! Love my boys!
Hi, Not sure if I can do this or if I should. Could I get some advice?:confused3 My son goes to a special needs school for Autism(non-profit). The school is having an auction to help pay for supplies etc. Here's my question. Should I or yet can I make a reservation for a couple of days and have the school auction that. The auction of course is only for the school and friends it's not on ebay or anything. What do you folks thinK:confused3 I wouldn't be selling my points I would actually be giving away in my terms my vacation., but yet the school would get the money. Thanks for any advice.:flower3:

Ys, you can do that. There are two ways to go about it. You can make a reservation now for the auction in your name and change the name after the auction -or- list the accomodation type, let them pick the resort and dates - with restrictions like no Fri and Sat nights, subject to availability, and then list the season dates you are wiling to use your points for..assuming you wouldn't want to use Premier Season points ;) What ever you are most comfortable with...they are YOUR points.

Another member reported that with a similar auction, another parent had a travel agency...the agency got the airfare and the member got the accomodations and they auctioned it as a package.

I donated to our local school...we had an auction. If you PM me I can send you a copy of the auction material I put together. I had color photo's, rules, locations, etc.....everything you need to auction off your points....If interested, I would be glad to share it w/ you...GOOD LUCK!! I raised over 1K on a 4 night auction....

I too donated a 5 night stay for our son's private High School about 10 years ago. It was a silent auction, and was a very successful part of the fund raiser when it was combined with frequetn flyer miles.

As noted, you can do it. Per the IRS, it is not tax deductible as a donation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter