My Shoe Search Experience

MrToadsWildRide

Mouseketeer
The following events actually happened.

So I'm in the Christmas Store at Hollywood Studios. We're looking for one of those princess shoe holiday ornaments. The one for Sally, from Nightmare Before Christmas. Why? Because its like crazy hard to find. Anybody can buy anything that's sitting in front of them, but where's the fun and adventure in that?

A happy, smiling, young Cast Member comes over and asks if she can help. "Why yes, I'm looking for a Sally shoe ornament, do you have one?"

She says they do not. I ask her if she knows where I can find one. She says she'd search their database, but their computer (the special one in back) is down. She tells me to go over to the store across the way. They can search for me.

So I go across the way and ask if someone can search the database for a Sally shoe. The person says, "Sure." They go in back for a while and come back with a print out of locations that have the shoe. Awesome.

Even more awesome is that the printout shows the store I was just in actually has several Sally shoes. Well, at least I don't have to walk far. Though it seems odd that the first CM I talked to didn't know it.

So I go back across the way, back into the Christmas store and walk back up to the happy, smiling young CM and show her the list. I'm smiling like a puppy who just went wee-wee outside for the very first time, waiting for my "Atta-boy!"

She takes the list from my hand. (I didn't offer it to her) She waves her other hand past her face and her smile is instantly replace by a frown.

"Where did you get this list?" she asks.

"I got it from a cast member across the way. Remember me? You told me to go across the way and have them search the database for the Sally shoe. They gave this list of locations that have the shoe. It says your store has the shoe. Isn't that great? It is great, right?"

"You are not allowed to have these lists. They should not have printed this list out," she says.

As my brain re-winds the events, searching for the part I did wrong, she says, "Who gave you this list? Never mind. I'm pretty sure I know who did. I will talk to her."

"But, the shoe. It says you have the shoe."

"As I mentioned before, we do not have the shoe. The inventory list is wrong. Often times the list shows a store has one or two items, but that is not the case. Quantities that low essentially mean zero."

"Well there are other stores on the list. May I have it back so that I can continue my quest to find the shoe?"

What happened next was one of those slow motion life events you hear other people talk about, but never happens to you.

She says, "As I said, they should have never given you this list," and she actually starts tearing up the list. Right in front of me.

You'd think she was Darth and just told who my Father was.

"Noooooo .... !"

At this point, the only thing she could have said that would have made my experience complete was, "No shoe for you!"

I left the store, mumbling to myself, "I asked about a shoe. She said go next door. Ask them. They'll tell you where to find it. I got a list. I went back. Showed her the list. She threw me out. I don't have a shoe..."

That was several weeks ago.

I have been to many merchandise stores.

The shoe has yet to drop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter