My thoughts on the HRH pool

perdidobay

<font color=green>Will work for travel ;-)<br><fon
I loved the look of the pool at HRH and enjoyed the dive in movie on Friday night (Spinal Tap), but I wish the pool was a little deeper.... also I liked the beach area and the hot tub (it was plenty hot)
Lots of chairs and lounges and the landscaping was beautiful. :)

Tell me more about this movie....Is it something they do every Friday night out by the pool???

Our first night is Friday Night that sounds fun. Also how long is the slide? And how deep at the bottom? Thanks.

the dive in movies are on either Friday or Saturday nights, they put up a large screen - tv thing ? by the beach side of the pool and you can float or swim around while watching the movie. I don't know how long the slide is, I didn't go near it:) but it looked pretty long from a distance.... the pool is 4' 9" at the deepest part. It starts on the beach side as a sloping entry and is deepest as you get closest to the hotel side.

Do they have towels at the pool you can use? I've heard different stories. HOw about floats? I'm crossing my fingers right now, they are predicting rain for Monday and Tuesday

Originally posted by lynn kelley
Do they have towels at the pool you can use? I've heard different stories. HOw about floats? I'm crossing my fingers right now, they are predicting rain for Monday and Tuesday

They have towels by the pool. As for floats they have them at the Villa pool at PBH, but I've never seen them at HRH. The Dive-In movies are so much fun!! Don't worry about rain, weather forecasters in Fl. are always wrong! :)

When we were there we went over to the Walgreens a few blocks away and picked up a few of those foam "noodle" floats for a couple dollars each. The kids had a blast with them and we just left them behind for others to enjoy when we knew it was our last time at the pool.
I do not know if it is still there, but we also enjoyed playing the basketball game in the pool. There were several balls floating about, and a hoop near the snack bar.
We also watched a family playing on the giant sized chess/checker game near the pool.
:jester:

and oh yes they had lots of soft luxurious towels available at poolside.

Hey,

I wonder if we were there the same time you were. The last day of our stay in late October, there were noodles floating in the water. I wonder if they were the ones you left.

Mike :)

When we were there last August there was a chess piece missing, we didnt get over to see if it was replaced in January. DD and DH love playing ping pong and had a blast with that. Hope something good will be showing in April when we go. (14 more days).

Patty

Originally posted by Mike J
Hey,

I wonder if we were there the same time you were. The last day of our stay in late October, there were noodles floating in the water. I wonder if they were the ones you left.

Mike :)

We were there October 7 till the 11th, so it is possible, but somehow I am sure I am not the only one that's done it. Wouldn't that be funny tho? lol
Reminds me of something I read on the Dis Vacation club board about people leaving hidden things in certain often requested rooms to see if others can find them.
:jester:

Originally posted by pathubia
When we were there last August there was a chess piece missing, we didnt get over to see if it was replaced in January. DD and DH love playing ping pong and had a blast with that. Hope something good will be showing in April when we go. (14 more days).
Patty

Ya know the last time I was there in Jan. they only had the checkers, the guy at the pool said all the chess pieces were either stolen or broken! what a shame.
BTW Suzy, we have done the same thing, bought noodles or floats & gave them to a family with a lot of kids when we left, then I tell them to do the same. I wonder how long that goes on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter