My tween has asked for a fancy dinner

From that list Flying Fish and Topolino have been on POINT! Citricos was in our top 3 last trip in November also. Jiko is awesome as always. California Grill RIP for our family since they reimagined it years ago. Just won't do it again. Hate on me but just my opinion. You mention duck. Morimoto has duck. No one will share it with me in my family so I never had it but talked to a local couple next to us last trip who goes for it once a week I guess. lol It does look good. My grandmother always made me duck growing up. Narcossee's another one where you can't go wrong.

If our kids like duck I think you should give that a try. It's not a "fancy" place compared t some of the others mentioned but our meals are always good.

I think right now Topolino, Flying Fish, and Citricos are the best most consistent "fancier" places for our family.

Il Mulino is always good too. Pretty consistent.
I’ve heard only good things about Morimoto. It’s funny about the duck. Our oldest only recently had it and loved it. Got to tell the chef it was the best meal of his life 😂. That’s what spurred the “fancy dinner” request.

If you choose Jiko ask the waiter or host to explain the restaurant to you. The decor and layout has a story that’s interesting. Also Jiko has a pizza “bar” type area that has maybe 6 stools that is inside the restaurant not the bar outside the restaurant. At this bar is a clay oven where the chefs make the flatbreads and salads and it real interesting to sit there and they talk to you and explain what they are doing. It really enhances the experience as opposed to sitting at a table. We always sit there and often the chefs would give us a sample of what they were making LOL
I love interactive dinners like this.

The yachtsman food was great, but the service was soooo slow, we were there 2 1/2 hours, just to eat dinner! Topolinos was just okay in my opinion! Haven’t eaten at California grill but have plans to! our favorites are Le Cellier and Steakhouse 71 in the comtemporary! Steakhouse 71 food is good and the prices aren’t terrible!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter