My yard is filled with butterflies!!!!!!

Barb

A DIS Original!
My Butterfly Bushes always grow to enormous heights. This year, even with the drought situation, is no different. And, the butterflies are everywhere! It's incredible! The bushes are swarming with beautiful butterflies. I love just standing there and watching. :)

That sounds very cool Barb! :) :) Any chance of getting a picture?

I know Shep has a butterfly bush, and I'm sure some of the other Buds do too. I wonder if their's are as busy as yours? :)

Sounds beautiful. I bet my boys would go crazy trying to catch all of those butterflies!

Your "beginner" :) butterfly bush looks great Glinda, thank you for the pic! I think I have the same snapdragons as you, and they're bending over just like yours....lol! :) Love the gazebo painted white!

Flutter bye..butterfly....:)

I would love to get a picture for you. I'll see if I can convince my DH to help me with it, using the digital camera.
Glinda, your pictures are beautiful!

Yes.!!!
The butterfly bush is doing a great job attracting the little beauties..
Question..
I have a little thing flying near it that kinda looks like a bumblebee but isn't and it isn't a hummingbird....
what the heck is it???:confused:

Dunno. It's not a dragonfly, is it?

I know the flying thing you're talking about, Shep. We have that, too. I have no clue what it is, but it's funny looking.
I went out to get pictures and wouldn't you know it, there weren't that many butterflies hanging around. I'll keep trying, though! Thanks for the offer, Mark!

Barb, Shep, can you give us a more detailed description? This is very curious!

:)

*glad to see you've got you're icon back Barb! :)

It sort of looks like a bumble bee without the stripes. But it's a little thinner. It actually looks like some kind of moth (it's that color) without big wings. The wings are small. Does this help? LOL ;)

Thanks, Kim. :) :teeth:

I have the same mystery flying thing. I went out to take pics of the butterflies and wouldn't you know it they left but this guy hung around. It was so interesting to watch. I'll post it later today hopefully. My thought was that it was a moth but it's big and behaves like a hummingbird. Fuzzy and does have a stripe.. well you'll see.

I was thinking the same thing Glinda..
It has a stripe like a bumble bee but is very graceful..:)

Not sure what everyone is talking but there is a moth that loves the butterfly bush. It's called the Hummingbird Moth.

Hummingbird Moth

that looks like it!!
the wings look different though..
now i will be on a mission to get this little guy on film...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter