Nancy's Weight Loss Journal (Feel Free to Post!)

B-2 of those egg/sausage/bacon things
L-2 slices ham w/ 2 slices muenster melted
D-McDonalds Grilled Chicken Caesar salad w/italian dressing

Exercise-Well, I blew it! We had carpeting installed that morning, I had to move all the kids stuff back into their rooms, organize the new play room, plus I had carpet installers at my house for a few hours. I had to get ready for the pig roast the next day (making several new dishes) etc. So, when I finally got some time in the evening I was just too exhausted to exercise. I was hoping to "make it up" the following day--but Saturday was harder than Friday. So, no prize this week.

B-none
L-none
D- We went to the 7th Annual Pig Roast that we go to every year today. I did not eat before getting there because I knew how easy it would be to overeat and was too busy that day to make food anyway. Here is what I had (and yes, it involves my FIRST cheat in the 6.5 weeks of Atkins!)

Pork (duh, it IS a pig roast!)
Beef (they rotisserie it over a grill, it is delicious!)
Cauliflower Salad (the "fake" potato salad dish I made)
BLT Salad (the other dish I made)
Orange/Pineapple individual cheesecake (also Atkins friendly that I made)
AND...
one fabulous, wonderful, melt in your mouth slice of Carmel-Apple Cheesecake!

I was not intending on cheating, that is why I made three (count them 3!) dishes that I could have, plus the meats were safe too. However, I just saw that cheesecake and knew that I had to cheat, it combined all my favorites--cheesecake and apple cinnamon and carmel! So, one slice did the trick and I ate nothing else the rest of the evening. Not bad, considering the party is like 10 hours long!

If I sound happy that I cheated I am NOT, but I am happy with my overall choices, there were an easy 75 dishes that I passed on that I could have had that would have made the day horrible!
Plus, I did not even have one drink!

Exercise--Considering I left the house at 12:30 pm and got home at 1:30 am, I did not exercise my program today. I did do 1 mile of the WATP 2 mile walk, but did not get the rest of my plan in at all. I blew it this week!

B-none
L-none
D- 2 hamburger patties and 1 (and I mean only 1) fat free chip.

Exercise-none, I had already blown it this week, and Monday 8/11 starts my new exercise week, so I decided to blow it off! Not a wise choice, I will probably be sorry on Wednesday when I weigh in!

Now, I have to figure out what to do with my Minnie clippie. I guess I start back at week one, will have to look into that!

B-BLT salad
L-3 slices ham in 3 slices muenster
D-small salad w/ italian dressing

Exercise--Tone Up on Broadway tape & Curves

I am back on track, no excuses, this week I WILL complete my exercise program!

B-none
L-Salad w/ Italian dressing
D-Went out to eat, had a great dish I "customized" for me--
Chicken breast, broccoli, swiss cheese, tomato slices and a little lettuce with ranch dressing--super yum!
S-Half of an Atkins Advantage bar--chocolate coconut

Exercise--2 Mile WATP video but I could not make it to Curves, it was beyond my control, DH was stuck in a storm/flood on expressway and it took him several hours to get home. I will try to make it up either Friday or Saturday if possible, and if I cannot by then I will do one extra video to replace it.

Tomorrow I weigh in, am not feeling too confident however!

B-none
L-Egg salad w/ mayo, couple peices of cantaloupe, 4 fat free chips (ate them b/c they were there---did NOT need them--those few chips added 3 carbs! And NOT the "good" carbs! Ughh)
D-2 hamburger patties with taco cheese sprinkled on them

Exercise--Broadway Blast Off and Curves

Weigh In Day--lost 1 more lb, that makes 17lbs total since I started WISH/Atkins! I love the fact that I lost even with my little cheat!

B-none
L-none
D-Chicken salad w/ mayo, macadamia nuts, almonds & a few cashews
S-One fifth of an Atkins Advantage Bar (Chocolate Decadence I believe, not so great!)

Exercise--Did the Ab Formula Video, but the power went out at 4:15pm so I was unable to go to Curves. There really is no way for me to "catch up" now, so I am going to call this "God's Will" and not count it against myself this week. I am only human!

B-Half cup Blueberries
L-2 grilled pork chops
D-McDonalds Caeser Salad, no chicken (they did not have grilled only fried & breaded) w/ my own Caesar dressing
S-Just a few cheese puffs, like 6 or 7

Exercise- Did some of my own stuff before power went on, did not know if we would be getting power that day so I decided to do some routines by memory and walk like on WATP. Worked out for about 45mins all together. The power went on at almost 4pm, but I decided to call it a day. You should have seen me, looking at the TV screen with nothing on it! It was quite funny!

B-none
L-Some fruit I was cutting up for a BBQ at my house tonight (cantaloupe, watermelon, honeydew, strawberries, blueberries)
D-Couple of pieces of BBQ chicken (no sauce), cauliflower "fake" potato salad, garden salad w/ italian dressing and some more fruit (yes, went overboard on the fruit--over the carb limit for sure!)
oh, and, I had my first alcohol tonight since I started Atkins on 7/2/03--3 Michelob Ultra Light Beers, 2.6 carbs each! But, boy did they taste great! (Less filling, tastes great...could not help myself!)

Exercise: WATP 2 Mile

Did not do bad, it was easy since I was the hostess today--I was able to make all the dishes my way and Atkins friendly. Tomorrow, I will be at another BBQ/Party that I have no idea what to expect--will probably bring some leftovers.

Only had one meal today, it was at a party:
2 chicken legs and one thigh (broasted), cauliflower "potato" salad, fruit salad.
S-One fifth of De-Lite Chocolate Mint bar

Exercise-One hour Richard Simmons Broadway SWEAT tape!

Fruit is NOT my friend--I gained a lb this weekend, although it doesn't count until Wednesday, my weigh in day, so I will be busting my butt to get down at least 2 lbs by then so I can claim a one lb loss! TOM is here to, the tail end, so that may have affected my weight too! (But, it was probably all the fruit!)

Mon-Blast Off (25) and Curves (app 35)
Tues Tone Up (25) and Curves
Wed-Ab Formula (20) and Curves
Thurs-WATP 2 Mile (30) and Curves
Friday-BellyDancing Videoes -2 @ 30 mins each
Sat-Day Off
Sun-Broadway SWEAT (1 hr)

I gave myself Saturday off--I think this Saturday may be crazy and I don't want to set myself up for failure! I may add something if at all possible.

B-2 slices Muenster Cheese and 10 Macadamia Nuts
L-Egg Salad w/mayo and watermelon
D-Large grilled chicken breast

Exercise: Broadway Blast Off and Curves

B-none
L-2 slices Muenster Cheese, a few macadamia nuts
D-2 large Hamburger patties w/ Muenster Cheese
S-Went to a Tastefully Simple Party last night, they sell lots of sauces, seasonings, breads, soups etc--all mixes that you prepare. I had been to one a few years ago, so I knew what to expect. I did very good, I tried all the dips made with mayo/sour cream, I did not try the sweet stuff, or the breads, or the cakes. I did not have any crackers either. I dipped these air puffed vegetable sticks into all the dips, definitley had carbs in them but they were made from veggies so they were probably the best choice. I found out where to buy them and am hoping to go get a look at the bag today or tomorrow to see exactly how good/bad they were. I bought some bacon seasonings, spinach seasoning and a Fiesta seasoning (very spicy). I can make dips from mayo and sour cream from these plus use them on meat or in salads.

Exercise: Tone Up on Broadway tape, unfortunately could not get to Curves because of the party, just not enough time. I want to make it there Friday instead--depending on DH's work schedule! Boy, I wish I had a babysitter!

Weighed in at 197 today, that is a one pound loss last week and 18lbs total on Atkins/WISH since 7/2/03. I feel a new clippie coming on soon (2 more pounds!). Slow but sure, I am getting there!

B-none
L-none
D-chicken breast, broccoli, ranch dressing, tomato slice and a large lettuce leaf.
S-two thirds De Lite Chocolate Mint Bar

Exercise--Ab Formula, no Curves AGAIN because of DH's work schedule, thank God the kids will be in school (Kindergarten and preschool) soon and I will have at least 2 days per week to for sure get to exercise. Anyway, I am still hoping to double up the exercise over the next few days, somehow, someway!

Not too hungry today, drank quite a bit of water too! But boy does this exercise get me down! I have to come up with a way to get more in the daytime so that I am not always so dependant on the Curves in the evening. Soon enough I will have 2 days per week (Tues and Thurs mornings) that I will have NO KIDS for 2 hrs each day and I SWEAR I am devoting at least one hour each day to exercise! I know that it is the key!

B-none
L-2 hard boiled eggs w/ mayo, sour cream and bacon bits, about 10 Macadamia Nuts
D-Medium sized rib eye steak grilled
S-2 small pretzels and one bite of chocolate chip cookie ice cream sandwich--very small bite! (could not resist!)

Exercise-- WATP 2 Mile and Curves

Not nearly enough water today!

B-none
L-slice of Muenster Cheese and some bacon dip I made (mayo, sour cream, and some bacon bits) on a few cherry tomatoes
D-Large salad "Chicken Fiesta" w/ lettuce, green peppers, tomatoes, cheddar cheese, onions, grilled chicken and a dressing that I have NO IDEA how many carbs were in it, but it definitley had salsa and some kind of vinegar/italian mixed with it. I was at a Coney Island.
S-the left overs from my dinner salad

Exercise--2 Bellydancing videoes, one was for the Arms and Abs (awesome, a true Ab cruncher!) and the other was for thighs, butt, and hips (also very good!). Oh, and I went with a friend to hte park and we walked the trails, about 2 miles with the girls in tow in a wagon!

B-none
L-3 ham slices w/ cream cheese inside
D-McDonalds Grilled Chicken Caesar salad w/ my own dressing, onle quarter of a slice of watermelon
S-A midnight snack, one grilled pork chop

No exercise today, as I detailed in my plan, but we did walk quite a bit at a carnival we went to--and I didn't even have an elephant ear! There is a first time for everything!

B-First breakfast since I started Atkins that I went out to eat. Greek Omelette (eggs, gyro meat aka lamb, feta cheese and onions) NO hash browns! Also, 2 cups decaf w/ sweet and low and creamer
L-none
D-Again, we were out to eat (we spent the day at Frankenmuth, an adorable town a couple of hours away from us, very touristy!) I had a BLT with one POUND of bacon (only ate half) NO bread, used lettuce, cut up my tomatoes and had mayo to splash on it. It was very good, although our waiter looked at me like I was nuts! The restaraunt we ate it is known for their 1lb BLTs, which is why I just HAD to have it!

Exercise--1 hr Broadway tape and lots of walking, especially at the petting zoo we went to.

B-none
L-12 Macadamia Nuts
D- YUM---made my own version of shrimp scampi--shrimp, butter, garlic, olive oil. Cut up a squash and steamed it and used that as my noodle/rice. It was yummy, and I sprinkled some Cheddar Cheese on top and let it melt. Super good!

Exercise: Ab Formula, no Curves, could not make it

Oh, and a diet root beer!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter