Napa rose chef’s counter

met19

Mouseketeer
Hey all –

Wondering if you can help with a few questions.

For background: My partner and I are both big Disney fans. She’s never been to chef’s counter or napa rose. We have reservations for this coming weekend. I remember chef’s counter pre-Covid and it was amazing. I’ve done the vintner’s menu pre and during Covid and it was also good. A few questions if you might assist:

1) Has anyone dined here in the last week or two and be willing to post their opinion about the quality of the food versus the price point? Could you also share the prices including the wine pairings I’ve heard they’ve even changed from fall 2021?
2) I heard the main menu has been cut to three choices per course (first, second and main) which is down significantly from even earlier in the pandemic. Does this affect chef’s counter experience as the chef’s counter from what I understand is now seven courses (Inc dessert)?

Essentially what I’m trying to figure out is the chef’s counter in January 2022 worth it for someone’s first time there (combo of price, value and choice).

I'm eagerly following this. I remember 6 courses if you include the amuse bouche. It was magical every time I've done it.

Supposedly it’s now in an amuse +7 courses. But the current menu is so Paired down which is my concern. I am not sure how that severely paired down regular menu would affect the chef’s counter.

If you try it, I'll be interested to hear how this goes. I'd be inclined to give it a try since they customize your courses according to personal preferences.

If you try it, I'll be interested to hear how this goes. I'd be inclined to give it a try since they customize your courses according to personal preferences.

Only allergy-wise. One of my guests said not tomatoes and they literally served her tomatoes.

We were there a couple of weeks ago. There is no vintners menu, just the main menu and it is pared down. With no vintners menu, there is also no wine pairing in the restaurant. We discussed the chef's counter with our waiter and were told that it only runs on weekends now and is one seating. From my understanding, it is now expanded to more courses and is a longer seating since there is only one.

Hi! We've done the Chef's counter twice since it re-opened. It is now 7+ courses. It does have a wine pairing option. The chef "creates" items for you and the items are NOT on the regular menu at this point. Last time we went in early December 2021, this was the menu for myself (they give you an autographed copy of your personal menu at the end) ... my partner had a different menu. His is below mine and he had the wine pairing. As you can see, some items are the same and some different. It was an INCREDIBLE experience.

MY MENU:
1. Golden Osettra Caviar, Parsnip Espuma and Lace Tuile
2. Ahi Tuna Carpaccio, braised lentils, lobster tian, Lemon Gelees
3. Risotto of Matsutake Mushrooms, Uni Butter
4. Tamarind Glazed Duck Breast, Chanterelle Mushrooms
5. Roasted Colorado Lamb Saddle, Chestnuts, Autumn Greens
6. Baked Robiola Bosina Cheese, Caramelized Onions, Quince Relish
7. Eclair, Dark Chocolate Pomegranate Mousse
8. Harvest Pear Turnover, Holiday Egg Nog Ice Cream Float

My Partner's Menu:
1. Golden Osetra Caviar, Parsnip Espuma and Lace Tuile
WINE PAIRING: Billecart-Salmon, Brut, Champagne, France
2. Artichoke Parmesan Fritters, Roasted Pepper Saffron Vinaigrette
WINE PAIRING: Livio Felluga, Pinot Grigio, Collio DOC Italy 2017
3. Risotto of Matstake Mushrooms, Uni Butter
WINE PAIRING: Domaine Didier Dagueneau, Buisson Renard, Blanc Fume de Pouilly, Loire Valley, France 2011
4. Wild Board Meatloaf, Pickled Persimmons
WINE PAIRING: E. Guigal, Chateaunneuf-du-Pape, Rhone Valley, France 2010
5. Beef Tenderloin, Hazlenuts, Roasted Roots and Cabernet Jus
WINE PAIRING: Rootstock, Cabernet Sauvignon, Napa Valley, CA 2018
WINE PAIRING: Leacock's Medium Rich Bual, 10 years of age, Portugal
8. Peppermint Creme Brûlée Tart
WINE PAIRING: Merry Edwards Winery, Late Harvest Sauvignon Blanc, Sonoma, CA 2018

Hi! We've done the Chef's counter twice since it re-opened. It is now 7+ courses. It does have a wine pairing option. The chef "creates" items for you and the items are NOT on the regular menu at this point. Last time we went in early December 2021, this was the menu for myself (they give you an autographed copy of your personal menu at the end) ... my partner had a different menu. His is below mine and he had the wine pairing. As you can see, some items are the same and some different. It was an INCREDIBLE experience.

MY MENU:

My Partner's Menu:
WINE PAIRING: Domaine Didier Dagueneau, Buisson Renard, Blanc Fume de Pouilly, Loire Valley, France 2011
WINE PAIRING: Merry Edwards Winery, Late Harvest Sauvignon Blanc, Sonoma, CA 2018
When are the dates that you went? Thanks

When are the dates that you went? Thanks
We went to the Chef's Counter itself on December 3, 2021 and previously August 7, 2021. We did the normal dining room on December 26, 2021 and June 1, 2021. Yes, we go there too often.... ;) haha! And I have not seen any reduction in the quality of food or service. The only thing missing is bread service, but that's gone in a LOT of restaurants these days.

MY MENU:

My Partner's Menu:

Those Menus sound AMAZING. Looks like for the extra course, they are extending the dessert. Wine pairing looks marvelous as well.

Hi! We've done the Chef's counter twice since it re-opened. It is now 7+ courses. It does have a wine pairing option. The chef "creates" items for you and the items are NOT on the regular menu at this point. Last time we went in early December 2021, this was the menu for myself (they give you an autographed copy of your personal menu at the end) ... my partner had a different menu. His is below mine and he had the wine pairing. As you can see, some items are the same and some different. It was an INCREDIBLE experience...
Did you share the counter with another couple?

Can anyone remember the seating numbers to request if you want the 4 in the middle? I remember they used to have allocated numbers But can’t remember what they were.

MY MENU:

My Partner's Menu:

Thanks for sharing these details. Several of those items ARE on the menu, or were in mid December, because we ordered several of them.

Your dessert and your partner's items 2, 4, 7, and 8 were regular menu items that we ordered.

The rest of it all sounds like stuff I'd have no interest in, so that helps me know this experience is probably not for me.

Thanks for sharing these details. Several of those items ARE on the menu, or were in mid December, because we ordered several of them.

Your dessert and your partner's items 2, 4, 7, and 8 were regular menu items that we ordered.

The rest of it all sounds like stuff I'd have no interest in, so that helps me know this experience is probably not for me.
I did request my dessert from the menu as I'm picky about my dessert. ;) Normally they would surprise you with dessert too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter